Options

Santa Dash 5K

Comments

• Options
    I know some Wetherspoons open early for Sunday breakfast and with the number of people in the city on the day, I would expect one of the Matthew Street pubs to open as well. Just take your time, fininsh nice and slow and hey presto the pubs will be open.

Any tips in taking 2 hours for a 5k would be very welome!! can we run twice and treat it as a long Sunday run?
  • Options
    Think there is a time limit f 1 hour 30 minutes for people to complete the run so it can count for the world record as long as enough people cross the line
  • Options
    PANIC !! PANIC !!
    Despite response from organiser on Tuesday (see post on p9), it seems we WON'T be receiving suit/number/directions etc - he's now saying we missed the cut-off point. Anyone know of (at least) 2 numbers going spare ?
  • Options
    Sorry Mister P. I don't know what to suggest, but as it is a world record attempt the more people the better, so there is probably a solution to the problem..

Perhaps if you offered to supply your own suit and turn up on the day??

• Options
    Unfortunately my understanding is that the world record attempt is not based on the physical number turning up, but the number of offical entrants covering the course.

Each race number issued has a tear off slip which will be collected when every Santa crosses the finish line and it is the tear off section which is used to determine the number of participants not the actual number of running Santa's.

• Options
    I am meeting a load of peeps from work running this event at the top of Mathew Street (the end nearest the start off St. Johns Street) if anyone else wants to meet up?

You will be able to recognise me, ill be the one wearing the santa suit....Tee Hee

Seriously though if you want to meet up thats where ill be around 8:15am, im led to believe there is a McDonalds just near there for the coffee and Tea peeps????
  • Options
    I can see the faces on the staff in McDonalds when loads of santas flood the shop
  • Options
    Just think.. you could commit any crime you wanted and the Police would have a hell of a job identifying which Santa was the culprit..!!

• Options
    best of luck to all taking part tommorow,i know were goin to have agreat day!
  • Options
    Judt went out for a few drinks and watch the reds win but had to come home as I know if I stayed out I would not be getting to the start line on time.

Have to be up about 7am tomorrow but it is going to be well worth it and a great day out and hopefully we will be record breakers
  • Options
    early start here too. we have a very excited 11year old doing the mini dash as well here. thats what it's all about!! hope to see you all tomorrow it;s come round so quick
  • Options
    So where are we meeting after the run?????

RB - I'll be at that Mcdonalds at 8.15 as well - will try to spot you.
  • Options
    Nice one, Ill be stood around with a load of other muppest in santa suits!
  • Options
    Now everyone has gone to bed, without deciding where to meet after.

Sigh
  • Options
    Im still here but am going to bed in the next two seconds
  • Options
    JJJ, ring after me after you have finished, im sure our crowd are all up for a few beers, fetchh your crowd along and we can have a rite laugh
  • Options
    Thanks for responses - managed to pull afew strings, call in a few favours, and generally make a nuisance of myself. Got suits and numbers for myself and MrsJ. Good luck everyone !!
  • Options
    I don't beleive I am up this early as I don't even get up for work this early.

Good luck to everyone taking part in the race today and lets have a great day nd bring the record to Liverpool
  • Options
    Wonder if anyone can help me!

at the end when they were giving the goody bags out I took off my garmin ang put it in my goody bag with my camera.

I then had to swap goody bags cos the one I had originally had the wrong size T-shirt in, so there is a santa out there with a goody bag with a Garmin and a camera in it, if that was you or you know who it was please can someone email me on louise220275@hotmail.com please.

much appreciated
  • Options
    Someone thinks Santa was very generous with the goody bags!

any ideas how to get the McDonald's logo off the T-shirt?? I refuse to wear it otherwise!
  • Options
    Did anyone else wear a Garmin. Would love the map data as I didn't wear mine - perhpas exchange emails.

I hung around at Starbucks but Wifey made off with my car keys and Money so we scarpered fairly early.

My boy ran rather slowly today but we managed 35 minutes after 2 stops - Terrible stitch and a wee stop - yes that was him!(planned 27)..He is very pleased with his effort.
  • Options
    If someone can find my garmin for me ill swap data with ya!

Mine measured the course at 3.51 miles.
  • Options
    SSR

Hope you get your stuff back, if its any consolation something similar happened to me last year with my HRM and phone and I got both back by leaving a text message on the phone.

Run today was good, didnt bother with time to busy stopping for a chat and looking at other Santas. Goody bag was amongst the best I've ever had, great value for £10.I will be back next year.

Hale Village run next week has a lot to follow!!
  • Options
    Sorry i didnt meet anyone! didnt really know where to look but i did see someone in the distance with a runners world sign on there back!

I did the 5k, then the mini dash with my 2year old niece who really enjoyed it but was a bit dissapointed at the end because there were no balloons or goody bags left!

was also a bit annoyed about the PA man announcing that all the childern from the mini dash had finished when there were still quite a few running, causing my sisters and parents to panic that my niece had got injured!

Other than that, it was a really good day and will definatly do it again.
  • Options
    SSR - hope you get your stuff back - might be worth emailing the organisers in case anyone gets in touch with them.

my garmin said 3.47m (so a touch over the 5K then...)

I did enjoy my pasta and sauce (with a bit of bacon) for lunch - pretty sure we won't get that at Hale on sunday.

• Options
    i (natasha) had a rw sign on my back.after my daughter had finished the mini dash we wandered about a bit & made for home as son was getting a bit bored. he thinks it was all a bit too energetic (he's 15 & hand in hand with lazy!!)

great day lets hope we get the record
  • Options
    Have to say I really enjoyed this one, managing a PB for a santa suit wearing 5k. Also, thought the goody bag was really good, especially considering entry was only £10. Well done to the organisers.

Just a couple of questions..... if we have beaten the record, then will there not be a Santa Dash next year? or am I being a bit dim? Also, When, and how, will we know if we broke the record? Does anyone know?

Missed coffee, etc at the end, sorry. Hope everyone enjoyed themselves though.
  • Options
    I looked on the BBC news website and it said there were 4,514 Santas running which should comfortably beat the old record although apparently it will take some weeks to confirm. Do they count very slowly on Merseyside?

I was very slow for a list of excuses that's too long but it was the best running fun I've had since the Prestwich Challenge.

Didn't meet anyone in Starbuck's opposite the Town Hall despite having a big Forumite badge on my back.
  • Options
    I enjoyed the run too despite my misfortunes, found it very crowded especailly until the first mile was out of the way.

Took me 45 mins to do what I had clocked at 3.51 miles, not too bad for me but I gave it as much as I could to get a good time for 3.1 miles and then relaised I still was nowhere near the finish so I was a little tired doing the last bit.

I have also learned as well today never to run if your suffering with a cold, ive been bad all week but I was determined to go today but now I feel awful and cant stop coughing, should have known better really!

Ho hum

Didnt meet any forumites but ran with frinds from work.

Hope we bust the record!

Oh yeah and I didnt notice upper parliment street on the map they gave us, evil race organisers....I hate that hill