Options

FLM 2006 Sub 4 hours

Comments

• Options
    Hello all, guess who? Yes its that thread secretary back! All sorts of stuff going on so only been able to log on today.
    Hope we are all well, had a quick look over the last couple of pages. Nice to see you are still here!

Just got back from an 18 miler today, bring on Abingdon. Speed isn't there yet still but I'm just going my long distance plodding whilst organising a wedding..yes will soon be Mrs brindi....its all going on;o))

Right, been slack so will have to start again..whos in for Abingdon and whos in for Cardiff?

So nice to be back ;O))))))
  • Options
    Ripped Dap, I'm thinking of you and your Dad. Sending positive hugs to you, keep strong. We're all behind you.
  • Options
    RIGHT, HERE WE GO, PLEASE UPDATE!!! THANK YOU BRINDI SECRETARY!

Bristol Half
    Ripped Dap

Great North Run
    Ripped Dap

Cardiff Marathon
    Cas (IN}
    BK (IN)
    Ripped Dap (IN)
    Ripped Dap Parrot (IN) and he is fast
    Runner Bean (IN)
    Wilde Rover (IN HALF)
    SOL
    SBF

Abingdon Marathon
    Brindi (IN)
    Dave the Flower (IN)
    Umbongo (IN)
    LifeofRiley (IN)
    Struthie (IN)
    Headbanger (IN)
    Forever 39 (IN)
    Hutton Trotter(IN)
    Jogging Oddly (IN)
    Darrencroc (IN)
    Tiger (IN)
    rabbit run (IN)
    Darkman (IN)
    tomb raider (IN)
    Gingerkid (IN)
    Tortoise of the North
    Marple
    Tri Sport

New Forest Half
    Dave the Flower
    Brindi
    Darrencroc
  • Options
    PPS. Will stop sending messages in a minute. Just to say that I've blown all schedules out of the way for Abingdon and just gradually increasing mileage each week on a Sunday. So now upto 18 and doing speed session on a Monday and smaller runs on Wednesday and Fridays. I think having no schedule takes the pressure off and I'm running the LSR nice and slowly and enjoying them. I'm much happier sticking to a pace that's comfy on the long runs as tuch wood thats what is preventing any injury. Any updates on schedules for Abingdon/Cardiff. PUT YOUR FLM entries in NOW!!! I think we'll have a blast next year and we can organise meeting up. Don't hesitate, I'm putting mine in and just going for it ;o) Bye for now, had my fix for the day.
  • Options
    PPS. See you at NF half, Dave the Flower....not really trying to bag a TOTP..honest ;o) ttfn
  • Options
    Brindi...great to hear from you...

18 miles? What's that all about?

Only just recovered from my <11 miles last saturday - seemed to strain my abdomen or something - very bizzare!

Abbers is out for me - but what about the New Forest? Are you doing the Half still? I am barely in shape for it but crossing my fingers for a forgiving day weatherwise.

Thinking of you RD - all my good wishes for your family and keep strong...

Out with lanky "non runner" friend tonight who seems to only run at 7 min/mile pace...could be interesting!

dtf
  • Options
    forgotten about that totp business...!
  • Options
    nothing like crossover posting is there?
  • Options
    Har Hiya DTF, nice to hear from you. Def on for New Forest Half. Hoping to beat last years time of 2 hours. I get abdomen strain all the time on long runs, I'm trying to build up some core strength on the swiss ball I bought a while ago but I'm currently using it as a footrest..ho ho

We'll have to meet up beforehand
  • Options
    ooh...there it is again.

a meet up would be good because it's looking like my usual running partners are not doing it due to lack of fitness. The other guys I know are too super fit for me (1hr35 - 1hr45) so a running buddy would be nice.

I'm looking for 1hr55 realistically but not that hopefull!

email me direct if you want arrange a meeting point on the field at the start.

dtf
  • Options
    Ar yes, I'm hoping for the same time so I'll meet you at the start line somewhere. I'm one of those runners though who plugs themselves in to an ipod so I won't be very entertaining! I'll be there though despite not being very chatty! Can chat about it afterwards over a cuppa. I could meet you at the start line right next to the sub 2 hour flag 10 mins before. I'm wearing an orange club vest and will be there with other orange people!
  • Options
    My dad made it through the surgery.

He was very very ill last night though. Much better today.....I think he is going to make it :)
  • Options
    Good news, RD, hope it continues well . . .
  • Options
    Thanks SBF. Looking good today when I saw him.

I even got out the door and ran to the top of the mountain opposite my house. First time in ages I have managed to get my trainers on. Forgot how nice it is up there with no one around (apart from the sheep, but let's not go there). Only a six mile round trip but really enjoyed it.
  • Options
    keeping My fingers crossed for your Dad RD,

ran steady 13.5 last saturday, went ok v.slow but did 6 last night in 52 mins so improving

Notts half sunday, 10 k week after then GNR ?
  • Options
    Blousey, your photo is in the official GNR programme again.

Never met anyone famous before ;)

Good running mate; really pleased for you.

I have had to pull out of GNR :(

Never mind Bristol half on the 17th.

Good luck with your races fella.
  • Options
    Just a quick in and out but all the best for your dad RD.
  • Options
    Brindi - I am still on track for Abingdon but have the tiny task of doing Loch Ness marathon first on the 1st October. If I feel good at LN I will go for that sub-4 time but if not I will treat it as an Abingdon training run. If I do get sub-4 then I may opt for Great South Run rather than Abingdon - far too confusing. I am doing Windsor half on 24 September.
  • Options
    Just noticed that Cas is back! Long time no hear.
  • Options
    Thinking of you RD, sounds like you deserved that run.

Hi Umbongo, best of luck for Windsor half. I did a 19 miler yesterday and it felt ok. Knackered for the last 2 miles but other than that spirits are good!

Happy running
  • Options
    Brindi - well done on your 19 miler.My planned 22 miler on Sunday ended up as a 19 miler on Saturday. Felt OK at time and fine the next day as I helped with under 9s rugby training for two hours Sunday morning.

Starting to get cold feet for Loch Ness now and may pursuade myself to concentrate on Abingdon -the plus side is that I have more time to train, I can race at Windsor and do local 10k on 1st October.
  • Options
    It's funny how, when someone else says they "felt OK" doing a run, you imagine them bounding around hardly puffed, but when you say it about yourself, you mean you just about hung on and didn't collapse until you'd finished....
  • Options
    Don't think I'll be feeling too OK during this weekends New Forest half - not with my lack of preparation...

Brindi - I think by the time I'll have finished you will have warmed down, rehyrdated, fuelled up and gone home!

Hopefully not, but what time I do is anybodies guess!

Well done all you long distancers out there...keep it going and good luck UB with Loch Ness should you go for it - sounds great!

dtf
  • Options
    Hi chaps!

Didn't run at all this week end.

Been out celebrating!

My dad is coming home on Wednesday. He is loads better!!!!

He is eating / drinking again; we even went for a walk together today.

It has also been confirmed....the cancer has gone!!!

Going to run (very slowly) Bristol this weekend with a huge smile on my face.

Excellent running by the way peeps. Enjoy your races and I will have everything crossed for you.

Your support for me over the past months has been nothing short of staggering.....I will never forget it.

Tearful ripped dap reaches for off button....
  • Options
    RD,
    our fame is unworthy ! excellent news about your Dad, hope he goes from strength to strength, sorry about GNR mate but hope i meet you foe the second time soon !

i ran (crawled) around nottingham Half on Sunday, mind played tricks again at 12. 6 miles stopped on the flat to walk for 2 mins when no real need too my excuse was to let a ambulance responding to an emergency out, however amazed by fellow 2 hour plus runners who ran in front of its path, clearly someone was in need yet there running on was more IMPORTANT, how sad,

as it was, i did 2.01.55 but pleased as i didn't think i would manage on three weeks training. i also paced The Late and sorely missed Lucy's partner to 10 miles and he achieved a 1.55 in his first half six weeks after commencing training and giving up the Cigs in respect of his late partner

well done JIM

regards to you all
  • Options
    Brilliant news, RD.

I put in a 18/19 mile long run at the weekend, so I am much encouraged and optimistic that I can finish at Cardiff.
  • Options
    Great news RD - wishing you all the best for your dad's full recovery. Good luck with the run, I'm sure you'll enjoy it all the more now...

• Options
    Blousey - I also did Robin Hood on Sunday - was it hot enough for you? Put in a 'personal worst' timeof 1.57. Had set my sights on around 1.50 (pb was 1.51.44 at Worksop last Year). Had slightly underestimated the size of this event - thinking it was a smaller 'local' event and a good one to set a pb at - ha! My Garmin had me bang on pace for 1.50 and at 13 miles I'd clocked 1.49. Unfortunately there was still nearly another mile to go. According to Garmin I ran 13.87 altogether! I did do an awful lot weaving in and out but never had a discrepancy that big before. A guy collapsed in front of me but luckily we had just arrived at the 10 mile marker and there were St John's medics within shouting distance. There did seem to be a lot of people collapsing - perhaps due to the heat - but do you think some people just go into these events thinking it's a doddle?

Well done on the time anyway - are you doing GNR this year?

Hope everyone else is training well.
  • Options
    Great news RD.

Thanks DTF
  • Options
    MOTR,
    you did very well as the course this year was much tougher than previously experienced, I will be doing GNR and last year the conditions were identical to Notts this weekend.

Crowds at GNR are Fantastic, hard to run through the bodies so PB,s are V.Difficult and i havn't managed under 2 hours for the GNR as yet despite being under in all the other 7 half's i did last year.

Lots of people get into the wrong starting areas and this year they have tried to address this with the colour bands but mark my words those who will be walking after mile 1, will still get in the wrong starting area, which is a shame

hoping to get a little speedier over next two weeks and will give it a go, it will probably be a lot cooler this year judging by long range forecasts,

my Garmin said 13.47 which is exactly the same as last years race ??? via different route ??

good luck to all