Options

Coniston 14 1 April 06

13»

Comments

• Options
    The 5 day forecast is for more rain fellrunner and continuing into the weekend too. Your wish may yet come true..!

• Options
    Started my taper earlier in the week by catching a chest infection off my mates 2 year old lad. May not have been the best move. You never know though, a week off prior to the race may do me good.
  • Options
    Also got a cold.

The rain does not bother me but it looks like its going to be windy.

No sitting outside the Crown after the race this year.

Hope everybody has a good race
    Dave
  • Options
    only two days to go. Yipeeeeeeeee!
    I keep checking the weatehr (twice a day...you never know it might change) looks liek its going to be wet all weekend, through to monday so not much chance of escaping rain on saturday. Ah well!
    Really looking forward to it. its my thrid year. feeling quite fit. Must find my number.....
  • Options
    Looks like weather might by dryish

Always a good race whatever - looking forward still
  • Options
    FROM THAT LOOKS LIKE THE WEATHER COULD DO JUST ABOUT ANYTHING!
  • Options
    That's the Lake District for you!

It says 'light showers' on Saturday for everywhere at the moment - I reckon that counts as 'might be dryish'
  • Options
    don't mind so long as it is warm (ish)!
    Getting the train over at lunch time. Its beatuiful and sunny here in the east midlands.....fingers cross that it amy be like this on teh west coast.....!
  • Options
    Just checked the link that CumbriAndy posted above, and it now shows thunderstorms everywhere, so bring your waterproofs.
  • Options
    You'll scare the natives if you run naked FR, but I suppose it takes allsorts !!

I was thinking of wearing a metal diving outfit a la Mr Benn, but the lightning risk is probably too high.

Enjoy the day.
  • Options
    Turned out nice again chaps! I ran in a pb time of 1h 52 mins so I was delighted although I have to say it gets tougher every year. Good turn out,friendly event will be back again next year hopefully
  • Options
    Fantastic event again. I beat last year's time by over 6 minutes so chuffed with that.

Stood by the start thinking 'Should I wear my hat and jacket..?', half way round I'm thinking, 'Wish I'd brought my sun cream..!'

Did anybody see the group of 5 or 6 lads in green t-shirts that said they were on a stag-do? I just hope they'd all trained before hand rather then inflict a surprise party on the groom..!! No doubt the beer was enjoyed afterwards.
  • Options
    Great race - my 1st time, which is odd as I'm from just down the road (although have migrated to the dales now).

Well organised, tough course and good support - how the motorists just outside Torver managed to be so patient as they waited for us all to stream past amazed me - thanks to all!

Quite pleased with 1:39, especially given my dodgy shin (which really hurts today!

3 weeks till FLM...
  • Options
    XBXB ✭✭✭
    I had a great day too.

I managed to stick to my plan and eased round in 2:08. I enjoyed the hills in the first half - they kept coming and made you concentrate on pace and effort. Once we got round the bottom of the lake I got used to running on the flat with the wind behind and was really enjoying myself. Then there were more hills and these ones hurt.

But I finished with a flurry - I do like downhill finishes - and a smile.

It's a great race in a superb location, really well organised and I'll be back.

• Options
    Anybody know if the results will go online?
  • Options
    results are on line follow the link on my webpage also if anyones intrested I took some photos as was injured this year also on my webpage

http://www.staffsmoorlands-ac.co.uk/
  • Options
    many thanks for that webrunner. really enjoyed the race but completely died over the return 7. Was going quite well up to the first water station than at around mile 8 the wheel fell off and just couldn't keep it going. I'm blaming an illness at the start of the week. Good race though, well organised with great views and atmosphere. Will definitely be back to improve my time.
  • Options
    XBXB ✭✭✭
    Brilliant photos, webrunner. Especially the cocker spaniel!!!
  • Options
    Another great effort on behalf of the organisers - well done to all concerned and to everybody on finishing.

Personnally, I had 'one of those days'. Didn't quite have my head right and it was hard work from start to finish - posted a 'personal worst' of 1:52 ish which was disappointing at the time - but I seem to have finished in exactly the same place as lat year which, given everything else, I've got to be happy with.
  • Options
    Same experience for me CA, I just didn't feel right on the morning and staggered in at 2:01.33 having got my pacing all wrong. Organisation was excellent though, and I still enjoyed the day. It's given me a target to aim for next year, and reminded me (if I needed reminding) how hard it will be to break four hours for my first marathon later in the year.
  • Options
    I love this race! well done to everyone involved. And what a nice day it turned out to be, i even have a watch strap mark!
    I managed 2:13:24 (by my watch) and offically 2:14:38 which are both great considering i was aiming for 2:16. I went through the half marathon point in 2:5:57, which is exactly the same time i did the liverpool half (MUCH flatter) in two weeks before.
    I always forget how not flat the east side of the lake is!
    Am very glad that it wasn't held on teh sunday, i don't think it stopped raining all day.
    I shall be back next year.
  • Options
    well done to all who did this some of us watced the begining until , somewhere in the middle untill everyone had passed then again at the end (we were on bikes)

well done to everyon who ran the tough course
  • Options
    Wildwill - thanks for the support - it was appreciated. Did I also see someone wearing a pirate vest (like the one in your picture) pass me at about 10 miles? Apologies for not making myself known if I did - I was struggling in the lead in to that bloody great hill at the time.
  • Options
    Yep - there were a few pirates running - we were in the lakes on a training weekend
  • Options
    Well done to everyone running, I was there chearing with Will, a great weekend was had and about 6 of our group did the run though think only 3 in pirate kit.

• Options
    debbodebbo ✭✭✭
    I had my pirate buff on (as well as my normal running kit I hasten to add).

I really enjoyed the race.
  • Options
    brought some hilly socks off the pete bland sports van been out in them plus shoes of course great feel