Options

Why have standards fallen..

124»

Comments

• Options
    Who do you run for by the way Wardi? I get the impression from your posts that you're in York/N.Yorks area as well? Do I know you but not know your forum name?
  • Options
    MinksMinks ✭✭✭
    Wardi, if and when we become three I have made it quite clear that running will be my hard-earned 'me time'. How this will be fitted in is something I haven't dared ponder on as yet! Better to wait until it happens I think ...
  • Options
    WardiWardi ✭✭✭
    Minks.. my clubmate Joanne has a 2 year old boy. She has great support from her hubby & Mum & Dad with babysitting duties, she needs it as she runs her own business! She managed to squeeze in enough training last winter to post a 3:14 at FLM at age 40 so I suppose she is proof it can be done! She tells me her racing weight is 7st 10ish. After the birth she was horrified to find she was carrying nearly 3 stone over! Most of this was water retention, the rest gradually disappeared over about 6 months training. The things you have have to look forward to {o:

HC.. I run as a vet for Tadcaster Harriers. I think I know you from the York SRL races, I normally finish around 30th place. I decided to show willing today, bus to work in York, run home tonight.
  • Options
    MinksMinks ✭✭✭
    Thanks Wardi, you've managed to both cheer me and horrify me at the same time! I'm cheered by the thought that it's possible to achieve a good marathon time even when juggling the responsibilities of work and childcare (as long as the support network is there, of course). I'm horrified at the thought of gaining anywhere near 3 stone in weight! My normal weight is 7st 2lb - I'd look like a barrel if I got anywhere near 10st, especially as I'm only 5'1"! And the thought of it taking 6 months to get rid of it ... doesn't bear thinking about!!