SlugstaSlugsta ✭✭✭
  • Options
    booooooiiiiiiinnnnngggggg
  • Options
    SlugstaSlugsta ✭✭✭
    Morning peeps.
  • Options
    Slugsta, thank you for your sterling work in keeping this page up

I'm convinced that its a lot quieter than last year, so anything that can be done to keep Windsor in sight is much needed!
  • Options
    SezzSezz ✭✭✭
    Fingers crossed, I may be running this after all. Hopefully getting someone else's entry transferred to me, all above board.

Yippeeee!
  • Options
    nice one Sezz!

BB, how are you doing in the Marquis stakes? Do you have enough dosh/asterixes??

When do you want the money?
  • Options
    SlugstaSlugsta ✭✭✭
    'Marquis' CDK?? Are you fantasising again?! LOL

I do agree though, BB it must surely be time for us to pay up?
  • Options
    Morning again

great news Sezz

CdK and Slugsta, based on asterixes and last years remainder, we can just afford the marquee but no food or drink.
    I don't want to start taking money until we have a larger buffer.

If we didn't get anymore asterixes and I'd started banking your cheques it would be an administrative pain to refund you all.

So we must continue to drum up trade and remind everyone what a fabulous time they will all have :-)

I'll contcat RW again as I've not had a reply to my email, replying to my email, if that makes sense.

Better go,haircut, then work.

• Options
    Ahhh I missed the cut off for this which is a pity because its local to me! But being new to this running lark I did not realise it existed until too late!

I may well come and watch however for moral support!
  • Options
    SlugstaSlugsta ✭✭✭
    bassy - if you'd like to come and support you'll be very welcome. Traditionally, forumites hire a marquee as a meeting point and have food/drink too. It's great to have somewhere to get together, leave kit, chat and shelter from sun/rain. BB is organising it again this year, costs £10 per adult if I remember correctly, please let her know if you are interested.
  • Options
    Bassy, sorry you didn't get in, but like Slugsta says its a good day out

Windsor Half Marathon Forum marquee/beer tent details:-

For a few years now a fab Marque has been organised for forum members and their guests at Windsor Great Park.

Meeting up both before and afterwards at our own marquee, hired for the day from the organisers of the event.

It has been a great success, as it gave the opportunity to base ourselves somewhere, and meet others for a few hours to chat/eat/drink etc, many not leaving until 6 p.m.

This year it will be £10 each,(to be collected by cheque,in advance),
    all inclusive (free to under 16's), and that includes hire of the marquee, food and drink.
    We have £130 left over from last year.

If you are interested and prepared to pay up please add a star by your name on the list, and I'll be in touch by e-mail over the next few weeks to confirm the booking and make arrangements for the £10 to be collected. BD and I organised it last year and can provide character references if required:-)

Please ensure your e-mail is enabled, or if you prefer to keep your e-address off forum, mail it to cafs30@yahoo.com.

Tell your friends too:-)

Runners:
    Ailsa *
    BD *
    Bobbis*
    Bodjit**
    Brownyboi *
    Cath
    CdK*
    Corridore (aka Mr P)*
    Debster
    flr*
    Forest Runner
    GregW*
    HappyasLarry*
    ixus_123
    lurker*
    Mash*
    MChaos*
    Meldy *
    Mr Slug *
    Moomoo*
    Pavey (and Mr P*)*
    Pinner Plodder
    Podds*
    Puffing Bertie*
    Ratcatcher**
    Sezz*
    Slugsta *
    StringSideUp
    Velociraptor*
    Woj

Supporters:
    BB *
    XFR bear*
    Mr CdK*
    Up to 3 wee-raptors***
    Mrs Gregw and miniGregw (asterixes to be confirmed)

• Options
    Updated the asterisks

----------------------------

For a few years now a fab Marque has been organised for forum members and their guests at Windsor Great Park.

Meeting up both before and afterwards at our own marquee, hired for the day from the organisers of the event.

It has been a great success, as it gave the opportunity to base ourselves somewhere, and meet others for a few hours to chat/eat/drink etc, many not leaving until 6 p.m.

all inclusive (free to under 16's), and that includes hire of the marquee, food and drink.

If you are interested and prepared to pay up please add a star by your name on the list, and I'll be in touch by e-mail over the next few weeks to confirm the booking and make arrangements for the £10 to be collected. BD and I organised it last year and can provide character references if required:-)

Please ensure your e-mail is enabled, or if you prefer to keep your e-address off forum, mail it to cafs30@yahoo.com.

Runners:
    Ailsa *
    BD *
    Bobbis*
    Bodjit**
    Brownyboi *
    Cath
    CdK*
    Corridore (aka Mr P)*
    Debster
    flr*
    Forest Runner
    GregW*
    HappyasLarry*
    ixus_123
    lurker*
    Mash*
    MChaos*
    Meldy *
    Mr Slug *
    Moomoo*
    Pavey (and Mr P*)*
    Pinner Plodder
    Podds*
    Puffing Bertie*
    Ratcatcher**
    Sezz*
    Slugsta *
    StringSideUp
    Velociraptor*
    Woj

Supporters:
    BB *
    XFR bear*
    Mr CdK*
    Up to 3 wee-raptors***
    Mrs GregW* and miniGregW
  • Options
    SlugstaSlugsta ✭✭✭
    So that's now 30 asterixeseseseses. How are we doing BB?
  • Options
    SlugstaSlugsta ✭✭✭
    Morning all,
    Found this norty little chap sculking all the way down on page 4!
  • Options
    Oooooh morning all, lovely and sunny here today :-)
  • Options
    SezzSezz ✭✭✭
    I've got a place, yipeeeeee!
  • Options
    SlugstaSlugsta ✭✭✭
    Great news Sezz!
  • Options
    Afternoon,

This will not happen unless we get more people signing up
  • Options
    SezzSezz ✭✭✭

Runners:
    Ailsa *
    BD *
    Bobbis*
    Bodjit**
    Brownyboi *
    Cath
    CdK*
    Corridore (aka Mr P)*
    Debster
    Fat Face*
    flr*
    Forest Runner
    GregW*
    HappyasLarry*
    ixus_123
    lurker*
    Mash*
    MChaos*
    Meldy *
    Mr Slug *
    Moomoo*
    Pavey (and Mr P*)*
    Pinner Plodder
    Podds*
    Puffing Bertie*
    Ratcatcher**
    Sezz*
    Slugsta *
    StringSideUp
    Velociraptor*
    Woj

Supporters:
    BB *
    XFR bear*
    Mr CdK*
    Up to 3 wee-raptors***
    Mrs GregW* and miniGregW
  • Options
    SezzSezz ✭✭✭
    BB, is it worth a thread in Clubhouse advertising this as a forum day out? Some peeps might not click on this thread until near the date of the race.
  • Options
    SlugstaSlugsta ✭✭✭
    Sounds like a good idea.
  • Options
    I've done as you requested, but with my grumpy b*tch hat on, I say if you don't sign up it will not happen. It is not my entire responsibility to do this.

<<takes off grumpy b*tch hat and smiles sweetly>>
  • Options
    SlugstaSlugsta ✭✭✭
    Morning BB.

What can we do to help?
  • Options
    Hi Slugsta, its mainly keeping people aware. I don't mind one bit organising this otherwise I wouldn't have offered again. We just need to encourage people to give ther commitment and of course their cash :-)

• Options
    BB you are a star. I wish I could be there to support and avail myself of the free beer :(
  • Options
    Thanks Snappy, beer free once you've paid your £10 entry fee:-)
  • Options
    BB, what date is it?
  • Options
    24th sept ST

Can I put my name down to do sports massage after the event??

I know someone did it last year, and if he is returning I'l just come and watch.Or there could be 2 of us? I have a couch ect. Donations into a charity box, probably Scope

BB, let me know.

Ta, Clair xx