Options

Watford 10K

13»

Comments

• Options
    As of this evening, the woods are completely dry. It's forecast to rain tonight, but it'll take quite a lot of rain to make the paths soft again.

Hope to see some of you tomorrow. If it's warm I'll be in an orange T-shirt, if it's wet/cold I'll be in a bright yellow jacket.

Good luck, everyone.
  • Options
    Brilliant fun, My first 10k and second ever race. I hoped to finish in an hour, as it isnt the flattest of routes, vey pleased with 54 minutes. Great bunch of runners friendly marshalls and enthusiastic support, all in all I am one happy chap.

Robin
  • Options
    A friend told me someone ran into the bollard just after 1k. None of you lot, I hope. Ouch.
  • Options
    ShivaShiva ✭✭✭
    I thought this was a good race, challenging in places, but a good atmosphere. I ran 43 mins, over a min slower than i wanted to, but given a lack of training since paris marathon, and being injured before that,I am made up.
  • Options
    Well done everyone - thankfully I avoided all the bollards and tree stumps but finished in an hour and 5 minutes (my slowest 10k).

Good marshalls and organisation though. And good supporters too.

x
  • Options
    The conditions didn't help, but still a good race. I finished in 40:29, which was faster then expected.

Anyone hear about the poor guy who fell over shortly after the start? I got the impression he might have been hurt quite badly, judging by the way he landed and the accompanying agonised cry.
  • Options
    I heard his scream, too. Hopefully he didn't get up, get into his stride and run into the bollard. Double ouch.
  • Options
    The conditions weren't easy. I ran along the part through the woods last night and it was bone dry, so a hell of a lot of rain must have fallen.

Felt the after-effects of doing a track 5K and 3K steeplechase on Saturday, but managed to hold it together anough to trot round in 3rd place.

Hope you guys will be back next year; thie one always throws up something different so it'll probably be scorching.

• Options
    Thanks for the birthday greetings joemole, a great time you did by the way. I decided to run round with Mrs jforce as it was the first race either of has done for 16 years.

We came in 59mins, a very comfortable run, and i thought it was an excellent way to spend my first morning as a 34 year old.

Loads of rain fell round here last night but i thought the route wasn't too bad considering.

Congrats to all, spesh congrats to p'bers
  • Options
    Well done all! Who said it was not a PB course?! Myself and Rebecca Sportspace took 8 mins off our time last year and we came in at 55.48, a PB for us both! She nearley killed me in the process though! Well done Tamara cat, you did well, its a tough course.
  • Options
    Congratulations JFB! Simpy passing a couple of folk with a little sprint before the line is exciting enough for me. But finishing in the top 3 must be such a thrill. You must be pleased with your time?
  • Options
    I enjoyed this race. This was my 1st time doing Watford 10k and I'll be back next year (only from down the road). The course was tougher than I had expected (slippery inclines and declines!!)and I was a little disappointed with my 57 min time. Oh well, at least it was under the hour I suppose!! Well done to everyone who took part. The atmosphere was friendly and I thought it was quite well organised too.