Training session-- Thurs 23rd

2»

Comments

• Options
    Well done KK, have a nice hol.
    Drew, we missed you on Sunday!

Time spent fitting bike computer: 40 mins
    Time spent actually cycling: 40 mins
    Why: was born with two left hands and the spatial awareness of a blindfolded drunk.
  • Options
    What: rest
    Why: back feels a bit dodgy after yesterday. O well, back to short and slow.
  • Options
    Evening All

Drew,
    great to see you back, was beginning to wonder what had happened to you! Think you made the right decision, more rest is better when you're ill.

KK,
    looks like we did almost exactly the same session today....

What: 15K @ 1/2M pace (avg 6:08 min/mile)
    Why: Tempo Session
    Last hard run: Today
    Last rest day: Yesterday, went to the gym but was turned away as they were full :-(
  • Options
    serious case of cant be arsed

So my 4 miles early tomorrow am, insread of rest day
    cheers!
  • Options
    HillyHilly ✭✭✭
    Evening all.

Glad to see you back running and posting Drew!

I was supposed to have a rest day today, but when I got home I realised that tomorrow would be an impossible evening to run. Appointments at doctors, and getting son to train station a priority. So reluctantly decided to do my second speed work session on tired legs, not really a good idea.

3 miles warm-up easy pace down to the track, 2*400m @ 1 mile pace (first a bit fast, second 2 secs too slow, so ok)2*800 @ 5k pace (again first too fast and second on target)1*1600m @ 10k pace, finished with a 3 mile easy run back home. Total 9 miles.

Last hard: tonight
    Last rest: last Thursday
  • Options
    Hi everyone

What: 4 miles easy with one monster hill followed by 1 hour weights (class at gym)
    Last hard: today I suppose, legs quite tired at the end anyway
    Last rest: Fri
  • Options
    Evening all,

What: 7km recovery run in very gentle and mind numbing 42 mins on treadmill

Why: On the time outdoors marathon training programme I am following

Last rest: Monday

Last hard: Yesterday's hill session

Simon
  • Options
    just read this thread
    Thanks sfh legs

But i feel really inadequate when i read all your posts

its not as if you are all younger than me either!
  • Options
    Hippo never fear - it just takes us slow one's longer to get back and i'm a regular

what: work to home run
    12.4 miles (ouch)

142.27 (yes two hours and 22 mins)

lots of things in pockets and a stereo so might be able to make 2.20 at Reading if naked.

last hard; just now my legs don't work

last easy: rest on monday
  • Options
    Blimey Hilly, you don't half pack it in - didn't occur to you to move your next hard session to Sat did it??
    MM - sounds really tough, and controversiall long for a 1/2 tempo run...well done.

Hippo - sure tomorrow's run will feel all the better for having had a rest day today.

Zilla, careful now or we'll all come and watch!
  • Options
    I wimped out of my mega- speed session today. Roadworks all along the route. So will do it in the morning.

Did a hilly 8 instead.
  • Options
    got my earlier post wrong!!
    what-track session(300ms flat out x5,47secsish)
    why- speed!
    last hard -tonight
    last rest-week last sat!!
    Hmmmm!!!
  • Options
    Thought perhaps if I became a regular here I might just stick to my schedule! Training for FLM on RW mag sub 4.30 plan.

What - Gym session including: 3*1600@11kph with 400 recoveries @ 8.5kph. 10 mins on stepper, 10 mins on rower, weights for major muscle groups.

Why - Speed session which I ought to have done on Tuesday but couldn't fit it in.

Last hard - Sunday (Oddballs Perch - muddy & undulating 10k)

Last easy - Mon/Tue resting.

Slight twinge in the knee at the moment. Hopefully it'll recover overnight or I might have to forgo tommorow's 6 mile steady :(