Options

MODERATLEY ANNOYED, but not too annoyed thread

Comments

• Options
    WombleWomble ✭✭✭
    At least it'll be nice and clean. I'm trying to stop using bleach but the ecover toilet cleaning stuff just isn't as good. Oh dear, decisions, decisions, do I go back to bleach or not?
  • Options
    M..o.useM..o.use ✭✭✭
    Not sure on environmental perspectives Womble but the tablets you clean false teeth in are supposed to be good for cleaning toilets.
  • Options
    WombleWomble ✭✭✭
    Strangely, I find the idea of buying false teeth cleaning tablets about as appealing as having to go into Evans to buy shoes (they do large sizes). I did buy some shoes in Evans once and was horrified when asked if I wanted one of their store cards. Explained I was very unlikely to be in there again (and surely that was obvious).
  • Options
    A little miffed, been out on a run..... worst time possible to do it though. I go past two schools, one junior, one upper. So for the first 3 miles had single mothers yelling unmentionables to a sweet naive innocent like me and the last 3 with teenagers swearing and pretending to chase me ... good job my mp3 player was on loud and it was a tempo run .... :-)

Afternoon ladies .....
  • Options
    M..o.useM..o.use ✭✭✭
    oh yes now that running malarky.

Am actually tempted to go and try and rediscover moooojooooo at the gym later.
  • Options
    Well, I'm moderately f***ing miffed that I've been asked (again) for the second time in 6 months if I would consider working overseas. I don't want to work overseas. I have no inclination to find out about the climes of Malaysia, India or Saudi.
  • Options
    WombleWomble ✭✭✭
    Too right. There's no skiing (or snowboarding).
  • Options
    Evening everyone. Can I thank you all for your advice re the problem with my Ex.
    I went to Portsmouth and picked them up, rose above her pettyness and had a lovely chat with the boys on the way back. They are here now and we're going to have a fun weekend. Allbeit that one has a heavy cold and the birthday boy has a badly sprained wrist so the rock climbing party I had organised has had to be cancelled!
    Never mind, I'm happy!
  • Options
    PS, excellent news !!

Stop posting and enjoy the weekend :-p ... he will remember his dirthday with his dad for the rest of his life; memories that will never be forgotten :-)

Can't he rock climb one-handed???? lol

If there is any jelly and ice cream left, send it my way ;-)

Have a blast !
  • Options
    M..o.useM..o.use ✭✭✭
    Or birthday even.

Morning Moderates.

Am almost broody with all this sproglet speak.

(almost)
  • Options
    Gmi, sound advice (again!) As the rock climbing party has been postponed I've now been conned into taking him and a few of his mates to an advance screening of Mr. Bean.
    It now appears he'll be getting two parties. One today and one sometime during Easter Hols. How did that happen?
    <So I'm now off to wash the word MUG off my forehead!>
    :D)))
  • Options
    Mouse, your time will come... ;-)

PS, all fathers are MUGS and the fact we love it makes it a lot easier.... if you post a report of the Mr. Bean film on the film thread and update here I'd love to read it. Was going to take mine as they love that sort of thing.

Also, I'm email enabled if you want to chat offline.

Look after yourself and the kids, the weekend looks perfect for it..... I love it when a plan comes together :-)
  • Options
    Mouse -- Did you rediscover mojo..? If so, didja find mine and SVTs whilst you were there...?

PS & GMI -- see, you guys say you're mugs, but when I think back to all the times when I wanted anything, I always ask my Dad first. Simple reason, he's more reasonable. Anything I want, if I can put forward a decent enough argument, I know my Dad is going to consider it and say yes. Whereas Mum... she'll just say no for the hell of it see. It's the same as when I want Mum to know anything, I always tell Dad first... because I know that no matter how I explain it, Mum will not understand (usually on purpose) and further more, if it's something I can't do for her (like fixing her bliddy PC) Dad explains it to her in such a way that still comes out with me looking like a Saint. Interesting thing is, my 'Dad' is actually my Step-Dad and he has never had kids of his own. Just shows IMHO how much effort guys put in when they want to. If I'm half as good a parent (if it ever happened) as my Dad is, then I'll be very lucky. I've learned alot from him... and you two guys, your kids will too.
  • Options
    M..o.useM..o.use ✭✭✭
    GMI - shhhhh!!! Broodiness scares the boys away.

My Dad is perfect, end of (in a Big Brother stylee).

Cath - story. Yes mojo is recovered as I was raring to go to the gym last night. However, an hour long telephone conversation killed it. It is there though. I'm going to let it out just a little bit later for a bit of front crawl and really let it off the lead tomorrow at the HM. I haven't put any weight back on with mojoloss so I'm just calling this a mega taper.
  • Options
    My dad was wonderful too... sadly he died suddenly 4 years ago already. Still miss him... :-(
  • Options

Evening All :-)

Moderately annoyed clocks go forward and cranleigh is an early start tomorrow @ 9am. Sleeping on a mates sofa for 2 days will not have helped.

Dreading it, 21 miles of fumes from Gatwick. Nice, not :-(

Gotta be done though.
  • Options
    M..o.useM..o.use ✭✭✭
    Moderately annoyed that students round here somewhere are having a party tonight. Ear plugs at bedtime methinks. At least my race isn't till 11am.
  • Options
    I'm glad to say I'm not MA at all today! Film was typical Mr. Bean stuff & kids loved it.

Had some excitement at dinner in a restaurant. Everything going well. Birthday boy orderd the 'Birthday Belly Buster' for everyone. (Think a pint of chocolate sponge/sauce/vanilla ice cream/marshmallows/smarties all topped with whipped cream and more chocolate sauce). It arrives at the table with waiter/esses all singing Happy Birthday and a huge roman candle spurting out flames.
    No problems until the birthday boy decides it's time to blow out the candle. Suffice to say I received a warm glow all over my face and have only just retained my eyebrows!!

I hope he enjoys his presents tomorrow. Chances of a lay-in are slim for me though!

:p))
  • Options
    Mouse - how was the HM? Did you sleep in the end?

Cath - Wise words ;-)

Hanneke - time can only heal so much ;-)

WA - race report?

PS - was today a good day?

MA my work colleague has smashed his PB at Reading today by 10 mins to beat me by 5:30 overall. [insert any word that could get the thread cazzed !!!] Only had 3 weeks to gloat as well, hmpfh......
  • Options
    WombleWomble ✭✭✭
    WA - I didn't see you at Cranleigh!!!! Perhaps you finished the 21 before I got through the 15......
  • Options
    M..o.useM..o.use ✭✭✭
    Evening

Moderately annoyed at sh*t baggage area at Bath half marathon which I think I would have still been in had I not taken evasive measures to get my bag back.

Moderately very much not annoyed at taking a further 2.5-3ish mins off my half mara PB. Didn't quite get what I wanted but given the extended mega taper mojo loss I'm pleased I got round at all.

GMI - yup, I love my earplugs! Though it wasn't the people I thought it was because it was all quiet at about 3ish when I got up for a pee. Which is far to early for quiet at a student bash.
  • Options
    Evening!
    Thanks GMI, a good day. Number 1 was pleased with his presents & loads of money from relatives. The Birthday Cake I made yesterday was a bit rich!
    Boys back with the Wicked Witch now, but will be back next weekend for Easter holidays. I'm hoping No. 1's wrist will have recovered sufficiently for him to do the rock climbing.
    Crikey looks like everyone has been very energetic! Well done Mouse & Womble. Long time since I've run as far that's for sure (or as quickly probably!!)
    :))
  • Options
    Morning all...

Hope you all had a good weekend. I am a bit miffed that I have to go to work this morning (should have been annual leave but they called another *important* meeting). Mojo returned yesterday - ran 18 miles. Wasn't quite the 20 which was scheduled, but given the lack of mojomagic recently, I'm pleased with that.

PS -- Glad your boys had a nice weekend. Love it when everything comes together.

Mouse -- not had chance to speak to you yet but well done on the PB lady. Hope yesterday was fun. Even though you didn't quite get what you wanted, you did really well considering the problems with the injuries recently.
  • Options
    Womble - how did the Cranleigh 15 go; you ready for FLM then ?

Mouse - Well done on the PB, many congrats!

PS - Just remember how miffed the Wicked Witch (east or west ;-) ) will be when your lads bound in to the house going on and on about what a great weekend they have had. Should be more than enough to keep you smiling until the net time you see them..... BTW, you made a cake ? We'll be calling you DeliaPS soon ;-)

Cath - well done on the LSR.

Looks like the mojo has returned for most; has SVT found his?

In w**k already, want to be at home :-(
  • Options
    M..o.useM..o.use ✭✭✭
    I'm sooooooooooo tired.
  • Options
    Wakey wakey Mousey!!! <slops large steaming mug on table>
    (Thats large steaming mug as in 'hot drink' btw!!)

GMI Yes, baked a cake. I used to do most of the cooking as WW would burn a boiled egg! & I love cooking too! I have to be careful what I put in it as the Birthday boy doesn't eat fruit or like jam, so we usually end up with butter icing which is too rich! Hey-ho.

Must be off as helping my brother to move house today!

Be good everyone and play nicely!
  • Options
    Ahoj from Praha

Last day here....

Been lovely here.

Found some lovely czech microbreweries to while away the hours drinking banana and coffee beers with my Sherlock Holmes book..have also seen some excelent live jazz for which Prague is famous for....and have walked till I dropped.

Half marathon was a great success. 1.36.47 by my watch. Not bad considering the cobbles. A great event, with isotonic drinks on route, plus sweet tea and even beer!!!!

I had a small glass of pivo at Mile 12 haha.

Wish you were here.
    Dude.
  • Options
    Morning all

dude - stonking race! Glad Prague was everything it was cracked up to be.

Moooojoooooooo?
  • Options
    Mornink SVT

Have you found that mojomagic yet...?

You could do what I did. JFDI.

¦oD