Options

MODERATLEY ANNOYED, but not too annoyed thread

Comments

• Options
    Cath - but you told me not to!

Off to the big smoke later for a meeting, then drinks afterwards.
  • Options

Hi there people,

Well Womble, no I didn't spot you this year but I am sure I spotted you the year b4.

My race report is here. I seem to have come through it, plus the drive home totally unscathed :-) Also managed lunch with ST & Mr ST which was nice and really refreshing.

Dude, 1:36 is bloody brilliant. My PB is 1:34 and that has taken years to achieve so there are great things to come in your running I reckon.
  • Options
    SVT -- do you do everything I tell you to...? Since when has a bloke paid any attention to what a woman says...? (seriously, you should be looking at Physio now if it's not clearing up).

Alex & Dude -- well done you guys. (I'm not congratulating that Womble one because she did hers with no bliddy training!)

;o)
  • Options

Anyone who gets to a finish line (without hiding in the bushes) has done well.
  • Options
    M..o.useM..o.use ✭✭✭
    ohh Alex I had a wicked cheat for you at Bath HM yesterday. It goes past the main park and ride for Bath and is a double loop. You plan well by leaving your vehicle at the park and ride, go and sit in the car for a bit and rejoin the race at an appropriate time for your 'second' loop. So you only run half the race.
  • Options

That sounds brill Mouse. In cranleigh there were so many ingenious cheats I could have done, and a 'sit in the car' option was available there too ;-)
  • Options
    AFternoon.

I have plodded.

Badly and not for very far. This does not augur well for FLM.
  • Options
    Dude, excellent run (banana beer sounds lush). You too WA.

SVT, kill or cure it. Hard run will sort you out :-) or put you in the local Emergency room ! Do you really listen to the ladies????

Well done Cath.

Cheating in races, controversial. But who are you cheating really; only you know your real PB's ;-) (blimey a serious post from me....)
  • Options
    ...and well done to Dude, Cath, Mouse and WA for some excellent running.

Was lovely to see WA yesterday and introduce him to Oxted cafe society :-D
  • Options
    WombleWomble ✭✭✭
    Thanks, ST.....

<sniffs at being left out>
  • Options
    Sorry. Brain not working properly today, obviously.

• Options
    Bit miffed... how many bliddy threads does the bliddy Liverpool Half need...?!! {sigh} I do wish people would look in the events section before starting a new thread.
  • Options
    Thanx all....good running by everyone :)

(All running is good running).

Think I'm gonna hand in my notice at work today.
  • Options
    dude - is it that bad? Or is there a new opportunity you're pursuing?

Have a chocomilk either way.
  • Options
    Cath - maybe the Liverpool half needs a lot of threads as they get nicked regularly ;-)

Dude - you had enough?; wish I had the choice !

Feel tired and lethargic today, want to be back in bed :-(
  • Options
    Cath - how many of those threads are up on bricks at the moment?

Had an amusing moment this morning. Very foggy, and SVTing 2 started jumping around on the grass, reaching up and trying to grab the fog. Very funny sight. I tried explaining that you couldn't catch fog, to which SVTing 1 said, "You'd need a long, long, long, long ladder".
  • Options
    M..o.useM..o.use ✭✭✭
    Morning moderates.

I'm moderately in a bad mood this morning so have just stuffed two chocolate croissants in an effort to perk myself up a bit. New skinny jeans suddenly feeling somewhat skinnier.

SVT - I know you've told me before but I forget - how old are the tirings?

Going to try a little recovery run tonight if I get time after work.
  • Options
    Mouse - 4 and 2.

Cycling home tonihgt - need the exercise. I need a challenge as well. If I'm not running Lochaber, then there's a little hill around that area that I really should walk up.
  • Options
    SVT - lol kids, amazing creatures....

GMI1: Dad, why do you have all these medals

Dad: Cos I race and get them

GMI2: 'Looks puzzled'

Dad: What's up?

GMI2: You must ne the bestest runner in the world to win all those races; I'm going to tell all my friends......then runs off...

I didn't have the heart to tell them that you get them just for entering. Never have I felt like a fraud so much in my life.... :-(

Mouse - 2 choccy croissants, lush ! Must make brekky myself....
  • Options
    ~Accepts Chocomilk...

Political/personal reasons :)

Work has, until recently, been a place of relative refuge. Not now.

No problemos fancy a change anyway. Perhaps even a change of scenery.

However, I don't really know where I want to live. Or rather, have too many places I would like to :)

Barcelona. Or perhaps Slough.

Cath - sorry to hear you are feeling bleh.
  • Options
    M..o.useM..o.use ✭✭✭
    GMI - things that Daddy Mouse did and said that I totally bought into.

First - remember the days where you could dial a number on your home phone and it would make it ring? Like a line test thing. When I was about 3/4 years old, Daddy Mouse makes phone ring in another room, yells that it's for me. Daddy Mouse pretends he is Rod Stewart (who Mummy Mouse loves and consequently I knew a lot of the music to). Daddy Mouse/Rod Stewart then has a sing-a-long down the phone with me. We sang 'Sailing'. I was probably about 15 before it dawned on me that Rod Stewart hadn't phoned me up for a chat.

Second - I have a bad cold/flu thing as a child, proper green snot, the works. Daddy Mouse tells me that if you spit it all down the toilet it is very good for the sewer/drains because it helps make everything move faster. I think I was nearer 30 before it dawned on me that this is total rubbish. I still go and spit straight down the loo when I have a bad chest.
  • Options
    Mouse - LOL!

dude - just remember, Milton Keynes is cycling heaven.
  • Options
    Morning, fellow moderates.

Love the SVTirings story!!

I told my offspring that colour was only invented recently, which is why old films and photos are in black and white, and their dad and I grew up in a black and white world.

They believed me for years and told all their friends.

Aren't parents cruel sometimes?

Dude, hope you get what you want.
  • Options
    Dude - SVT is right.

MK itself is flat and has amazing cycle routes but my training ground is the A5 between MK and Dunstable, which most certainly is not flat :-)

LOL @ Mouse and ST - I always used to think that the TV programmes would stay where they were when I turned off the TV. Now Sky digital makes that a reality :-)
  • Options
    GMI - that's about as hilly as it gets round these parts. Respect.
  • Options
    Morning, GMI.

I used to wonder what happened to straight lines once you finished drawing them. Did they continue into infinity? Are we walking around in a world of criss-crossing straight lines that we can't see?
  • Options
    SVT - ta. Tis only for bike rides though; I have undulating courses for running.

Am all nostaglic now, I want to be 8 years old again [stamps feet].... things were so much simpler.....
  • Options
    M..o.useM..o.use ✭✭✭
    I still stamp my feet in temper and I'm thirty*mumblemumble*
  • Options
    I'm 32, and proud of it.

(stamps feet)
  • Options
    I'm 36. 37 in 32 days time...

:o)