Options

Sub 3

Comments

• Options
    TRTR ✭✭✭
    You've got some great days ahead CM - I'm sure that you'll enjoy them.
    You will indeed have a life change but it will be a good one.

I'll be real sad when my kids are grown up.

You've a bike that you can (and do) use as well as the trainers.

Nice to see that you're getting back to doing a bit too.

Even NS2 has reported doing a bit. Folks are getting off the bench in the nick of time, ready to put in a winters training.
  • Options
    R_B - antenatal classes?  Think I must have dropped them along with Latin in year 7.
  • Options

Talking of winter's training, it's a bit nippy out there today, after yesterday's lovely sunshine (in London anyway).

Joolska I've been meaning to ask - what's this "rehearsal" of which you speak? Is it part of your running training - like visualisation? Or a lawyery thing - preparing for court "May I remind your Lord, that my client has done nothing wrong"? Or the violin? C'mon - fess up.

• Options
    NjordNjord ✭✭✭

Doesn't the Comrades Marathon run through Natal?   

Sing along with me.... 

"I've travelled this old world of ours from Barnsley to Peru....."

.....actually, don't.  We should teach love not hatred for our fellow man.

• Options
    Winter? Can we hang on to Autumn please? Even parts of South East London look lovely at this time of year. RBr is probably familiar with the route I took on Saturday for my w/e long run (yesterday was written off due to a pre-planned messy Saturday night) but it was mostly new to me. Started off in familiar territory in Oxleas Wood but then without much of a clue where I was going I also managed to take in East Wickhan Open Space, Bostall Woods - call me soppy but the carpet of bright red leaves was absolutely beautiful, and very pleasing underfoot! - Winns Common, Plumstead Common and Woolwich Common. All in all an extremely pleasurable 16 miles (@ 7:37 and HR 142/72% max for all you HADDers) and, for me, a good proportion of it off-road.

I really should go out exploring more often.
  • Options

JEJ If you carry on "chaperoning" all those young women athletes, you might need classes sooner than you think!

PP Know that route well - but did you really miss out Woodlands farm? You might have seen me running through Bostall Woods in the other direction if you'd done it yesterday.

• Options
    I've just looked that up on the map. Looks like I missed a bit of scenery there - I came out of Oxleas Wood and shot straight down the main road, then left into Wickham Lane. Ah well, next time!
  • Options
    Running_Bear: rehearsals are always violin stuff. A fairly good way of spending 6/7 hours on a Sunday or a few hours of a weekday evening. Lots of Debussy with some Mussorgsky and Ravel thrown in. Concert next weekend so I'll be kept out of trouble over the next couple of weeks.
  • Options
    Ah, very nice!
  • Options

Did anyone notice that Paula Radcliffe wasn't wearing her trademark compression socks/stockings yesterday?

Awesome performance and shows that, at least over the marathon distance, she can run the sprint finish out of her opponents. Regardless of the baby/stress fracture (let alone being the WR holder), is there any other marathon runner, male or female, who can match her win/loss record in the event ?

• Options
    TRTR ✭✭✭
    She had the flesh coloured ones on - I think.
  • Options
    MtRMtR ✭✭✭

Probably her sponsorship deal with the manufacturers had expired!

Totally agree about autumn. I got up early yesterday and instead of going for my long run at 7.30am, I got the girls up and dressed and drove to Epping Forest for breakfast. They took their bikes and we had a great couple of hours up at High Beach cycling around, running around, climbing trees before eating bread pudding and drinking hot chocolate from the hut up there. Fabulous morning, and we were home again by 11am in time for me to do my long run.

Looks like Yellapunts had a bit of a 'mare judging by his 5k splits. Hope he's well enough to pop in and tell us about it soon..

• Options
    GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    CM

Your life has it has been is over

I refuse to say if thats a good or a bad thing as I don't know you that well

Gobi
  • Options
    TRTR ✭✭✭
    Bring back the hot weather I say, I like running in the summer getting a good old power sweat up when the sun is shining.

Only about 5 or 6 months of cold, wet and windy running/pedalling until it gets warm again.

Subbington will be sold out v.soon so I will have to take the plunge and enter. Also looking at the Ryde 10 (about as close as I’ll ever get to racing abroad – although not if the kids want to come too) and Bramley 20 (again) and I may do the Fleet ½ too.

Stubbington is 2 months away – I must be able to toe the line at that one!
  • Options
    nichs2nichs2 ✭✭✭

Oi TR,

"even nichs"..............I was doing some half decent milage up to this year FLM!!

• Options

I was having this 'cold, dark winter' discussion earlier.  The weather's ok now (was amazing at the weekend), in about 6 weeks many of us will be taking time off work for Christmas / New Year so we can train in the daylight.  Once back to work, it's 2008 and only 2 months (one of which is Feb - so short it hardly counts) to go until it's March again - and that's Spring...  We'll be talking about 20 mile race tactics before we know it.  Dark evening solo runs do depress me though - I like my off-roady trails but alas, the parks are closed by the time I get home from work.

• Options

Gobi, and because I don't know you that well, I won't send a (virtual) punch your way ;o)

Seriously though, its not as if I went down the pub got hammered and got some 17 year old I didn't know up the duff, just when I was about to sell up my Honda CBR, penthouse apartment and take 12 months off work to explore africa..

In fact its been the other end of the scale !

N2, what about the other half ?

• Options
    MtRMtR ✭✭✭

I think last winter I only ran about 4 times after dark - the benefits of lunchtime training and only running once a day!

What about Gosport Half TR (or have you binned that one as well?)

• Options
    TRTR ✭✭✭
    F*ck me – I’m rattling a few cages today.

It was meant to mean that even NS2 has been doing a bit and he’s the most injured of the injured – so it means that you are getting off the bench too, and I’m most happy for you. Not meaning that you don’t do many miles usually.

The fact that you, Geewok, CM and myself are climbing off the Bench in November is a positive and is very timely cos we have some winter miles to run.

Right then – I’ve taken off my shirt – who’s next for a punch up ?

MTR
    I never entered. It's still open (I think) - not sure I can bring myself to tempt fate again.
  • Options
    Never mind a punch up - can I feel yer boobs?
  • Options
    TR - MrsC and I are running Subbington
  • Options

Knee sore today btw - medial ligament?

Thinkj the calf must have tensed up yesterday to protect it. No swelling or heat thouhg, so am hoping it'll be right in a day or so.

• Options
    GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    DOT, I have a firm pair of Moobs but I am sure you would not enjoy the experience

CM OW!!!!!(virtually of course)
  • Options

Gobi:

Beggars and choosers.

Think I'll pass up the opportunity all the same though!!

• Options

Wouldn't want to hurt you TR !

[sniggers . . . .]

• Options
    GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    DoT

:¬( gutted for sure
  • Options
    TRTR ✭✭✭
    DoT
    They’re not very soft. But go ahead. Jools or JB may give you a better offer. You could always do SueC’s ironing !

Medial ligament ? I do hope not – read up on the net, I correctly diagnosed mine. If your lower leg went sideways then probably. If you’ve damaged that then your marafun is in trouble. But mine was complicated by smashing the concrete with the knee too.

CoroThat race will be a good one for a man of your calibre – it’s Chichester standard for times and the runners it attracts. I hope the weather is kind for.

Mt
    Being brave down the ethernet eh !

• Options

LOL

You're the one taking your shirt off TR!

BTW - anyone know Yellapunt's name for the purposes of me doing a NY mara results search (and not breaking Fred etiquette)?

• Options

First name: Yella     Second Name: Punts    ???