Options

Sub 3

Comments

• Options
    HillyHilly ✭✭✭
    Who is Paul Radcliffe?  A slighly less talented sibling of our top marathon runner?image
  • Options
    LOL - yeh, you know him?
  • Options
    TRTR ✭✭✭
    CORONIUM !

Pumps,T-Shirt (and a little bit of sweat) me.
  • Options

TR I see nowt wrong with Jelly Arses challenge to do 3:15 in April, then a few months later sub 2:50. I myself intend aiming for 2:45 at my first marathon in April, then a few days later 2:05. I shall run this under the name Alex Hero.

Have actually approached various Hollywood directors, to screen my journey / progression. Despite what would be an obvious sensational blockbuster, most have declined to even respond to me, clearly their loss. Apart from Tarantino who reckons my lactate threshold relative to v02 max is a little weak, so I think that means he’s willing to screen my amazing  modest glory trail.

Watch this space.

Warm retards,

Alex Hero
  • Options

TR I see nowt wrong with Jelly Arses challenge to do 3:15 in April, then a few months later sub 2:50. I myself intend aiming for 2:45 at my first marathon in April, then a few days later 2:05. I shall run this under the name Alex Hero.

Have actually approached various Hollywood directors, to screen my journey / progression. Despite what would be an obvious sensational blockbuster, most have declined to even respond to me, clearly their loss. Apart from Tarantino who reckons my lactate threshold relative to v02 max is a little weak, so I think that means he’s willing to screen my amazing  modest glory trail.

Watch this space.

Warm retards,

Alex Hero
  • Options

I'll Just post that again, as my self promotion campaign gathers its deserved momentum:

Watch this space.

Warm retards,

Alex Hero

• Options
    Kick up the arse accepted TR. Am now fully back on the wagon. Plan for the day:

Off for a steady 8 very soon
    Game of netball this afternoon
    Steady 8 this evening

Midlands routes most appreciated Dad of Two - let me know next time you frequent the midlands. Am going to go exploring tomorrow and see where I end up (will take my phone this time though -ended up lost last time and running for 4 hours!!!) - week before the Coventry Half Last year and couldnt work out why I only ran 92 minutes and was sick twice on the way round.....the 4 hour run may have had something to do with it - stoopid girl!

Anyways hope everyone has a good run today and enjoy the beautiful winter weather. Will check back later and see how everyone is. THis thread is on fire though - you leave for a few hours and there are millions of posts!

Thanks again everyone for all their advise and arse kicking, most appreciated image
  • Options

Isn't the rule of thumb for mara time from 10k something along the lines of 10k time multiply by 5 then minus 10 minutes.  This puts Coros ratio at around 4.66-4.75 for a 30-40 min 10k.

I kinda agree that to do a 3.15 then a 2.50 you might as well do the 3.15 as a training run.  Personally, I would just go for it to see where I'm at then re-assess my times from that.

Completed my first double yesterday! Wasn't too bad so might make a bit of a habit out of it.  Trouble is running every day piles the washing up quickly, looks like I need some more running gears now, Santa...

• Options
    GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    Too much maths for me

I just plan to run faster next year

G
  • Options
    TRTR ✭✭✭
    Nice one Gobi, that’s more my style.
    Pumps on, out the door, one foot in front of the other for a while.

Glad to see that the next South Coast weather beating is coming through this Sunday and not next one ! Although a womble in it and then a nippers footie match won’t be too much fun.

I need to wrap myself in cotton wool for the next 8 days. I suppose I havn’t been abducted yet by aliens – so that could be my next excuse.

JA
    I didn’t say anything about being on the wagon – I like a snifter or two of the “sauce” myself. Might have a couple later as I monitor the fillies (through the spy holes in my newspaper) whilst Mrs TR watches strictly come dancing.

DFC
    You can get Frankie Dettori to be your body double in the planned epic.

• Options

TR - Guess which country I got an email from yesterday. Apparently ready for business. Should all go to plan, the information day will be held in London on 13th April!!

I'll meet you at 11.59.59 wearing a suit image

Hopefully I won't be running FLM next year...

• Options
    Like the thinking Gobi - nice and simple way forward.

Undulating 10.2 miles done this morning, still on a recovery programme from Berlin and Beachy Head. Training for FLM proper starts in a week or 2. I think Chicago will be my main sub 3 attempt, with perhaps an outside chance at FLM if all goes well.

Still need to work on my speedwork though, ran what I thought was a good pace this morning and it only worked out at at av 6:51, which only just nicks inside a sub 3. More effort required I feel.
  • Options
    GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    I am simple :¬)
  • Options
    TRTR ✭✭✭
    Well that answers more than one question Ode.

So, I’m pleased for you if you’re pleased for yourself (on more than one thing), although that counts you out as being my body double.
    I’ll have to look for another one now.

I hope you got that last big week that you were looking for, and that your mind is getting back towards Luton.

I’m just about to go for my 2nd run of the day – but don’t tell anyone, I said I’d never do doubles. Although if I don’t then I’m stuck at work for the whole day.

• Options

Today's session was 11 miles inc. 2 x 3.5 miles at 165-170 HR (83-85%)

2 miles w/u then...

6.05 (159)
    6.11 (168)
    6.10 (167)
    6.08 (164) including 2 min jog / drink break
    6.13 (168)
    6.15 (168)
    6.16 (169)

2 miles cd

Excellent - marathon pb pace for 10bpm less. Just the little job of sustaining 175-180 over 6m/m pace or better for 26.2 miles now...

• Options

Hail Hail

Todays session involves a kilt, a saltire shaven head, a 1986 top, and a belly full of beer.

C'mon the Scots!

• Options
    Good luck to Scotland…it is going to be tough, but recent form suggest you are in with a chanceI hear Sven is writing a new book:  “England 2001-2006 the glory years” image
  • Options
    Good luck to Scotland…it is going to be tough, but recent form suggest you are in with a chance

I hear Sven is writing a new book:  “England 2001-2006 the glory years” image
  • Options
    TR I do remember you strictly saying you will NEVER run doubles!! He he hope its a good one. First run of the day done, easy 8. Showered, fed and off to netball in a while then easy 8 again this evening followed by dinner at my parents - no cooking or washing up to do - hurrah!!

Running Bhoy hope it doesnt freeze again this evening or you may be in for an interesting time in your kilt! Men in kilts rock by the way!

GOOD LUCK SCOTLAND and have a great saturday everyone.
  • Options
    mmmm yeah they have a chance (NO CHANCE )
  • Options

TR I could go for Dettori, if I wanted someone unconvincingly massive. Chesney off Corrie was the favourite for that role, but what with him starting puberty ‘n that, come filming next year he too will be on the hefty side.

Just managed to get ET’s mobile number off Spielburg, and he’s well up for it. Apparently he’s been struggling for work for a number of years, been a bit type cast. I think he’ll be ideal, if we can make him a bit pastier.

Aye good luck to Scotland.
  • Options

DFC you crack me up!

Coro thanks for doing the 10k/Mara thing I thought it was interesting even though the numbers are obviously going to be skewed like hell for some.  FWIW I come in at 4.61, somewhere between Paula Radcliffe and Haile so no probs there image

Still very hungover from last night,but WTF here we go again...  C'mon SCOTLAND.

• Options

Just been for a bit of a jog on the ol' treadmill, banged out the first mile at 6.50, second at 6.30, and then the next 6 at 6.20.  Don't like treadmills at all but was being husbandly and accompanied Mrs M to the gym.  I find treadmills are harder to run on, or at least I feel like I'm working harder than just on the road.  Maybe it has something to do with the constant pace, whereas on the road, pace would vary mile to mile. 

Scotland down 1-0 after 71 seconds... don't look good.

Right, off to scoff some pasta then hit the town and no doubt get very tipsy off 1 beer! Oh the joys of being fit, cheap night I guess!

Good luck for the races tomorrow, hope the weather is kind.

• Options

uh oh..... following hot on the heels of the Cartman Constant comes the Coronium constant.....

FWIW - I think mine is the highest of the thread regulars at 5.15 (Mara: 2.57.58, 10k: 34.34) = 5.15. Would hope it'll get more normal when I finally get a recent marafun under my belt, but worryingly in 2005 I did a 35.25 10k followed shortly by a 3.08 marafun which comes out at 5.33! 

DFC - lol

derv - I'm also a beckenham lad.... you ever go back?  

Been ticking over pretty well. Should come in at about 72m for the week with one mile reps session and one tempo run.

• Options
    PS - gutted for Scotland, they really didn't deserve that... and even worse (for them) is that England look like they might not get what they deserve either.....
  • Options
    TRTR ✭✭✭
    It's not over until all the fixtures are played !

Israel have already won a few home gammes, and Russia are (usually)pants away !
    It's like the Champions league - most games are won by the home team.

If England don't qualify it's cos they were arse at the start of the campaign - not cos they lost to Russia away.

Mind you if Arry's nephew gets back in at Barry's expense - then RB is correct the FA big-wigs do pick the team.

5 running days (6 runs) for 43 miles - 2 swims, some pedals and some PJ's.

Race day next Sunday ?
  • Options

OK I'll play the game too.

10k 37:50 (2007)
    M 3-06-03 (2005)
    M 3:12:55 (2007)

ratio 4.92 on pbs, but 5.1 on 2007 results

• Options
    GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    21st at XC today, could not get excited about a dull 2 lapper of a FLAT course. Was thinking about the Scotland game.

Nike Supersonic ran 3.10 for a km, course was very twisty so happy enough with my run. Got an IPOD and a new pair of shoes for the effort.
  • Options
    GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    Back to it this morning and was out at Gobi o clock for 14miles.
  • Options
    NjordNjord ✭✭✭

Good stuff Gobi.

A rest day for me today.  That's the intention anyway.  90 miles running and 60 miles on the bike this week.  Admittedly the intensity is low, pace too slow to consider mentioning here and I'm still fat as a house, but overall I'm delighted to hit decent training volumes with the Achilles continuing to improve.  Hopefully, the wind and the rain will put me off overreaching.....

You got to know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em,
    Know when to walk away and know when to run. 

OO - run well, enjoy a well-earned pasty and find time to reflect on a damn impressive season.

Good training/racing everyone.