Options

Wed 19th July 2006

1235»

Comments

• Options
    GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    evening

a well paced 35K on the treadmill to avoid the heat(lol) also means I can stop if tired from the night shift
    Obviously I did not stop.

went home and "slept" this afternoon

this evening I ran in my first club race

the mad mile

I WON although I should say that most of the clubs stronger runners were not there
  • Options
    K9
    i am still going through hell

I run every day because it is the only structure left in my life
    and i made a promise

they wont win
    I will be back
  • Options
    HillyHilly ✭✭✭
    SVT, yes you're right that my post was not directed at WP. I was actually talking to scoobs about her concerns on how people would judge his individuality.

Scar, nice to see you posting again. Age is not a barrier when it comes to doing or having things you enjoy.

Race Report

DROPPED OUT!
  • Options
    oh Hilly tell us more!
  • Options
    GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    come on hilly

what happened ?
  • Options
    Never mind Hilly - you have had so many good ones - better to drop out than hurt yourself.

Gobi - what was your mile time?
  • Options
    Dartford - oh! I thought you said Dartmouth for a min and was about to jump in and ask when you were going to be there as not too far away from me. Oh well. I ''think'' Dartford is in Kent. Not near!

I am so excited as ''oh peirced number one son'' is coming home this weekend! He has completed his first year of his advanced apprentiship and will complete the next two years here in Plymouth. Yey! Although he's not moving back in! He has got himself sorted and will move into a shared house, he's so independent! But he will be nearby and will pop in so I'll get to see him a bit more. :0)))

Training tonight?

Opted for the tready, well I just kind of ended up on it really! I was heading fr the bike but the treadies are situated before the bikes and I seemed to find myself on one.

So 4 miles on the tready. I aimed to be sensible and follow all the advice of experienced runners and not do a hard run due to hard last night. Started off good, but well I kind of upped the pace a bit for the middle part. It gets so boring otherwise you see even on the hill program. And in my defence, its also my Mp3 players fault for having excellent '''oh ho ho'', ''oh yeah'' music on it! But my achilles really likes the tready and allows me to have fun and run, so I can't help it! I'm sure you all understand. I did not run hard but I did not run easy either so it was in between!

And then of course I had to climb and do drips on bike as I was supposed to bike in first place and I can't cheat now can I? But I did just do half an hour on hills on bike and then I slithered off and was a good scoobs as did lots of flake out stretching on mat and left lovely imprint of my body on it! Did wipe it up after though - honest! Then wished for cart me off stretcher but wish did not come true!

Off to read back, might be some time!

• Options
    I have a minature poodle - you calling me gay?

I'm in a strop now

:-)
  • Options
    Hilly!!!! What happened???
  • Options
    BR (not cross wotsit) please change back! We had miniture poodle when i was a child and I adored him! He did not adore me so much as i dressed him up, and made him do jumping over my badly assembled jumps in the garden. I was into horses at the time! I said walkies and he ran away and hid under the table! My brother has a min poodle now and he is a right spoilt thing!! Give me my black lab anyday!
  • Options
    you got a little yapper then BR. It will yap all night. Suppose in this heat it wont matter as i doubt many of us can sleep in this heat
  • Options
    GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    NZC

a very relaxed 5:52

I just sat off the leader for 2 laps stepped past him made a gap and just kept it there.
  • Options
    Went out for run tonight and did 7 miles but boy it was hot. I did run under trees etc to be protected from the sun

Try a gentle run tomorrow
  • Options
    HillyHilly ✭✭✭
    Without making excuses I DNF tonight's 5K due to my asthma. I forget to take my inhaler this morning and hay fever tablet, which kinda helps me in this sort of weather. Felt quite tight chested on warming up, but thought I'd be ok. Within half a mile I knew not. Did one lap of three and chest was getting tighter causing me to wheeze. Decided to call it a day and not put my body under anymore stress than I had to. Feel a bit of a failure, but WTF it's only a race not life or death!

Really I know I'm not a failure, but I really hate it when something happens that one can't control or fight!
  • Options
    popsiderpopsider ✭✭✭
    I didn't really take offence Snaps - you probably knew that but just in case - I am thinking of getting a miniature poodle though, might wait til one of the others dies (that sounds terrible doesn't it).

Did my 3 hours 40 on the bike in the Peak District - went up the A6 to Cromford, over the Via Gellia through Pikehall to the A515 and then behind Youlgreave on some lanes to Bakewell on the Monyash road and back down the A6. Had some trouble breathing for the last 5-6 miles or so which stayed with me for an hour or two after - must be the heat as I feel OK now.
  • Options
    SCS - yes yaps all night and won't leave me alone...

Anyway you were asking about a poodle?

:-)
  • Options
    GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    hilly

we have all had a bad one, sometimes it takes more guts to pull out than to carry on.

Gobi
  • Options
    Hilly - we are only as strong as our weakest point - and you know what that is. It is very hard not to start a race when you have been planning to do it but I have also been affected by allergies and you just can't race under those conditions. Chin up - as you say it was only a race:-)

Gobi - good to get under 6 mins especially with all the other stuff you put your body through:-)
  • Options
    GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    NZC

considering I had done my long run that morning yes it was ok but I could have gone an awful lot faster if there had been someone to race. Nice to know I am getting back to fully over comrades.
  • Options
    Debbo – thanks for the numbers. I have a fairly quiet weekend so will be able to tune in and keep track!

MelP – having met you I just know you will be ok this weekend. You are one positive lady and I really enjoyed your company on our run together. Best of luck.

Melli – you always support everyone on this thread. I’m looking forward to supporting you in mind and spirit this weekend.

Honestly best of luck to you all. I am in complete awe to all the training you have done.

B$gg$r, there is a mozzy thing flying around and it has bitten me on my arm – yet another bite! Why do they like me so much? Back in a min after I have squatted the little bleep bleep bleep! <scoobs grabs lore of running book to ensure certain death of thing and stalks>>

SVT – well?? How was it??

Mava – yey! Well done on your 7.5 miler. Things are looking up!

Nrg-b – the thing is once the idea has entered your head there is nothing that can be done and you’re even dreaming of ultra’s! You’re doomed! As you will have to do an ultra now to find out what one is like! Seriously though best of luck and when the time is right an all! :0)

Hilly and WP. I know that people need to judge not on appearances but I also know that in the real world many people do just that! And of course we are all so protective of our children. I hope I have not offended anyone. I would not want to do that at all. Like you Hilly I am very much live and let live. I also really like teenagers as I think they are very interesting and I love the way they feel so strongly about issue’s. I respect their compassion! I have had some fantastic conversations with my kids and their friends about society and attitudes towards teenagers! Give them a bit of space and respect and the conversation is flowing like a torrent!

Minks – your hubby sounds absolutely lovely! :0) Wonder if baby minks will take after him???

M – yey! You did it! Well done!

Julz – keep posting! Hang on in there!

Some very funny stories tonight re: tattoo’s!

PizzaMan – you’re famous!! :0)))

Clink!!! Well CC is a very lucky canine!! My Roly when gets hot comes in, looks at me, sighs, staggers to hall, flops, turns onto his back and sticks his legs up the wall and his ears flap to the sides. It looks hilarious but obviously does the trick for him! No running outings for him at the mo – too hot! He has to stay at home and have short walks only for the min!

FL – but have you picked the scab?? Now this is the question!

Hilly – you made a sensible re your race, and wise choice. Something that I need to learn!

Pops – min poodles have ooozles of character! They are intelligent though! Now do you like intelligent doggies? This may sound silly to non dog owners, but it is an important question as this means that said dog may not do what you want it to do and may rebel when not indulged! Brothers min poodle piddles up wall in protest if does not get own way! And he tries to hump my Roly as wants to be oh dominant one!! And, on a good note, is total cuddle bums as long as allowed to bury bone under pillow of bed! And loves soft cuddly but will not allow anyone to have said cuddly!
  • Options
    Tom.Tom. ✭✭✭
    Hello, its the forum's grumpy old man back again.

If there's one thing I hate more than Children (Tommy, I haven't forgotten your subversive post on this thread!), tattoos, and pony tails.....its dogs. Trouble is they love me. Every time I come across one, I assume a foetal position and they crawl all over me, licking me death.

I used to love goldfish and quite like cats, until one day I came home to an empty goldfish bowl and a smug looking ginger tom.
  • Options
    miniature poodles are too clever for me. When I was eight I had a friend with a miniature poodle. We started a club with badges and all, rules, rewards, meetings, agendas. Three members - him and me - and the poodle. I think the poodle kept the minutes.

Gobi - well done. Now you've really frightened your new clubmates ...

Hilly: how many races have you DNF'ed?

Tom: dog psychology. They read your lack of interest as meaning you are just too way above their heads as leader of the pack; they'll do anything to show their obeissance.
    It's also why the best way of dealing with an aggressive dog on a run is to totally ignore it. However, some things are easier said than done ...