Options

Finger printing children!!!

Comments

• Options
    Finger print this hardened bunch of criminals - bayonet them first of course!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/west_midlands/5233262.stm
  • Options
    "IBM had much of it's early growth due to the Nazi's"

you sure about that? IBM facilities were placed at the disposal of the US gov't when WWII started so I doubt if IBM aided the Nazis although they probably supplied them with machines in the 30's.......as that's when they developed the punched card systems..........

this loss if liberty argument is fatuous imho - we have no absolute freedom as has been said we are tracked in our everyday lives through various means..........

let's all have our DNA analysed from birth - much better than fingerprints
  • Options
    How do we know that when the PKU/heel-prick test is done on new born babies that the blood is not passed on for DNA storage?
  • Options
    'we have no absolute freedom as has been said we are tracked in our everyday lives through various means..........'

But the last bastion of individual freedom is ownership of our own bodies and information derived from its existence...

The state must be resisted in this matter,

I am governed by tacit consent ie I don't resist government as long as it is not against my interest to be governed and government does not threaten my life... when government uses power that it is against my interest or threatens the basic freedom of ownership of my own body... it my duty to resist... and I will.

I have no argument against the state using the powers I invest in it to track criminals or terrorists... However, once the basic freedom of ownership of our bodies is ceded it is impossible to retrieve. For who is to say who will be governing me in 20 years time?

Would you like this information to be in the hands of the NF, BNP or SWP?

Would you like this information to be in the hands of private companies?
  • Options
    We do not have complete freedom, and I suspect that we would not want it - Anarchy was fashionable for Punk Rockers, but it only took a small amount of brain to realise that the world would not be liveable in if we had it.

As for the arguement that we are tracked daily, I agree that it is possible in theory, but the fact that we can lose so many asylum seekers shows that it is not a practical proposition.

Neither is a good reason for us to willingly give up what freedoms we have left.

• Options
    i don't think the EU is proposing this so they can round up jews. neither do i think that tony blair is in charge of the EU.... at least he wasn't the last time i looked.

i think it's a good idea. but then again i'm not a criminal, nor do i like criminals very much.
  • Options
    I can think of at least 5 EU countries where Jews have been rounded up in the last 60 years... and Gypsys, and Slavs, and homosexuals, and political undesirables... and trade union leaders and anybody who disagreed with them...

History is cyclical... and I don't like criminals either, from the bottom or the top
  • Options
    Nice connection there Candy - anyone who disagrees with you must be a criminal.
  • Options
    An apathetic attitude towards the creeping control of the ruling government will see an Orwellian future.
  • Options
    maybe gumps, maybe............

but I don't see it myself even if we have ID cards, DNA profiles, fingerprints on file..............

knowing about someone, doesn't mean you have control over them
  • Options
    Until you have regime that is prepared to "correct" the "few" for benefit of the "many".

Which would you like to be defined as?

The nazis would have rounded me for at least two reasons. I don't want to go anywhere near giving another government that power.
  • Options
    Blimey Gumps - we all have to wear overlarge nappies and green fur ?

Oh - sorry - I thought you said Orvillian...
  • Options
    You see! it only takes a small misunderstanding to create a nightmare future!
  • Options
    "knowing about someone, doesn't mean you have control over them"

FB... haven't you ever heard of the phrase 'knowledge is power'
  • Options
    JJF - to an extent I agree but I don't see western society ever allowing anything remotely similar to the Nazi party to gain power again..............OK, they keep trying with the likes of the NF in the UK, le Pen in France, the neo-Nazis in Austria but in reality they are all talk and no teeth..........

we still make mistakes in the 3rd world with dictatorial regimes, but I believe the major nations have moved on.........
  • Options
    Bit Trin - wouldn't that make Fred Housego the most powerful man in Britain ?

• Options
    Well obviously cougie, it depends on the type of knowledge... tsk
  • Options
    But thats not what the saying is.

So if we have a database of fingerprints and peoples names and addresses and photos - we don't need ethnic group, or religion, or sexual preference.

Fingerprint gets taken from a crime scene- and there ya go - photo and name of the person to look for.
  • Options
    Who decides what is a crime scene?

Government of the future might decide that voting for the other party (if there is one) is a crime...

'Fantastic, we've got everyone's fingerprints on file... no need to call the dogs out yet then Boris'

... and that is the problem, we cant quite be sure who will be using this information in the future, neither do we know who will have access to it...

• Options
    ........and if I have to worry about the future like that Corinth then there really is no hope for society..........

we can all think bad things are going to happen - and quite often they do viz. the shite in the Middle east at the mo - but to go through life worrying about what is coming my way, is not my approach.........

as they say, life's a shit and then you die........
  • Options
    ...we still make mistakes in the 3rd world with dictatorial regimes, but I believe the major nations have moved on.........

You 'believe'... so you're not quite sure then?... very comforting.

• Options

Cougie, you are far too trusting.

The Govt already have a database and are storing pictures of inside and outside of our houses as part of the English revaluation. Don't tell me they won't then use this database for tax / inheritance and other purposes.
  • Options
    "but to go through life worrying about what is coming my way, is not my approach"

It's not my approach either... but it doesn't mean that I ignore possible threats to civil rights and basic freedom.
  • Options
    Has anyone actually had the inside of their house photographed by agents of the government ?

I haven't - unless that Starling that fell down my chimney had a hidden camera.

• Options
    I have... well it was the government of venus actually..
  • Options
    Starlings with hidden cameras are only the start. The trouble is they aren't reliable, and too many people kill and eat the starlings on council estates.

They are putting transmitters inside letters from readers digest saying you have won £1,000,000. When you open it it sends all kinds of data about your house to the government.

They are doubling the council tax on all houses with white kitchen units.
  • Options
    phew - thank feck for blue then.......
  • Options
    Welsh Alex, have you been reading the Mail too much? Huge amounts of scaremongering and sod all truth to it. Once in a blue moon are internal pics taken and then usually only for very specific reasons.

Up there with the shock revelation that a nice view like the sea makes your house more valuable than living somewhere with a view (and whiff) of a sewage works.