Options

Thusday session 13 February 2003

2»

Comments

• Options
    Hope the thight strain isn't too bad hilly.
  • Options
    Well you're all going to have to do without your daily dose of Marmite for a week as I'm off on business tomorrow and probably won't have the chance to post until next Friday (I'm sure you're all gutted!). Hence, I won't be at the Stamford 30K on Sunday. If you're going to this one Drew, best of luck and good luck to all other forumites heading out there.

What: 1M warm-up, 15K @~1/2M pace, 1M cool-down
    Why: Tempo run
    Last hard run: Today for sure
    Last rest day: Monday

Felt pretty good, got through the 15K in 57 min flat so seems like things are going in the right direction. However, have been feeling a little flat in general lately so will probably take the next week fairly steady in preparation for the final onslaught for the build-up to FLM.

Have a great week everyone.
    Best
    mm ;-)
  • Options
    MM - what's this "business" thing that's getting in the way of your running? bad luck on missing out on your 30K. BTW, 15K in 57 mins. is really going some - looks like you're on great form.

hilly - good luck with the injury.
  • Options
    Managed to drag myself out for 18.5 miles. Was slower than I wanted to be- had to make 2 unscheduled stops- one was "al fresco" the other at a petrol station- lesson learnt today- you still need the loperamide silly.
  • Options
    Achilles,
    it is a royal pain in the @rse when work gets in the way of running don't ya think? The fact that I'm missing the Stamford 30K prompted the 30K MP run last weekend, which went alright and so was quite a confidence boost.

Sounds like training is going really well with you. The fact that you can do a 15M MP run mid-week bodes very well for the marathon itself methinks. Any other races planned prior to FLM?

Monique,
    that's awesome that you can get an 18.5 miler in during the week. Great stuff.

Hilly, WP,
    all others with injuries, hang in there, it'll come good.
  • Options
    MM - yes, I read about your 30K time trial and was mighty impressed. what's your FLM goal time now, I wonder?

my next race is Reading 1/2M on 9 March -now I'm panicking that I'll do a worse time than last w/e which felt like a fluke, and then I won't know where I am. trouble with the remorseless Horwill regime is it's hard to gauge how the training's actually going.
  • Options
    What: 4.5mi easy then gym - 1hr Bodypump class (weights)
    Why:schedule
    Last hard: Tues - although today was pretty hard for the upper body
    Last rest: Mon
  • Options
    NessieNessie ✭✭✭
    What: Had planned to do 4 miles tonight, but as I'm still at work, I guess it'll be a night in front of the telly watching Friends and ER.
    Why: Lots of work to do as the finance server was down most of last week, and I'm away at the end of next week.

Last nights 2 miler (breaking in new shoes) was the best run I've had in ages - even the hills didn't feel too hard. But still not feeling in the least bit confident about the half on 16/3.

I have committed to taking my running shoes to Finland with me next week, as apparently there is a nice path by the river near where the conference is being held. Anyone know how many degrees below zero it is on the Arctic Circle this week?
  • Options
    Achilles,
    Regarding goal time for the FLM, I think I'll probably make a final decision after my next race, Stafford 20M which coincidentally is on the same day as your next one.

DON'T PANIC. I'm sure you'll post a blinding time, especially if you back off just a smidgen the week before the race. I think the fact that you posted a low 1:18 1/2M last time out with no taper indicates that you're in awesome shape. Frank H is lovin' it for sure at this point!
  • Options
    Finish work in a few mins so off to do some hill intervals. As it's so dark will have to do them up a urban hill, which will no doubt attract the usual amount of comments about runners being weird!!!

Night all
  • Options
    HillyHilly ✭✭✭
    Thanks Martin, Achilles and MM, it's not exactly a thigh strain although that's how it feels. It's actually referred pain from my back. A long term problem that I have under control 99% of the time, but it does flair up when I'm doing a lot and is a sign to back off. So I'm listening to it as past experience tells me if I don't my back will 'be out' for weeks! Normally a few days of non-impact exercise and up the dose of glucosamine and chondroitin to reduce any inflammation and it'll be ok!

A good excuse for a easier week and enjoyed the swim tonight for 40 mins.
  • Options
    Keep well Hilly,

Have a good business trip MM, we'll keep tabs on Achilles' Horvill sessions in your absence don't worry (sure your 1/2 was nothing like a fluke A)
    Have a good time in Finland Nessie, do you like vodka? That's how they keep warm out there.

Well, it's after dark and I didn't get out so swapped rest days with tomorrow rather than junk mile tonight. Settled for starting contentious thread on General instead. <feet up in front of laptop>. :-)
  • Options
    HillyHilly ✭✭✭
    Thanks Laura. It certainly is heating up over on General!
  • Options
    nothing
    on call
  • Options
    What: am 5M easy felt good.
    What: pm 8M steady very comfortable, trying to hold myself back form going too quick.
    Last hard: Tues
    Last rest: Fri

Looking forward the final Kent XC league race on Saturday.
  • Options
    Marmite Master- yes I have a three day week - just like the 70's! My mother-in-law has been staying as well so I could do a long run this morning. Wanted to do 2:20, but did 2:30 which didn't include stopping for sweets and a number 2- twice!

Looking forward to an easy off-road at work tomorrow and Liversedge on Sunday.

Laura- so far have refrained from sticking my 2 penn'th on your contentious thread, might not be able to resist though!
  • Options
    Monique, after an 18 mile run in 2.30 you're excused. (sorry about the toilet troubles, I'd assumed, after the cake trail last week you were, well, pretty hardy in that department!)
  • Options
    Perhaps that was the problem- I only had 2 crumpets with chocolate spread for breakfast. Does Battenburg bind you up? I need to be told.
  • Options
    This is turning into a lazy week. Planned to go swimming today but got a cry for help from my regular casual employer this morning so went to work instead - shock to the system that!

Never mind, I WILL be running tomorrow.