Options

New piccy

13»

Comments

• Options
    I was feeling the pressure but thank God it came out so dark and blurry. Where's yours anyway?

Another productive afternoon in front of the computer...
  • Options
    Fraggle, tell me more about this Rivermead thingy
  • Options
    HillyHilly ✭✭✭
    Snicks, that's me on a normal day. In fact it was taken after I'd been running, but obviously showered and changed. If it was a little clearer you would most probably still see the running glow in my face.
  • Options
    HillyHilly ✭✭✭
    New picture after Portland 10 race. I like playing with this picture business. How do you put several on to rotate-anyone know?
  • Options
    BK - it's unfortunately called the L-plate runners(!), on at either Thursdaya at 8pm or Sundays at 9am, one of the gym coaches thinks it'll be a mixture of speed and endurance sessions, but other than that your guess is as good as mine! I'm going to sign up for it, as I might meet potential training partners (ideal for over the winter motivation), and it'll mean I get out at least once a week!
    Phone Rivermead and ask for details

• Options
    Thanks fraggle, I'll drop in and see what they're doing. I used to be a member at Rivermead but its too busy in the gym and with too much posing lycra. Oldies like me are shot at the door

Hilly, the swapping pictures is done using an Adobe package most of us won't have heard of. Suffice to say its for RW staff only or techy types. See another thread somewhere for more details
  • Options
    Greeny.Greeny. ✭✭✭
    Hilly
    I asked the same question about rotating pictures and this was the reply!

"Well SimonF, I've already done my 'It's because I move in mysterious ways' routine elsewhere so this will have to be the proper answer.

Basically you need Adobe ImageReady, an application that lets you combine different images as one and then save it in a single gif format.

Unfortunately this increases the file size and therefore doesn't let you upload to the site as it breaks the 15K size limit. However if you keep to two images then you can keep below 15k.

How did I do it?

Well it's not what you know, it's who you know. Call it a perk of the job seeing as I don't get the same sort of pay rises that Rob Spedding does."

You can also get animations to work as well if you're really clever!
  • Options
    Any offers to resize me. I am dying to put a photo of my chest in my profile.
  • Options
    PS Its a male chest I'm afraid.
  • Options
    HillyHilly ✭✭✭
    SimonF,
    that sounds far too complicated, I think I'll stick to just changing the picture occasionally!