Options

Witham Boxing Day 5

Comments

• Options
    Stet - I won't be doing Hadleigh!! I had a bad experience with worms there a couple of years ago and I won't go back!! (I've got an irrational fear of worms. And fish).

Good luck though.

So, do you do the Benfleet 15 or do you have to marshall? I've got my form and should hopefully be doing it....
  • Options
    TriesHard, no worries see ya at round 3!

Should be marshaling the Benfleet 15.
    Last year we had a marshalls run the day before the event and the same goes for the next!
  • Options
    hmmm Benfleet 15, did it this year, do I really wanna do it next year!
  • Options
    TillyP, yes you do!! The first time is to try it out and see what it's all about and the second time, you know what to expect and it's so much better!! I missed it this year, although I went and watched. I could have cried at only watching it, I so wanted to be out there in the cold, the mud, falling over as I have done EVERY time!!! I'd do it again. I must do it this year as I'm doing the Grizzly in March, so I need the practice!!

• Options
    Springfield Strider highjacking a Witham thread whatever next ;-)

BTW XC sucks so if anyone in the 53-12 series is short of a marshal I can offer my services (but will have to wear my Witham jacket so they know I haven't defected)
  • Options
    TillyP, Yes, do it!!!!!

TriesHard, I'm doing Grizzly for the first time next year too!
    Realy looking forward to it!
  • Options
    Hmmm I should really, need the miles for London

Might see ya there then :)
  • Options
    Just to let you all know. I have now received the numbers and I have processed all the mail entries (61 so far). They will be posted tomorrow (Monday 4th Dec).

I'll start processing the online entries soon. They should be posted on Tuesday.
  • Options
    Thanks for the update Frank. I noticed yesterday my cheque hasn't been cashed yet - was getting a bit worried as to whether or not it had found its way to you.

Looking forward to the race!
  • Options
    numbers recieved today - we're in! Me 48 the Mrs 49 !

Looking forward to it!
  • Options
    I'm in too!! Me 31, Mr TH 32 (glad they put the woman first, well done Witham - you know who's boss!!!).

MUST get back on and motivated to train. Gave up half way through my last session (10x2mins with 30s recovery) and spent most of the rest of the evening in tears!!! But, I've got a good reason now, although I might stick to some longer slow runs.

Looking forward to it!!
  • Options
    Tries Hard is 31, Mr TriesHard is 32.

Look at jel's post: jel is 48, Mrs jel is 49.

No hidden message. That's just the way your entry forms came out of the envelopes.

Enjoy the race.
  • Options
    Frank Haney, don't ruin my illusion!! Plus, we all know women are better than men!!!
  • Options
    its absolutely freezing outside at the moment - think I will do my training in the gym for this one! .....brrrrrr....
  • Options
    Number recieved!

exactly the age I feel today after coming down with a cold!
  • Options
    I know how you feel. I've just sent off my cheque for this one having been ill all week so no training at all.

Need to get back on track over the next two weeks !

• Options
    Stet, how was Hadleigh this morning?? I heard the worms were safely tucked away under the frost!! I think we won today, by one point!

The next one isn't until 14th Jan at Thordon Park, hopefully I'll have really improved by then and won't be last!! I'll have to start doing them as I need the training for the Grizzly and the Benfleet 15.

MC, is the Witham 5 only 2 weeks away??? I keep thinking it's ages away, and the Christmas is ages away (wish it was, I'm a right scrooge and hate Christmas)! Must do some more training!
  • Options
    Hi Myles and TriesHard,
    Hadleigh was my first run since the Thanet coastal 10!
    (7 days ago!!!)
    Finaly shifted the cold, it was good to be able to run again without being lathargic and having blocked airways!

One point in it between 1st and 2nd team, the closest ever!
    Lots of pain and suffering today on lots of faces, it's tough course is Hadleigh!

Hopefuly back on track now for Witham, gunning for a final p.b of 2006! Xmas hat and all!!!!

Hope everyones training goes well over the next couple of weeks.
    All the best.
  • Options
    Hope the trainings going well peeps.
  • Options
    Well, happy xmas to you all.
    See you tomorrow!
  • Options
    Happy Christmas too, everyone!!!

Looking forward to tomorrow - I'm well stocked up with sugar and carbs, might even get under 60minutes!!

Good luck all!!
  • Options
    Merry Christmas,

The kids are up nice and early so no pre race lie in. Santa bought me some matching kit so at least I'll look the part even if the Xmas dinner schedule knocks minutes off my time !!

Best of luck today.
  • Options
    So, how did everyone get on?

I never made it! Didn't feel well when I got up, made the effort to get out, but was too tired and dizzy (no, not a hangover), so went back to bed. Have only just got up again! Gutted.
  • Options
    Good day. No wind at all and I looked the part in the new kit. Finished in 40.20 which I was pleased with as I've never done a 5 miler before. The uphill finish was a killer - if only it ended at the railway bridge !!

Well marshalled and organised. I will certainly do it again next year.
  • Options
    didnt make it either TriesHard, nor did the Mrs. Like you we were both feeling ill this morning - it wasnt booze, we think we ate something dodgy yesterday!

Feeling better now (hope you are) but am a bit down I missed it :( as it seemed a nice morning for it.
  • Options
    Big thanks to everyone involved with putting this run on today, especially the enthusiastic marshals around the course, spurred me on to crack one more p.b before the end of 2006! Got round just under the half hour, 29.53 by my watch complete with xmas hat! Well done to the winners in all catagories, I don't know how you do the times you ran! I'll definately be back next year. Thanks again marshals, happy new year!!!
  • Options
    The official results are already on the Witham RC website (they must have been working through the night !!).

I'm happy as I went a bit quicker than my watch time ( I couldn't get my gloves off at the finish or do much else come to think of it )

Photos are also on the Smiles4miles site. I love the look of pain etched on my face in the final few yards.
  • Options
    Glad you guys enjoyed the race, I think you pretty much had as perfect a day as you might have wished for! Thanks for the positive comments.
  • Options
    That's a shame jel. I'm miserable too that I missed it, but I was too tired - have only just got up today!! I've recently increased the dosage on two tablets I take and I think that just knocks me out and it took it's toll on Boxing Day.

Well done Stet! Sub 30, just how do you do it??? I was aiming for sub 60, which I think I would have done (my pb is 40something, but haven't been well for about a year).

MC - 40.20 is good! You should be proud.

Hope you all have a lovely New Year!!!

• Options
    Hi Trieshard,
    Lots of digging deep once I'd realized it was possible at the half way point!
    Recovery guinness at the finish line too!!!
    Hope you get well soon, all the best for the new year.