Options

Goring, Woodcote & District 10k Run 2007

Comments

• Options
    I really enjoyed this & got a PB too! (2 mins faster) The hills were evil, but it was great fun (except for the guy who ran next to me for a couple of KM & constantly gobbed! If he'd got me, I would have pushed him over!)
  • Options
    Nice to see you as ever yesterday Fraggle, glad you had such a good run

Muttley I didn't see any sign of you, you're probably still running up that hill mate ;-)

Finished the wrong side of 45 so a good 90 seconds down on last year but not too upset by that.

Ran back to Purley afterwards with my super speedy running partner so some of you may have passed us in your nice warm cars.

Be interesting to see the pictures funkin. I had one of my better sprint finishes so would be interested to see if I'm in any of them.

As a BTW yesterday was my 500th run, shame I was wearing number 400 instead of 500.

Cheers all, see you next year

• Options
    Another BTW, the Goring 10K shares the first hill with the Woodcote. When you get to the next junction however you go left instead of right and up the horrible hill back to Woodcote. Hope that helps
  • Options
    Does anyone know when the official results will be listed?
    Funkin, was that you with the huge lensed camera? (on the crossroads b4 the final hill?)
  • Options
    Here you go. All the photos I took (shortstop: I was a few seconds before the finish on the left side of the road, so no) are online and there should be links to the full size versions if you want them.

I only do this for fun when I'm not running myself to apologies to the people I missed.
  • Options
    Cool pics! I'm on there, but staring at the floor as usual! :o)
  • Options
    Cheers for the pictures funkin, mine looks fairly typical.... ie. awful.

Are you happy for us to do what we will with them or are they copyright?
  • Options
    You're welcome to do whatever you want with them. If you do use them or stick then in a running club magazine or something I'd appreciate a "photo:David Rowe" or similar, and also an email/message to say what you've done.

Don't forget that from my site there's links to the full resolution files (about 3 megabytes) which would be better if you were wanting to use them in print or something. You can also directly access them all via flickr.com if that's easier.

D.
  • Options
    IanCIanC ✭✭✭
    Great Photos. well of my friends - I don't think you captured my inner self really!

Good picture of the darn dog that beat me.
  • Options
    There was one huge dog out there, kinda reminded me of the film Turner and Hooch!

They started at the back and made good progress, probably by taking out runners on the way up the fleet!
  • Options
    IanCIanC ✭✭✭
    No it was the little one in one of your later photos which was 11 years old - 77 in our years but is that less than 20 years per leg?
  • Options
    That Ridgeback was HUGE! mind yo I could have done with some help up that final hill :o)
  • Options
    TippTopTippTop ✭✭✭
    Anybody know what the winning time was?
  • Options
    I believe it was somewhere between 34 and 35 minutes but could be wrong.

Anyone know what any of the times were? Surely it shouldn't take this long to get the results online, or am I looking in the wrong place.
  • Options
    I keep checking the Lions website but its not updated yet.
    I think the winning time should be in the Reading Post tonight. Dont quote me on that tho!
  • Options
    TippTopTippTop ✭✭✭
    Cheers Funkin. I got conflicting reports at the end, one was 35 something, the other 38 something. I figured 38 was too long.........
    I believe the results are being published in the Henley Standard due out either tomorrow or Friday.
  • Options
    Yeah, it certainly wasn't 38 mins. Hmn, I guess the Henley Standard sounds about right, as that was the name printed on the running numbers.

Right, the race is on for someone to get the paper and type in all the results before the Lions Club website does the same!!
  • Options
    Just had this in response to an email I sent asking when the results would be online:

"Hope you enjoyed the event, I know I did Hill or not!
    Results should be on the website by the weekend.
    Many thanks for supporting our race and for helping Macmillan Nurses, thanks to everyone who took part we are hoping to be able to donate over £3000 to this wonderful cause."

Mrs F
  • Options
    Winning time was 35 mins & a few secs. It was Chris Payne who runs with Reading Roadrunners. (my club too!) He was training last night & literally flying round the track!
    Gutted that Reading Post didnt put our club times in. this is the first race ive done as a member & they didnt put them in! Boo!

Result on the £3000 going to charity!
  • Options
    MuttleyMuttley ✭✭✭
    Glad to see everyone had a good day. Unfortunately I had to cry off - last-minute change to shift pattern. Money went to a good cause, though.

Maybe see you at Wokingham or Goring, BK?
  • Options
    Hi Muttley, hopefully see you at Wokingham. I'm doing the Bramley 20 so no Goring this year. Hope you're well

I'm afraid historically not all RRR results appear in the post Shortstop. The only reason the Reading Joggers times are in there is because one of the Joggers collected the results and gave them to Stan Eldon. From my experience, and Muttley may be able to back me up on this, there isn't a green shirt that does the same thing. Perhaps something to think about at your AGM. BTW what was your time?

BK (Mr Lizzy A and ex green shirt)
  • Options
    Thanks Funkin - abs great photos.
  • Options
    anyone got the results yet?
  • Options
    TippTopTippTop ✭✭✭
    Afraid not. I've checked the lions and the Henley Standard websites, but nothing listed yet.....
  • Options
    I thought I paid for the results to be posted - but no sign of them yet either :(
  • Options
    ..and there I was thinking that the delay was because they wanted to send the results out to the people who paid to get them.

Have you ever had to wait this long for results before? Its not as if its the first time they're run this race...
  • Options
    I'm afraid this race is sometimes poor at getting the results back. According to the Reading Post race columnist Stan Eldon the person that does the results has not been overly well so perhaps we can forgive them this time.

As a generalisation though the relationship between runners and organisers is a two way thing. Our duty is to pay & behave according to the rules. There's is to make the route clear, supply us with adequate toilets and water and then to tell us how we did. The last one often gets forgetten. Two weeks is the worse case I've come across and I believe that was the Brighton 10k from a few years back.

BK
  • Options
    Goring website has been updated but I can't get the link to the results page to work.

Is it just me?

There's also a link to a photo website - I don't remeber there being such a high percentage of ladies on the day (or is that just me again?)
  • Options
    Agreed, the full results link doesn't work. I think the fact that it says "(available w/e 19th Jan)" probably means it won't be ready till later this week.
  • Options
    If you want decent running pictures crumbs, look at funkin's site.

Having a problem with the clubs webmaster at the moment Funkin, hence none of your pictures on our site as yet.