Options

Afford Rent-A-Car Stafford 20

Comments

• Options
    Quick Quack

Can't get ou much sat morning as like to run together and hard to get babysitter at 8:00 sat morning, but managing to get LSR in together most weekends, hows your training going? what time you aiming for on Sunday?
  • Options
    my number is 461,
    good luck to all , at least the weather looks ok
  • Options
    PruePrue ✭✭✭
    Hi All

Just wanted to check, do you know if theres any drink stops on the way? It doesn't seem to mention this anywhere on the leaflet. If so where and how many????

Good luck eveyone, lets have a good one :-)

• Options
    PruePrue ✭✭✭
    oopps just see hellen's post - 6 water stations!

Does anyone know at what points in the race?
  • Options
    Hope u all have a super run

i 've just come out of 4 days in hospital !!

Could'nt run down the road at moment
  • Options
    Good Luck to you all tomorrow.

This is the 3 rd time in a row ive run this.

Looks as though the weather will be better than last year!!

Running this as a FLM benchmark. See how my training is going.
  • Options
    Hi Quinton and Hi All

Was planning on going out at approx marathon pace but have read the above posts and am thinking should go a bit slower in view of nasty hill on first lap, then see how things go. 3 hours-ish would be great but not counting on achieving that.

Sorry to hear you've been in hospital Sir MicknPhil, hope you're well on the road to recovery and running !!.

Looks like it'll be a bit blustery tomorrow.. good luck all

• Options
    Prue, last year they were even kind enough to put ice in the drinks....or was it cause it was just soooo bl**dy cold!!

G
  • Options
    would like to do this event tomorrow as
    a warm up for london.

struggling to make it as no car.problems with trains between wolverhampton and stafford.

any one passing m6 junction 9 fancy giving me a lift.would be much appreciated.

• Options
    Michael,

Let me know if you still need a lift!

It is a bit out my way, but I can always come back towards you

Garry

• Options
    YEP GARRY WOULD BE NICE.DUE TO LEAVE AT 7:50 SO IF YOU CAN DO SO PLEASE CALL ME ASAP ON 07900 808521

CHEERS
  • Options
    Ouch, ouch, ouch, ouch, OUCH!!!

Just under 10 mins faster than last year so well happy...but off to work now.

Hope everyone had a good one.

Does, anyone know the web address for the photos?

Thanks

Garry
  • Options
    Photos on here later on

http://racephotos.topcities.com/

WEll done to everybody who ran today. Hope you all got what you were looking for!
  • Options
    PruePrue ✭✭✭
    TripleJ - How were all your runs today? I met Jo on the way round, and it was only after a while that it clicked that she was one of the TripleJ's. Had a lovely chat, so please pass on my regards and good luck wishes for Stafford Half :-)

Was a lovely day for running, did the run in 3.15 - Which I was really chuffed with. Running round I felt great and really strong, but as soon as I finished I felt like complete Sh*t!!! My calfs really started to cramp and as soon as I got inside I just wanted to lie down and go to sleep as I felt Sick and quite emotional - How can that happen????????
    All the way round the run, I was really great, chatting away and feeling good. The pace, and my breathing were fine and my legs felt as they always do on long runs, so I can't see what was any different????

If anyone has any ideas - Throw em my way!

Was my highest milage week so far, but dont know if that would make all that much of a difference???

• Options
    7 mins quicker than last year.

well chuffed with that.hopefully on for a sub 4 london.

a big thank you to garry for the lift up there.
  • Options
    Had an OK run, was going by my HR so had to keep slowing myself down as I was aiming to do 70-75% of WHR which is what I normally do on LSR. Felt I could have gone faster so ignored HRM for last 2 miles and increased the pace. Finished in 3.29 which is slwoer than I expected as normally my LSRs are about 10/mile but I suppose the hills made me slower.
    have another 20 mile race next week, felt that I held back enough on this one to enable me to go faster next week!
    the mars bar was a nice touch on the second lap although could have doen with more!!!
  • Options
    well done everyone. It's a tough course having to go up that hill 3 times!! Was glad to see the back of it on lap 3!

Finished strongly and ran the 2nd 10 faster than the first 10. which i'm pleased about as it means my FLM training is apying off.

Ran 3 minutes quicker than last year and came home in 2.06.24 a pb. Just waiting for the results now to see where I finished and whether I was first V50 like last year.

Well done to all the organisers, marshalls and helpers. Another fine race. Now looking forward to Stafford Half, which is another great race.

Hope to see some of you there. If any of you like a swim there is a great pool which my club friends and I really enjoy after the race. It helps shift the aches.
    Park in their car park for the race.
  • Options
    well done everyone. It's a tough course having to go up that hill 3 times!! Was glad to see the back of it on lap 3!

Finished strongly and ran the 2nd 10 faster than the first 10. which i'm pleased about as it means my FLM training is apying off.

Ran 3 minutes quicker than last year and came home in 2.06.24 a pb. Just waiting for the results now to see where I finished and whether I was first V50 like last year.

Well done to all the organisers, marshalls and helpers. Another fine race. Now looking forward to Stafford Half, which is another great race.

Hope to see some of you there. If any of you like a swim there is a great pool which my club friends and I really enjoy after the race. It helps shift the aches.
    Park in their car park for the race.
  • Options
    how did that happen?
  • Options
    WoW - Great time Tigerrunner !.

I went out too fast once again but ran with a clubmate which was great and certainly helped on lap 2 which felt really hard!.

Not entirely sure of my time - a shade under 1:50 I reckon as i forgot to press the stopwatch as I crossed the line !. Do the results go online ? I also forgot the envelope !!

I would also like to thank the smiling helpers marshalls who were really encouraging . The organisation was also excellent.

• Options
    1:50 !!! in my dreams.... Should have said 2:50. ( felt like at least 4:50)
  • Options
    Mr Schofield has the results up already.

2:40 was great for me - 8 minute miling all the way on average :)

http://www.ukresults.net/2007/stafford20.html
  • Options
    Thanks Wirral Dave...and Well done.
  • Options
    Micheal, no problems, happy to help, and well done on your performance.

Dave, thank you for highlighting results being up already.

Prue, thank you for the photo link

Well done all

Garry
  • Options
    Hi All
    I feel so pleased and so relieved! Managed to run in 3:23:31 and Jackie came in just after in 3:23:55 and Jo 3:38:31 so hopefully that will set us up for London?
    Prue - Will tell Jo tomorrow you pass on your regards, she has been struggling with a nasty cold this week and struggled alittle, but at least we all finished. Well done on your run - excellant.
    Hellen, hows the foot, I am a bit aching but was on such a high. I think my jellybabies did the trick lol I couldnt face the mars bar! Good luck next week at Ashby.
    Quinton/Jo Well done - how do you both feel now?
    I would just like to finally add - it was so nice to have so much support from other runners, even when I got passed and I was so pleased I managed first lap of 8 miles before being over took, they offered encouragement and that helped me alot. I actually managed to run all 20 miles and didnt walk at all - which surprised me because I have been having nightmares about this one!!
  • Options
    well done J, you must be releaved that is over!!
    Was looking out for 3 of you together but didnt see you.
    I may have passed Jo near the end, what was she wearing?
    not feeling too bad today, hip flexor a bit tight but feet fine. Feel marginally better than I did (achywise) after my 20.5mile training run so see that as progress!!
  • Options
    Just like to say thanks to Dave, Quinton and Jo. At various stages you all helped drag me around. I was the one who requested a blue vest to fit in!!

Like others this was the furthest i have ever run with my previous longest being 14.5 miles and i dreaded the extra 5.5. Add to the increased distance, the hills and i didnt sleep the night before for worry!!.

I was told on the run by a few people that this is the toughest 20 miler in the country but not sure if thats true..

So glad that i ran it and the comments that if i can run this, i can run London has doubled my confidence. Very pleased with myself that although slow i managed to run all the way...

Cant walk today though!!!! Hope to maybe see you at London..

Jim
  • Options
    Hi Hellen, Jo was wearing pink top, her husband ran the last bit with her. I seemed to run 18 miles alone, set off with Jackie but sort of went a bit at different paces but Jackie was less than 30 secs behind me at finish. Jackie and I work together and were still very happy today! Jo is ok just recovering from the effects of running when not 100%
    I feel ok today, not as achy as some training runs i have done but the weather was better and didnt get soaked for a change!
    Trojan1 - Well done! I can totally understand not sleeping night before - I was terrible all week, dreaming all sorts of things, I was so pleased managed to keep running, although sure I could walk faster than my slowest running pace - especially on that last climb on last lap!
    Lets hope London goes as well for us all.
  • Options
    not too keen on my photo, I am at the bottom of page 10, the middle picture!!
    I think I passed Jo near the end, I think she was with someone in a blue coat and they were walking. I passed a few people in the last few miles when I decided it would be OK to pick up the pace.
    I hope it is true that this is the hardest 20 in the country as that means my one next week will be easier although I have been told it is very hilly. WIll find out soon enough I suppose. Am not too worried about it as I have now done 2 x 20 milers, more worried about the weather than making it around!!
  • Options
    Eek Just seen my pic - still on a high even if pic leads alot to be desired! Are u running stafford half I cant remember what u said. Spoke to our trainer last night, he said we will run 6 miles tonight if jackie and i feel ok. This sunday will be 13 miles ready for next sunday than need to fit one more big one in of about 22 week after - then milage comes back down ... apparently. I think sunday was a learning curve in sense learning about pacing, when to pick up and when to slow, in theory staffs half should be enjoyable lol