Options

'Mature' runners.

Comments

• Options

I went for a nice sedate little 2-mile jog in the woods with the dogs - in the snow! All week the weathermen have been saying no chance of any more snow for Christmas but it started to snow just as I left work at 3pm and it hasn't stopped yet....very fine flakes though, and wet.

I loved my "run"!

image image image

• Options

Hoorah for the return of IW! image

• Options

BIW, welcome back to the world of running.

The rain held off for our hill session this evening. I will do a short write up tomorrow, as I'm too tired now, after a tough session.

• Options

Thanks everyone - I am so pleased my waiting time is over.

• Options

BIW - hooray for the 2 miles, - the first of many!

• Options

Bright and sunny so far today with no rain. I did a recovery pace 4 miles to ease the aching legs. Last night we covered 7.33 miles, including a tough hill session. The first set was 30, 60 and 90 seconds, and the next three 30, 60 and 60 seconds.

• Options

Afternoon all,

Just back from a jaunt to Hastings and need to get on the treddy (as it's already nearly dark here) for a short session asap as we're out at 5:30pm to sing carols around the Xmas tree in the village with mulled wine and mince pies image

• Options

Red, hope you have an appreciative audience for your Christmas carols. Mulled wine and mince pies will warm you up. Hope it is not raining in the village.

Tonight is the longest of the year, and it gets lighter by about 2 Min's. a day from now on. I can't wait for the lighter nights, when we can do our evening sessions in the New Forest again.

• Options

And just look at that, - the world didn't end, after all!

Mulled wine, mince pies and carols around the Christmas tree, - what more could one want?

4.8 miles done in rain which though not heavy was very persistent, so once again I got home soaked through.

Just over 5 miles to go to the 700. I will do those 5 miles in London, - off there tomorrrow. Happy Christmas, everybody!

• Options

Enjoyed Strictly, the best series yet.

Happy Christmas Columba.

JJ, I know, just wishful thinking on my part.

Eleven degrees already this morning and not raining at the moment. Off for a forest run with club mates soon. We will probably be running over very boggy ground, so will have to pull laces tight on trail shoes.

• Options

morning everyone

well yesterdays run was slightly hard, it did nothing but rain and the wind was very strong especially over open farm land but managed 10 miles and knocked 5 mins off last weeks run, looks like the training is starting to pay off at last, 

I would like to wish all you lovely people a very happy xmas xxx

• Options

Afternoon all,

I got soaked yesterday.  There were waterfalls running down all the lanes which had formed massive pools at the bottom.   All the rivers have burst their banks and lower down the valley looks like a floodplain!  

5.5 miles for me yesterday, wearing stripey tights under my shorts and topped off with my sparkly santa hat.  10 miles today, with no rain, wearing my Ms Santa outfit image

TE, I too can't wait for lighter days and evenings.

• Options

A 10 mile forest run with two club mates this morning. The going was horrendous and we agreed that we had never seen the forest so flooded. I had a very painful fall at about 8 miles, in thick yellow mud. I ended up flat on my back, covered from head to foot in this mud, unable to get up. Luckily, my companions heard my shout of pain and were able to get me onto my feet. Chris, who was a senior nurse, checked me out and said that the left arm, which was in great pain wasn't fractured, and the pain was due to the inpact the arm had taken on the fall. If it had been on tarmac, I would probably have broken my arm. I was able to drive home after the run, and hope that I will be able to drive tomorrow. It is the left arm that I use to change gear, so I hope the pain subsides.

• Options

imageStrictly was great, I loved it, pity they couldn't all win.

TE -  hope you feel better quickly.

Took Nemo out for a run today, did 5km and on return home, some weightlifting and 30 mins on the stationary bike. I'm on my way back!

Charly is now 7 months old and almost as big as Nemo - he will most likely end up as large as Ozzy was.

• Options

BIW, thanks. The arm is really aching now, so I am going to get an early night and hope it feels better in the morning. It seems that every time I think I have overcome my injuries, I get knocked back with another one. It's good news that you are on the comeback trail!

• Options

Morning all,

We sampled my panettone toasted for brekkie this morning so now Christmas has officially started.  I looked at the price of a similar sized loaf in Carluccios (£25!!!) and decided I ought to sell mine next year! image

I'm off out for a run soon and today I shall be wearing red and white striped tights and either my sparkly santa hat or my elf hat.  I'm a bit disappointed that I can't find my jingle bells though.  I suspect Mike and Tinker (the cat) might have been playing with them so I expect they'll emerge from under the sofa at some stage.

TE, poor you.  Thank goodness it was on a softish surface.  I bet it's still sore today so I hope you'll take a rest day to recover.

IW, you are well and truly back.  Excellent!

Happy holidays everyone image

• Options

Red, thanks. It was lucky that I wasn't running alone yesterday, as I don't think I would have been able to get up by myself. The mud was very deep and like quicksand. I think I might have got well and truly stuck.The arm feels much better today and I have got almost complete mobility with it now. I am definitely taking a rest day today, as the fall really shook me up.

No races now until next year when I hope my fall won't have sapped my confidence to race cross country again.

A very happy Christmas to you all and a prosperous New Yearimageimage

• Options

Hello again, i am still in the land of the living although my racing days are over, i'm waiting for the results of an x-ray on my left knee which will dictate just what happens next.

My family problems have been dealt with and the the best possible outcome has been achieved (although not ideal) 

I trust everyone is giving their best in training, given the terrible wet conditions we are all experiencing. York is suffering some of the worst floods in living memory with the Ouse over 14 feet higher than normal.

I wish everyone a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year  image

• Options

OT welcome back!

JJ the fall was horrible, I hit the ground so hard that  if it hadn't been in deep soft mud, I'm sure I would have broken and arm or a leg. I went down like a sack of spuds. It was my left arm that came off worse, so I am still able to lift a glass, or three, with my right hand.

The left arm is now almost completely ok, for which I am really grateful. Thoughts that my running career was over, had gone through my head.

• Options

Evening all,

OT, hello poppet.  Lovely to hear form you again and glad to hear things have been dealt with as best you could.  Fingers crossed for your xray.

TE, take it easy please.  Falls most definitely do shake you up.

JJ, going into London for Christmas Day?  That's proper posh, that is!  Unless it's at your daughter's house in which case it doesn't count as posh image

Have a wonderful Christmas everyone, whatever you do or wherever you may be.  I shall be running first thing, no matter what the weather throws at me.  I'll pop in tomorrow at some stage image

• Options
    Time for a run in the rain enjoy your day if not working had a 52 anniversary do for my parents so feeling full today. Stay safe and no falling over if you can help it.
  • Options

OT, I agree with JJ, never say never. I'm now on my way back from my hip replacement and have run 3 times (once today!)

TE, take care and just relax over Christmas.

Raining here too, it wasn't when I went for my run with the dogs but LJS is out now with Nemo running 10km, it's raining steadily. Charly is helping me with getting the Christmas dinner ready!

Best Christmas wishes to everyone!

• Options

Evening all,

Hope you've all had a nice day.  I'm stuffed!  I ran just 3 miles this morning in torrential rain which made me feel virtuous.  Tomorrow I shall have to run off all the excess calories I've eaten today image

Mark, congratulations to your parents!

IW, hope the doggies enjoyed their Christmas dinner too.

• Options

Red - oh yes, they certainly did! Turkey is one thing that Nemo can eat in spite of his allergies (beef, lamb, veal, chicken, reindeer, pork, rice, wheat, rye, egg, milk).

Have a very happy and peaceful holiday everyone.

• Options

Morning all,

Oh my, it's such a beautiful day at the moment with a blue sky and wintery sun.  Intervals for me at some stage later but for now it's craft-time image

• Options

Showers here still but very sporadic and light. Went swimming this morning, it was really busy even in the two fast lanes where we always swim. 2000m easy workout for me, 3000m for John.

• Options

Morning all,

Didn't run yesterday after all as we had unexpected visitors.  'Twas OK as I'd run 4 days in a row anyway. Intervals today instead to try and work off the lard! image