Options

Paris Marathon 2013

Comments

• Options
    Radar SalRadar Sal ✭✭✭
    Marathon Maus wrote (see)

Hi - thanks for all your good wishes. Just had word from my Dad that she's had a good night's sleep, her BP has stabilised and is being transferred into a normal ward. That's a good sign. All your good wishes have helped, I'm sure.

As for support crew plans - have you got room for one more? I'm in negotiations on accommodation for Saturday night and if that can be sorted, I reckon I'm going to just jump onto a plane and head on over...

WOOO HOOOO!!!! (for coming to london and for your mum being "back to herself")

'OO'50 wrote (see)

Mrs OO has bookked the theatre Saturday night. Thanks for the tip off DV, I'll avoid Charing Crossimage

Theatre shouldn't start until 7ish...plenty of time for a quick pasta beforehandimage

MEETING SPOT: seems is semi set for 9-9.15ish at Canada water tube.  Otherwise we'll be approx 200m along the route from Rotherhithe overground, before the big roundabout.

• Options
    Radar SalRadar Sal ✭✭✭

Dannir - nice one.  Always good to have someone show us their bushes.

• Options
    OO54OO54 ✭✭✭

we do like a bit of shrubery....oooer

• Options
    RS - I thought I had taken it as low as it should go....? Obviously not.

Can't get to London on Sunday so I have done the next best thing. I have entered the Turriff Sprint Triathlon. It's a wee market town in rural Banffshire. Bit of a contrast to London... I'll be thinking of everyone competing that day. But more importantly i'll be thinking of the volunteers and spectators that make these events so special. All too easy to take them for granted as we battle against the stopwatch. Not any more.

Just done a quick cycle before breakfast. The heavens opened! I got 'fair drookit', as they would say in Turriff. (Rather wet)
  • Options
    Love the garden.

Nice to hear that your son is on the mend D, and your mum sound like she us getting much better MM.

Enjoy London x
  • Options
    35281 Roger Cousin....he is hoping for about 4.5, he will be in All Pink for breast cancer care...frock, tights wig the lot...madman , raising stacks, well done him. I have told him you will be out in force. He is a mate of Howeyz,s who is going to be supporting, so might meet up with you too.
  • Options

Simon - Loving the fact you feel you have to explain the lingo!! Good luck with the triathalon.

Torrential rain here now, again,  too....and gale force winds forecast for later.image No acitvities planned for later, apart from walking around for a few hours, because I have root canal treatment to look forward too.image

• Options
    I see the sap is rising this morning...
  • Options
    Radar SalRadar Sal ✭✭✭
    Simon - I thought that was reasonably tame. Could have said that on Sunday we shall be riding the dlr with long poles...
  • Options
    Radar SalRadar Sal ✭✭✭
    Kaz - how's your baby? The four leg one?
  • Options
    Radar Sal wrote (see)

Dannir - nice one.  Always good to have someone show us their bushes.

Didn't yer_maj once have to get a lad with a strimmer to tidy hers up?

• Options
    Radar SalRadar Sal ✭✭✭
    Yes she did it was too big even for mr maj.
  • Options
    E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

Danirr - it's good to hear that your son is getting better

MM - Great news about your mum

Weedy - I agree with you about distance. There are times when I feel very alone but Skype and phone calls always help.

Kaz - I had the same question as RS - how's the ickle one?

• Options

Bloody heck DLR.........

RS - He's lots better thanx. He had cut his paw, but BF being as blind as he is(and refusing to admit the fact) couldn't see it!!

• Options

Oh how we could descend into a pit of depravity with bush jokes today...  image

• Options

Maus and Dan..  that's great news that they are on the mend...

Skype is superb for closing the gap...   I use it a lot...   even just with my children within the house...!

Dannirr...   that garden needs a lot of looking after....!

• Options
    Radar Sal wrote (see)
    Yes she did it was too big even for mr maj.

Something rather more 'industrial' was required.....

• Options

Just spotted there were several pages I'd somehow missed before this one (I just saw 'bush' and looked no further...).

MM & Dan - great news on the continuing recoveries!

• Options
    Radar SalRadar Sal ✭✭✭
    He didn't have the right power tool.
  • Options

I still have a nagging temptation to pop down to that there Larnden, and free accomodation of any description certainly fans the flames of temptation, but there's no free parking or similar is there?

• Options
    Good luck Simon. I will be out for a jog about after I have watched London on the gogglebox image
  • Options
    Radar SalRadar Sal ✭✭✭
    There's parking out the back of mine. You'd be on the air bed in the lounge though and I'm south so would be a pain from leeds...if that's actually where you live...
  • Options
    Dirty Leeds Rob wrote (see)

I still have a nagging temptation to pop down to that there Larnden, and free accomodation of any description certainly fans the flames of temptation, but there's no free parking or similar is there?

Most people just have nagging wives...

Go on. Come. You know you want to.

• Options
    E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭
    Dirty Leeds Rob wrote (see)

Most people just have nagging wives...

I'm not going to lie - If I was given the option of sharing a bed with MM - I wouldn't be contemplating it... i'd be down there in a shotimage

• Options

I love it when you talk dirty.

Emmy H wrote (see)

I'm not going to lie - If I was given the option of sharing a bed with MM - I wouldn't be contemplating it... i'd be down there in a shotimage

And that's not helping. image

• Options
    Emmy H wrote (see)

This is getting interesting...   so..  Emmy is in bed with Maus...  and she is going 'down there'...  

*pulls up a chair, get a beer and some pringles and awaits further developments..*

• Options
    Dark Vader wrote (see)
    Emmy H wrote (see)

This is getting interesting...   so..  Emmy is in bed with Maus...  and she is going 'down there'...  

*pulls up a chair, get a beer and some pringles and awaits further developments..*

Snort!!!!!

• Options
    Radar SalRadar Sal ✭✭✭
    Aren't you meant to blow?
  • Options

Morning all

DV, budge over a bit

• Options

Right.. that's my coffee all over the keyboard image