Options

Who else gets up at stupid O clock to run ??

Comments

• Options

morning all

off to spinning and swimming today, might try to squeeze a run in as wellimage

• Options

Morning all - run and spin for me this morning, swim, yoga and T25 later. PSC pleeeease wear the hat and post a photo. I might see you at Waterloo tomorrow Chris. Hogs Back race tomorrow which for me is the official start of Christmas.

• Options

Good morning allimage

Park run sign duty this morning so 9 miles cycled and a total of 10 miles run including park run.

The new job is keeping me busy it seems like no soon than I am in from my morning run and am posting than its time to get ready or maybe I am dawdling. Either way got to be more efficient with my time so I can get back to T25 in the morning.

Psc think we need to see a photo of the hat +1

Kate and Chris good luck for tomorrow.

Birky Hope that snow didn't settle after all it would disturb the football fixtures.

• Options

Morning all

Bit of a pub crawl tonight (well two pubs anyway!) so well carbed up for the race tomorrow! 

10k run this morning with an extended stop to compare notes with another spaniel owner who's dog was also rescued and same age as Rusty. 

Those icy swims seem to have affected my hands in that they are now swollen and itchy.

From what I've found on the internet it's likely to be a condition called cold urticaria which is described on wikipaedia thus - 

Cold Urticaria (essentially meaning "cold hives") is an allergy where hives (urticaria) or large red welts form on the skin after exposure to a cold stimulus. The welts are usually itchy and often the hands and feet will become itchy and swollen as well. Hives vary in size from about 7mm in diameter to as big as about 27mm diameter or larger.

That'll teach me!!!

• Options
    Ooh that sounds nasty Chris. I hope it clears up quickly.

Good luck to racers today. I'm looking forward to mine. It will be nice and easy though. Cortisone injection booked for Wednesday. image
  • Options

Good luck PSC, Chris and the turkey, T25 done so I am going to run there and back to my race valis style.

• Options

good luck to the racers today 

Only Kate would do T25 before a race image

woke up will a sore throat so just stayed in bed for a bit - I always seem to get a sore back if I spend too long in bed though

Chris - interesting about the cold uticaria as the bottoms of my legs (not covered by my wetsuit) are always red and itchy after a cold water swim. I just ignore it and it goes after a while. Maybe you need some neoprene gloves if you are going to carry on with this cold water swimming lark through the winter!

• Options

good morning all image

20 miles done, only planned to do 18 so a bit smug and content with my efforts.

Birky, after yesterdays display my head was firmly in my hands.

Psc, Good luck today although the hat looks warm I think the drag factor may slow you down too much to race with it.

Chris, Despite the joking I was hoping you would go all the way through the winter and show the rest of us how soft we are. Are you going to continue with gloves or is that it till the spring comes?   

Kate, Way to go.

Maths, Hope your sore throat does not develop in to anything worse.  

• Options

12 miles in total, 1.01 or 2 for 7.5 hilly miles so pretty pleased. Swim after and now lunch, let the festivities begin (apart from the small matter of a marathon on the 22nd). Good smug work valis.

• Options

Great time Kate - there's no stopping you! Where's the marathon on 22nd?

Valis - don't worry, I'm on the antihistamines  so will be back in the lake in a day or two! Good distance by you today.

Had a good run out with Farnham Tri at the x-country race this morning. Completed the 4.5 miles in 37' and 178th out of however many runners there were.

• Options

Portsmouth. Come on Chris, you know you want to!

• Options

Tempted but it's full.

• Options

Morning you lot

A 4M Steady to ease into Monday.

NW: 1 owl, 3 dogs, 5 Christmas Trees, 1 cyclist

LMH: Some terrible defending on Sat by Blues.

Catch up time.

• Options
    530am530am ✭✭✭

Good Morning L&G

Portsmouth marathon full, that's a first. I'm only a few miles from the start so disappointed I'm away. It would have been such a doddle of a drive home unlike the 150 miles from Kent last weekend.

Anyway, paypal account has taken a battering, amongst other days of marafun I've booked three doubles and a triple......Really got to make sure the marathon spreadsheet is correct!

Chris, entering marathons is a race in itself.....

• Options

Just back from walking Geordie

GNW (Geordie Nature Walk !): 7 horses, 2 robin red breasts, 4 cracking large Christmas Fir Trees

• Options
    GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    Warm this morning but foggy, good job I never admire the view when I ride really.

What is T25 ?

I did a 25 mile TT 2 hrs before a CX race this year :??)
  • Options
    530am530am ✭✭✭

Gobi, when I met Kate last weekend she told me it was some weird stuff she did in the garage.....

• Options
    530am wrote (see)

Gobi, when I met Kate last weekend she told me it was some weird stuff she did in the garage.....

I don't think I want to know!

• Options

Oh, so that's what a T25 is...image

• Options

Pretty accurate, prancing around in the garage for T25 mins in front of a DVD where a shouty American man tells me to focus and I'll get a beachbody. Not quite bikini ready yet but getting there.... Just like valis.

• Options

Think i'll stick to Prancersise..

video

• Options
    530am530am ✭✭✭

It makes you wonder what she's doing with the DVD in the garage. Most people have their TV/DVD in the lounge.

It's very weird and I'm not at all comfortable with it.

• Options
    GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    Actually the best TV and Sky plus is set up in the training room in my house :??0
  • Options
    530am530am ✭✭✭

That's fine Gobi, "training room in my house".

It's when you set it up in the garage with the lawnmower, old paint pots and dirty old carpet from the spare room that it doesn't sit right with me....

• Options
    GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    Training room is still not a room we sit in, just lucky enough to have a conservatory dedicated to training which looks like a garage as it is full of tools and bikes :??)

The main living room up until recently had a 28 inch TV that was bigger backwards than the screen and no sky HD. Now has a 32 inch TV and skyHD but still lower spec than the training room :??)
  • Options
    530am530am ✭✭✭

I think I'd better quit now. She'll only whack me next year when I'm struggling in some excruciating marathon.

I think I'm in holiday mode.....

• Options

Hi

Can my fellow runners do me a favour? A friend of mine at my running club needs votes to get in Asics team for Paris Marathon. It only takes two seconds please click on the link and vote for Kirsty White

http://www.runnersworld.co.uk/target262/sub-330-finalists.aspx

Thanks

• Options

It's about to get weirder, when we bought the house we had the carpets replaced, the first thing Mr F did was to get the old bedroom carpet relaid in the garage. So, I prance on a naff blue carpet with several bikes, a lawnmower and fishing equipment looking on. Isn't it what all the cool kids do? Clearly not.....

• Options
    Sorry folks, rant coming up...

Mo, bugger off. All of your posts have been spam on random threads looking for support. If your mate has any mates he will be voted for. If he hasn't he won't. Tell your mate to get up and train in the dark and we might be interested. This is one of the things that is really getting up my tits about RW at the moment. Don't ruin this thread which is a safe haven from the normal garbage punted about in the vote for mememe thread.

/rant

Sorry!