Options

Asics262 - 2015

Comments

• Options

Malcs .. to be fair most of my comments are rubbish and I have nothing new to bring to the forums....wait for 2016 when i will be concentrating on marathons and a GFA  image

• Options
    I like your posts Seren, I think RW should have a 6th category this year. Follow Seren. It's be a winner. We could see how many people you could wind up along the way!
  • Options
    MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭

seren - awesome! Maybe 2016 could be the year you make it to bootcamp! image

I hope you change your mind about the probing questions. I'm with Superman, I like your posts too - and that you take the time to find out more about people.

mark - lol, yeah fair point, I did say it was epic! Actually you may not get that much of her story there. Might be better with her blog:

http://www.dreamingoffootpaths.co.uk

She's not paying me to promote her, honest!

Are you going to bootcamp?

• Options

Change of plan....freaked out by the frozen temps this morning and the thought of driving 170 miles at 5am in the morning...booked a hotel 8 mies from the stadium....won't get there till about 10.30 the night before but figured I'd rather be 8 miles away in bad weather than 170!!!!  

Still excited!!!! Hurry up Friday xx

• Options
    MinniMinni ✭✭✭
    Seren - I think we could do each other a favour in 2016. I feel a plan coming on...image
  • Options

good plan Andrea

Minni... I like the sound of your plan......would it involve cross mentoring  image 

• Options
    MinniMinni ✭✭✭
  • Options
    MinniMinni ✭✭✭
    There already seem to be a good mix of victims going to boot camp. The day always looks awesome so I'm sure it will be fun.

The voting was stressful last year - I'm definitely not getting so involved this year, although I guess it depends on who gets through. The 3:15-3:30 is always close to my heart.
  • Options

I'll give you that tenner later, Malcs, ok? image

It would be a shame if you weren't involved this year Seren ... the probing questions you ask always get the most interesting responses!!

• Options

See now I'd like to get through to answer a question from Seren!!!! image

• Options

Evening all!! 

• Options
    Evening Tigger!

Andrea - you'll have to ask Seren to start thinking up some nice difficult ones for you!
  • Options

Or maybe, because i live in Wales, and i'm presuming (although might be totally wrong) she does too (or at least has a vague connection there) she might go easy on me???  image  I like a good questioning though!!! 

• Options

Well that took some reading back! Nothing like joining a party late image

I'm lucky enough to be heading back to bootcamp on Friday! Really looking forward to meeting everyone! I was lucky enough to make it to the 2012 bootcamp had the best time!

Some of the forums have been great to follow....some not so much! 

Good luck everyone!!

ps...anyone in sub 4 category??

• Options

Hi Tigger - well done on bootcamp (again!). Looking forward to meeting you on Friday - I'm a first timer image 

• Options

Bugger I had hoped they had forgot to call anyone else in the sub 4 category image !! Joking...obviously!  I'll look forward to being in your group then Andrea!!

'First time Frocker' well thats a forum name if ever I heard one! 

• Options

Haha, Tigger. *updates settings* image 

• Options
    RunnyRunRun wrote (see)

I'll give you that tenner later, Malcs, ok? image

It would be a shame if you weren't involved this year Seren ... the probing questions you ask always get the most interesting responses!!

It does make me unpopular with quite a few as I think they take it personally. I did however ask similar or the same questions to all the candidates. If they took the question and went with it it gave them a chance to start discussions and get people on board at an early stage...

Yes Andrea   I am from south wales and we probably have people that we both know from running.. image

I am amazed at the number of people they have asked to go back to bootcamp who have already been before. Nothing personal on all you guys I hope you do well. But out of the thousands they say apply surely they could find some new hidden gems to have a turn. 

from past experience though at least one of those who are returning should make it through to the final 5. better odds than the London marathon   image

• Options

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it's me then Seren!image

• Options

Hopefully I'm a hidden gem too hehe!

• Options

and remember to be totally honest with the guys.   I seem to remember one year someone had entered for the first marathon category and actually got through to the final 5. when they discovered she had actually walked a marathon with a friend who had been ill or something. It was still in the first few days after selection and they booted her off which seemed really harsh as to me and to her she hadn't actually done a marathon....more of a sponsored walk to help a friend

• Options

Runnyrunrun have just started reading your Paris thread.  Although I shouldn't because if I don't get through again this year there might be tears!

• Options

Seren - that's unfortunate for her image 

Honesty is always the policy, plus my blog and my running apps have all the info needed on my running history! 

• Options

Good luck everyone for Friday- echo all the sentiments above. you'll have a great day, meet great people who will likely stay friends after.

superman- regarding the voting- I agree last year was far from ideal, but ".... I did speak with Andrea at RW about the voting given there were concerns over it last year and it will be decided more like 2012 competition...."

That wasn't completely transparent either- someone who got through got moved from a different category...

• Options
    MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭

Clive - yes, I'm not sure how that happened but clearly something went badly wrong. Yourself, Sarah and the others in your group were very hard done by. RW must have realised that they'd end up with too many people gunning for the same time. I reckon that's why they've returned to time based groups. 

No system is perfect though. 

At least with last year's system you knew where you stood when the time was up. Still, I don't think I could go through that stress again image

Tigger x wrote (see)

'First time Frocker' well thats a forum name if ever I heard one! 

lol image  Great to see you here Tigger!

Andrea - what part of Wales are you from?

seren - ha ha, better odds indeed! image

I think I can shed some light on the repeat bootcampers. I heard that they do the selection without looking at names or photos.

There are some initial filters first - for example, if you say you're currently injured then you go straight into the no pile. After that they go purely on what you've written in your little 'why pick me' blurb.

I suppose you could argue that they could then sift out anyone who has been before but every year they seem to have alot of good candidates who just miss out on the final 5. 

There has been one person who has been before for the last couple of years but this is the first time that I know of where there's been 3 or 4. 

• Options

I don't think having entered before should stop you getting through anyway, clearly we're keen beans and in my case, I am now gunning for a different target than last year so circumstances change!

• Options

I agree with Ruffles, even though I am a first timer I think it's fair that people who have entered and got through to different stages last year have the same right to get through this year/future years. It's clear from what Im reading by other bootcampers that we are all equally as hungry and excited to be part of bootcamp and one of the final 5!

• Options

No, I don't see why having been to bootcamp before should stop someone from being shortlisted again. They're likely to be stronger candidates! As Ruffles says, it shows they're keen beans (I love that phrase, might borrow it for the future!), and clearly the selection people saw something in those applicants before that they still see again, and it's probably just a case of bad luck that they didn't get picked for the final five before because of certain types of personality who also happened to be in the same process. If you see what I mean!

I realise I'm a newcomer to the forums, so wasn't posting on here last year when the competition was running, but I've been scrolling through past posts to read up on who was involved and how they got on - really loving Malcs and RunnyRunRun's threads in particular image

I've been a RW subscriber for a year or more (and a runner for a bit longer), and visited the forums from time to time as a lurker - but I've always been a bit nervous of joining the conversation before now, as it can be a bit intimidating suddenly joining an established group of people. But I hope that nobody would think that someone taking part in the Asics262 competition, who wasn't previously a regular forum poster, is any less of a serious runner image

Anyway, I've enjoyed the past few days on here and exploring other threads, and look forward to chatting with you all more on here. I'm glad I've now joined you on the forums image