Options

working at it slowly

Comments

• Options
    TubsterrTubsterr ✭✭✭

~~~~~~~~~~~ Mr Pippi~~~~~~~~~~

sluggy I do hope you hear from the pain clinic soon. Can you chivvy them on a bit? 

I'm glad to hear you've been able to maintain your ablutions Dragon image Shed Spiders are definitely humongous! We have similar ones in the stables - big enough to ride - or eat the Shetlands! 

we are off to the airport later, eye hospital tomorrow imageimage

Hoping to get an idea of when the stitches will come out.  Helpful to know for booking holidays to France! 

Rode Megs at Ballavartyn yesterday in the indoor arena, she went like a dream image she's settled in happily image The Shetlands have been mowing the back lawn image

((((( waisters ))))))

• Options

((((Tubs)))) Hope the trip is uneventful and the eye check gives you good news! A nice time with Meg should have set you up for more nice things image And do keep us updated with your French plans imageimage

+++++++++++++++Mr Pippi++++++++++++++

I'm sure all will go very well, but it's always nicer to have this sort of thing behind you. And Pipps, you are very wise to let your knee get properly better before you go back to chugging. Ask Nogs, he'll tell you!!

((((((Sluggie)))) That must be such a big let-down after waiting for so long for the trial. Hope the pain clinic now comes up trumps, because you must be dreadfully tired of hurting all the time. xxx At least those Leonbergers must have been a distraction, they look lovely----but BIG!!

(((Daffy's mouth)))) Sounds very ouchy image Hope he managed to do all the necessary. As for people who strew rubbish.....pah, as you would say yourself!! 

Sue, you must have made those workmen feel like slackers, with all you've been able to do. AND still have energy for the gym?!? Wonder woman, no doubt about it! xxxx

Meldy, I was on the RSPB site yesterday, and it looks like goldfinches have become quite rare, so you are definitely honoured! (Or they know what's good for them---take your pick! image

Cut-up morning. Went to doc (boys may want to look away now!) for boob check (alternates with mammograms  which are every other year):  parked the car, walked 200 yards to get the parking ticket (from dispensers along the road), and returned to put the ticket in the windscreen only to find I'd got a parking fine! Nice lady shouted from an upper window that the police were just down the road, so I pelted after them, waving my ticket and shouting that I couldn't be fined for not having a ticket when I was queueing to get one! In the end they withdrew the fine. Bliddy right too. Oh, and the boob check was fine image Now need to put my head down and finish reading a book of case reports from the 14th century---hope you all have equally enjoyable afternoons!

• Options
    SlugstaSlugsta ✭✭✭

Afternoon,

Vibe machine set to 'stun' for Tubs and Mr Pippi, I hope tomorrow goes as well as possible for both of you.

(((Daffs))), sorry that you have had such a traumatic day!

Chuggy, great to hear that all was well with the appendages - and that you got the parking ticket scrapped. The poliss sound a trifle over enthusiastic.

Pipps, I think you are very sensible to let the knee settle before you subject it to running again.

Noggs, I hope that the knee is improving in leaps and bounds - although I hope you are not trying to do any of those yet!

I'm getting used to these 'early' starts for MIL - although I will be glad when I don't have to do them,we were there at 8.30 again today. She made me laugh by saying that we have the system wrong and we should try starting from the end and working forward from there. When I asked 'the end of what?' she said that she was still trying to work that out image. Bless her, she's still with it most of the time but does have her moments - the other day she wanted to see the vicar to confess, she thought she had killed someone and put the blame on her eldest daughter image it must be very distressing to believe that of yourself but she did get over it pretty soon.

Then TM and I went and sat down by the river. It's looking very turgid and there wasn't much to see other than a glimpse of the heron. I think I will be giving my evening meeting a  miss as I am kanackered now image

(((WIN)))

WAIST well xxx

• Options
    SpenceSpence ✭✭✭
    Oh golly some poorly peeps.....

Daffs, that just sounds horrendous image I hope you're not in too much pain.

(((((Sluggie))))) wish they could get you sorted image. X

Thinking of you Tubbs, hope all goes well x

Hope all goes well for Mr Pippi tomorrow.

I have met with a PT today *shocked face*

I will have a taster session on Monday and then will book a block of sessions....I know what I need to do but am far too lazy to do it myself....so watch this space!!
  • Options

Morning each.

I made it home yesterday afternoon.  I had some food and was in bed just after 7 pm.

Good luck to Tubbs and Mr P today. And Daffs, I hope your day improves on yesterday.

A fab day to everyone else too.

• Options

Morning, Lord Nogs, good to see you and better to know you're home, though I imagine it's still pretty painful? Have they given you exercises to start with, or is it too soon? Whatever, hope you're comfortable and on the up!

(((((Sluggie)))) Am I right in thinking that you are having the trial ended today? If so I hope that (presumably much smaller) procedure goes easily and that you aren't totally exhausted afterward. MIL sounds as if she is keeping up well; even if occasionally she is painfully confused, your presence obviously steadies and lifts her. xxxx

+++++++++++++Mr Pippi+++++++++++++

Hope all goes perfectly. Lots of supportive vibes for him, you and the family. xxx

++++++++++Tubs' eyes+++++++++

Hopefully they will be the right 'shape' now and they should be able to say your vision will improve from here on out!!! xxxx

Spence, will be interested in how you find the PT, especially if s/he has ideas or insights that are new (as opposed to just keeping you at it! image Report back, please!

Off to a good start: I've washed my hair and got the first load in the dryer already. Sorting music in town (= an hour's pleasant cycle) and rehearsal tonight. Meanwhile, lots of admin to do so happy days to all (TGIF!!). xxx

• Options
    DLDL ✭✭✭

Morning

Hope all is well in operation April (((((~~~~Tubs, Mr P, Sluggy, Noggy~~~~~)))))) Are we getting discount for multiple ops?

And for the dental disasters((((Daffers)))

Hope the plumbing  is nearly reconnected Dragon - it's always a challenge timing the call of nature to the supermarket trip.

I have been up to Derbyshire and down to Somerset and now I'm back in the middle. Having watched the sunshine from meeting rooms and the car I am now home in the gloom. Typical!

But hoorah and falderee - it's Friday and just the little matter of about 8 hours of pretending to work until the weekend. Hope it's pain free and healthy

• Options

morning all

I've been popping in every day trying to read back and riunning out of time

so good morning all

(((((((poorly WAISters))))))

• Options
    Hiya

I've been absent again, snailymum was taken in hospital, just had the news that she had a massive heart attack and died last night. We are all in shock, I'm rushing round trying to get to stoke, snailynan is very ill too and worrying me.

My control has kicked in and I'm organising things around crying. My lovely new bloke is driving me all the way to stoke to be with my family so I'm not stuck on a train on my own.

Big hugs needed
  • Options

Morning team image

woken prematurely by by next doors dog who seems to have a persistent case of separation anxiety or is rehearsing for the next episode of The Voice ...will need to broach this one delicately as I know he is trying to settle him in, on the other hand he may always have done it, after all ...you wouldn't know would you?

im eating breakfast and the GPO as always is sat next to me ever hopeful of whatever it is I am eating. He is actually sat on my phone, my phone is on vibrate ...do I dare phone it??!!

• Options

Blimey Snaily, cross post there

love to you and your family x

• Options
    Pippi LSPippi LS ✭✭✭

(((((((Snaily)))))))

trcky times for Waisters atm! (((((((((All of us))))))))))

• Options
    DLDL ✭✭✭

((((((((((Snaily and family))))))))) so, so sorry to hear your news. Do let yourself cry - just try not to do the ugly cry in front of your new bloke!

(a little bit of humour might help in horrible times? If not - just ignore)

• Options
    I did say to new bloke I don't do pretty crying, I'm all snot and puffy eyes!
  • Options

(((((((Snails and family)))))))   that's tough news.

• Options

((((Snaily))))

• Options
    SlugstaSlugsta ✭✭✭

(((((((Snaily and family))))))) you are in our thoughts.

• Options
    SpenceSpence ✭✭✭
    ((((((((Snaily)))))))
  • Options
    Dr DaffsDr Daffs ✭✭✭

Goodness snaily ((((())))))))))))))))))) lots of love to all of you xx

• Options
    AmandaxAmandax ✭✭✭
    ((((Snaily))))
  • Options

((((Snaily)))) how awful xximage Take care of yourself, and let new bloke take care of you as best he can.

• Options

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Snaily )))))))))))))))))))))))

• Options
    Coco-CatCoco-Cat ✭✭✭

((((((((((((((((((Snaily and family)))))))))))))))))). So sorry to hear this news and for your loss.

(((((((((((((WIN)))))))))))

I've been lurking a little bit but been too busy to post.  So sorry that there are quite a few WAISTers having difficult times and I hope things get better for you all soon. Xx

• Options
    SpenceSpence ✭✭✭
    Gosh it's quiet today.

Snaily, been thinking about you all day, not the best of birthdays image

How's Mr Pippi?

~~~~~Sluggie~~~~

~~~~~~~Nogs~~~~
  • Options
    Pippi LSPippi LS ✭✭✭

Just back from visiting. All went well and I'm told how well he's doing. Most of the tubes are out, just a few monitors, and they want to put him on the ward (he's high dependency now) as soon as there's a bed! He looks well - says he's tired and in some pain though.

((((Snaily)))) ((((( Sluggie)))) ((((tubs)))) ((((Nogs)))) anyone else?

i had a short cyclette this morning ... 

• Options

(((((((((Snaily, Nan and family)))))) So sad to hear your news. Like DL says, let yourself cry----and new bloke sounds like a hero, so glad you aren't on your own to deal with things. It's doubly hard when it's such a shock as well as a loss, so be very, very gentle with yourself. xxxx

Pippi, glad to hear the news on Mr P is so good, he's obviously recovering very well tho I can imagine he's not feeling very great just yet. 

Tubs, glad you made it home. Hope the trip to the doc was worthwhile, at least, and that you can now relax for a while. xxx

(((((Sluggie))) Has the sensor come out yet? And what did they say about next steps? 

((((Nogs))) Hope you are on an upward path and starting to feel better every day. Do what HL says!

Mega-vibes are being sent from over here, lots of WAISters are in the wars just now, aren't they? xxxxxx

• Options

I think the WAISTer vibes are well tested this week

gorgeous 60 miles working on my cyclists tan today, was very rushed to get to where I needed to be at the right time, not helped by my hay delivery being an hour late !

tomorrow the Devon oldies are arriving, think they are setting off about 9 so I have time to sort the grey one out and hopefully go for a run before they arrive and then I shall be off to Essex for a 'do' for the afternoon ....

hope everyone is on the road to recovery 

• Options

I have only been in this thread for the last couple of weeks and have not been able to log in for the last few days, so forgive me for being a little out of touch with everybody. It does seem that some of the posters are having some tough times, so to all of you out there, keep your chin up and try to be positive and I hope everything works out well for you. 

• Options

Skippy, those of us who have been here a decade struggle to keep up some times .... Don't let it bother you image

• Options
    TubsterrTubsterr ✭✭✭

Aw Snaily image ((((((( huge hugs )))))))))

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Mr Pippi, Noggs knee ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

bit of a mare yesterday. Suffice to say we missed our flight home as we ended up waiting so long. ( managed to get the last available flight so did get home ) The Doc was very nice but inexperienced so didn't really get to grips with it at all. In the end my surgeon came to check my eye. Still healing but heading in the right direction. Months before he'll even think of starting to remove stitches. I have a new glasses prescription being made up, which, if they work will allow me to drive again. Fingers crossed. Excellent optician, who tested loads and says my brain is now ignoring my left eye as it's so bad! Back in July. 

(((((( waisters )))))))