Options

Sub 3.30 Tim: #asics262

Comments

• Options

Sounds like a good plan Sean hope I can find you before the start to have some company setting off for train in a min. 

• Options
    Carb load is going well, am still eating breakfast! so much so that I have missed jogging down to parkrun for a photo with my friend who is attempting the world superhero [as Spider not Super] record tomorrow [2:33 to beat and his PB under 2:17]...

I have a funny feeling that some of us may meet up during the run tomorrow, despite all this pen shennanigans. They have clearly gone a bit random.

BRB do not panic and please don't get yourself disqualified, head to the front of the Pen, wait til they lift the ropey thing away and then there's scope to edge forwards slghtly disproportionately.

But really....my first mile took over 9:30 last year, the first time I ever didn't dart around freaking out with HR about 210 I kid you not - and had a 3:54 PB. Was hitting 8:15 miling @ 21 miles, getting it all back.

It's counterntuitive I know, but this year I am definitely going to be going for the negative split if to sneak under 4.

The vast majority of less experienced runners go off far faster than is sustainable over the distance, so let's stay strong and tiptoe past them all around Canary Wharf
  • Options
    Mr PuffyMr Puffy ✭✭✭

HB bench outside the church on Blackheath (tbh there might be 2 be careful) 8:50 - 9:10 ish.

I suspect we'll want to be earlier than later?

• Options
    The carb load is well underway! Big bowl of granola and a bagel and jam so far... Plus mid morning snack of 3 Jaffa cakes and a large banana soon to be consumed! Don't worry RR, I definitely won't get myself disqualified...
  • Options

Malcs - Wardrobe sorted image

Black Saucony running vest and shorts, with white and Orange trim with White Deal Tri Logo. White and Blue trim ASICS cumulus running shoes.

• Options
    To all the runners tomorrow best wishes for race strategies going to plan and success whatever your goal is.

Stay warm and dry before the off, it won't matter once you get going.

Enjoy!
  • Options
    Will be watching from home on tv tomorrow.Good luck with the eating and better luck running to one and all.

First run since Sunday today.Norwich parkrun 19.07 new PB.
  • Options

Have taken self to a dark room to lie down... Eeeeeeeek!!

• Options
    Brilliant Martin, absolutely brilliant!!
  • Options

Well done Martin - guess I should try and run a PArkRun next Saturday!

Angela - would love a lie down to, but my wife's at work all day, so been chasing round after the kids. Although just had 90 mins on the soda with my lad watching - Paul Bart Mall Cop, which made him chuckle.

Can anyone recommend any films to watch tonight, whilst I chill before tomorrow?

• Options

That should have read sofa not soda (bloody ipad) 

all I've been drinking today is water. honest. image

• Options

Run fat boy run !!!

• Options
    Angela - is that your film recommendation for tonight or encouragement for tomorrow's race lol
  • Options
    I'm contemplating an evening on the soda Sean!! I have no choice this evening, we're watching Grease. Again!! Luckily Olivia NJ is easy on the eye.
  • Options
    Cheers guys,yes do a park run next week the pains not as long!

Tim good film ready for Sunday go grease lightning ???

Angela may the force be with you now you've come back from the dark side.
  • Options

Sorry I did have a little break down when I got in but now I've put my kit on, got the gels ready, number pinned and timing chip on, feeling calmer now- it was potentially the effect of 2 cups of ribena in a row!

well done on ur PR Martin- what's the course likein Norwich 

sean that's my film recommendatio- a Simon pegg one v funny 

• Options

I watched a film called Chef which was quite sweet, easy watching. I hope to catch you all in the morning but it's also my birthday so I may have to open a few cards! If I don't see you at the bench good luck to you all, I hope everyone gets their PB and goal image

• Options
    Norwich parkrun 3.5 laps round Eaton park on pathway. Flat but bit narrow lapping runners. Came 15th today of 442 runners. There are another two just outside Norwich one on grass up and down I've run it.
  • Options
    Off to the B&B now - see you all tomorrow, well at least some of you I hope x
  • Options
    MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭

Sorry, bit short on time.

I will be near the 10 mile marker on the right hand side. Look for the Swiss flag just after you pass under the big footbridge. I'll be near the barriers opposite the school.

After that I'll cross on the river boat to the isle of dogs around the 15 mile mark on the left after you emerge from the underpass roundabout.

Sense - 10 mile marker is quite quiet. Not sure about 8 miles, that might be ok but around Surrey Quays shopping centre has been very busy in previous years.

You're more than welcome to join me at mile 10. Look for the flag image

I'm heading for the Chandos after if anyone fancies meeting up. I'm seeing Shady Ady there and hopefully Angela and several others. Will probably be there from around 2pm onwards.

Good luck everyone. Hope to see you at the bench. Will be there around 8:50/8:55.

• Options

Expo done first thing, carbs loaded (and still going) kit ready.... phew!

hopefully see you at the bench tomorrow but if not, massive good luck.  I hope your race goes well. I forget how special this race is, we're privileged to be part of it. However if I forget that my husband has agreed to write 'don't be shit' on my arms!

malcs, I'll keep an eye out. My husband is half Swedish so that should make the flag easier to remember!

• Options
    Good luck to all you VLMers! Can't wait to hear how you all get on. I'm flying back from Austria tomorrow so I'll be on that iplayer as soon as I get in.
  • Options

Pretty sick of carbs now. Bag packed, I think. Bound to have forgotten something. Panic setting in. How wet will it be? What extra dry clothes do I take? Will I make it to the bench and back to the green start in time? Will I uphold the honour of the forum and "not be shit" What if, what if !!!

Breathe and relax. Whatever will be will be. I intend to enjoy the experience and have a blast. Now where are those jaffa cakes?

Hope to see some of you at the bench but who knows. Good luck and best wishes one and all. xx

• Options
    Feels like it's been a proper busy but enjoyable day, did the expo, cruise and London eye, all fed and watered and winding down now. I'm in pen 4 btw so will aim to catch up at the bench if on time. Good luck everyone and enjoy.
  • Options

Ran today's parkrun sans buggy with a dodgy quad and poor warmup. 19:52 and there was fuel left in the tank. Seems like one week post marathon is a good time to do a parkrun effort. Should have pushed harder!

London app stacked with runners to follow, none of whom shall be deemed shit! Awesome battle cry!

Have a great day tomorrow.

• Options
    FreemersFreemers ✭✭✭
    On my way into London. But I'm going to London Bridge and can't get to Blackheath from there. So will be going direct to Maze Hill and Green. Sorry to miss the bench but I'll look out for the Swiss PM at mile 10 image
  • Options
    sensesense ✭✭✭
    Good luck everyone! I'll probably be at about 8.5 miles on left hand side - tall, in yellow hi-vis cycling jacket. (Though might relocate to Swiss 10m marker if it turns out it might be better viewing there) Conditions looking good I reckon, go for it!
  • Options
    Mr PuffyMr Puffy ✭✭✭

I AM AT THE BENCH!!!!!!

• Options
    FreemersFreemers ✭✭✭
    First to report in....3.13.43 chip time. Can't quite believe I actually did it, particularly as my first half was too quick and I really had to hold it together. But never felt the sub 3.15 was slipping away and I was grinning down the Mall. As I looked at the clock I was then wanting to go sub 3.14 which is daft really but it made me put a bit of a spurt on!

I haven't looked anyone up yet but did see Slowkoala at the end and she had a brilliant run too. But looking forward to reading all the reports - I'll write up something longer later in the week. But right now I'm heading home for food and vino image