Options

Paris Marathon 2017

Comments

• Options
    Baldstan - Thank you and hang in there re; Berlin 2017 as there could be a group forming for a package deal tour in the New Year.

I am thinking about the Cambridge Boundary Run (Full) as a practice session for London and I will then be looking to do another Marathon in 2017. I would like to run the Liverpool Marathon but that is the day before the Vitality London 10K and I will not afford to be able to do both.

Also been considering the New Forest Marathon, Snowdonia (Unlikely unless I can gain late entry from a transfer), Loch Ness, Birmingham, Bournemouth, York.
  • Options

Hi smudger it's been a while sorry to hear about mum it must be a tough time for all of you at the moment. Congrats on getting into London I lost out in the ballot for London and Berlin but have now got into Berlin by promising to raise £500 for prostrate cancer and paying the £20 registration fee.

I have entered Manchester, Yorkshire and Birmingham marathons for next year and hopefully see you at one of them. Since I last spoke to you I did the Amsterdam marathon and had a great time. Hope your injury is ok now!

Baldstan- I am also going to try for New York but if no luck I will go to Valencia and run that hopefully!

• Options

Hi List fairy- could you put me down for Berlin marathon on 24th September. Thanks.

• Options
    TTTT ✭✭✭

Thanks slinkyminky, well done on BQing. I was warned about the changes to the times as people registered so I am aiming for 15-20 mins quicker. However I am just receiving from injury when I ended up at A&E so I will just have to see. Good to know that if I train and have the ability it is possible at Paris. 

• Options

Hi List Fairy could you add my name to Heartbreaker Half Marathon 26 Feb and the Birmingham Marathon Oct 15. I am afraid I haven't been following the forum much, or running for that matter, I had the whole of September off and have just timetabled a training schedule for Paris which starts next week and is why I entered the Heartbreaker in Feb. All this talk of Boston qualifying makes me feel very slow as my present pace is about a minute/mile slower than this time last year!

• Options

AspirantRunner - If it makes you feel any better I've twice ran PB's in Paris after being in awful form through December/January.

• Options
    EHNEHN ✭✭✭

Hello all,     

Having risen from my 5months of general slovenliness , I attacked my programme(which I have to say is very unlike me) and hence am now just recovering from mild lower hamstring tendonitis-BUT all good... my  'new' first day will definitely be this week.

Looking forward to hearing how you are all getting on and this year will try and keep up

List Fairy might you pls add me to

Paris   -63577-GREY

Brighton Half 26th Feb

Thank you  image

• Options
    NellsNells ✭✭✭

Hello everyone! I've been a bit lax with list posting lately sorry, a bit too much going on at the moment! Let me know if I've missed anything to add...

Dec 18: Portsmouth Coastal Waterside - Nodster, Loubella, TBO2.
    Dec 26: Klammlauf - Franz Wanzenboeck.
    Dec 27: Staplehurst 10 miler - Bandito27.

Jan 1: Roundman's birthday.
    Jan 3: OO52's birthday.
    Jan 7: Polar Night Half Marathon - LloydR
    Jan 8: Temple Newsam 10 - Andy-W-, Karen Bowman 2.
    Jan 12: Orbutt's birthday.
    Jan 15: Yer Maj's birthday. Brass Monkey Half Marathon - Andy-W-.
    Jan 30: Stuchbury's birthday.
    Feb 5: Dewsbury 10K - Andy-W-.
    Feb 10: Emmy's birthday.
    Feb 19: Hampton Court Half - Franz Wanzenboeck.
    Feb 26: Brighton Half Marathon - baldstan, EHN. Heartbreaker Half Marathon - AspirantRunner.
    Mar 1: Radar Sal's birthday.
    Mar 5: Pafos Marathon - Andy-W-. Milton Keynes 20 miles - Christopher Field. St Helens 10K- ryantilley.
    Mar 12: Bath half - Christopher Field. Southend-on-Sea Marathon - kenno. North London Half Marathon - ryantilley.
    Mar 19: Reading Half - The Jimbob. Alloa Half - KennyM.
    Mar 25: Leggy Mountbatten's birthday.
    Apr 2: Manchester Marathon - Andy-W-, Karen Bowman 2, Christopher Field.
    Apr 3: Betzza’s Birthday.
    Apr 7-17: Marathon des Sables - Dannirr, Nodster.
    Apr 9: Paris Marathon
    Apr 10: Kaz's birthday.
    Apr 11: Chris Morgan's birthday.
    Apr 17: Boston Marathon - Slinkyminky.
    Apr 23: Kirsten Lancs Lass' birthday. London Marathon - The Jimbob, agentpenguin, LeggyMountbatten, Smudgerncfc. Hamburg Marathon - KennyM.
    Apr 24: Picklelily's birthday.
    Apr 26: Nells' birthday.
    May 1: Milton Keynes Marathon - Christopher Field.
    May 14: Leeds Half Marathon - Andy-W-.
    May 15: Scott W's birthday.
    May 17: Simon Mac's birthday.
    May 20: TBO2's birthday.
    May 27: Kent Roadrunner Marathon - Nodster.
    May 28: Liverpool Rock n Roll Marathon - Andy-W-, Orbutt, LeggyMountbatten. Liverpool Rock n Roll Half - Christopher Field.
    May 29: Vitality 10,000 - The Jimbob, Nells.
    Jun 1: Penny71’s birthday.
    Jun 2: Eggy's birthday.
    Jun 11: Bahtat marathon - Karen Bowman 2.
    Jun 23: Nodster’s birthday.
    Jun 25: Keyser Suze's birthday.
    Jul 9: Leeds 10k - Andy-W-.
    Jul 20: Meadower's birthday.
    Jul 28: ATM's birthday.
    Aug 4: Uisge Jo's birthday.
    Aug 6: York 10K - Andy-W-.
    Aug 18: Andy W’s birthday.
    Sep 4: Benign Murmurring's birthday.
    Sep 16: PC's birthday, Mrs O's birthday.
    Sep 24: Berlin Marathon - Slinkyminky, LeggyMountbatten, Christopher Field.
    Sep 26: Hayley B's birthday.
    Oct 6: Slinkyminky's birthday.
    Oct 8: Yorkshire Marathon - Andy-W-, Christopher Field.
    Oct 15: Birmingham Marathon - Christopher Field, LeggyMountbatten, AspirantRunner.
    Oct 22: Great South Run - Loubella.
    Oct 30: Orapidrun's birthday.
    Nov 6: Danni's birthday.
    Nov 25: Jimbob's birthday.

Apr: Two Oceans

• Options
    TBO2TBO2 ✭✭✭

hi Nells! Can you add me to the vitality 10k on 29th May. will see you there!

• Options
    Hi folks. Last long training run done of my rather truncated, back from injury, 7 week training plan for Portsmouth on Sunday. Now, if I can just keep the worst of my disease-ridden colleagues away this week, I might just make it round...
  • Options
    TBO2TBO2 ✭✭✭

Running Rodent looking forward to seeing you at Portsmouth! I'm in the 'just make it round' category also!

• Options

Thanks smudger, I'll not give up on Berlin just yet then. Hope the Turkey Trot went well at the weekend. And EHN, good to know there'll be another forum member running the Brighton Half before Paris.

Chris 1875, don't think I could manage as many marathons in such a short space of time as you, I need plenty of recovery time. But I might do the South Downs Midnight Marathon in August to space them out over the next year. Just have to make sure I get a really good head torch so I don't trip over.

The Vitality 10K sounds tempting too. Does anyone know when it's likely to sell out? It's half term then and I can't commit just yet until I know what my kids are doing that week.

• Options

I see it is just about the beginning of a festive week, so I thought I'd pop my head in and wish many old friends a very happy Christmas.

Running isn't something I can do like I did before, but I have a tradition of doing a half marathon distance on my birthday (at the end of the year)...so I realise I've got to pull out the stops to be able to cover that sort of distance now on 2 legs.

I expect this time tmrw to be suffering a lotimage

I hope you've all been good this year and you can expect to find something nice in your stockings (apart from strong runner's legs)image

• Options
    TTTT ✭✭✭

Is it just me or is anyone else now counting down? Redshirt ordered, hotel booked and a reminder on my calender for when the train tickets go on sale. Just need to sort the injury and do some training! Managed 10 miles today, very slow but the legs coped. Gave me the perfect excuse to eat the mince pies this afternoon, I adore shutting the curtains, switching on the lights and eating mince pies, makes running so worthwhile!! How is everyone else managing? 

• Options
    TTTT ✭✭✭

Tee shirt even!!

• Options
    NellsNells ✭✭✭

Hello Tricky! Nice to see you here... how are the legs today?

Well done to Noddy on his 20th of the year last year, and everyone who ran with him. Rumour has it there was a bit of a crowd... image

• Options
    NellsNells ✭✭✭

If anyone would like and event or happening added to the list, please let me know. For all newcomers, this is a good way to see if there will be anyone at the same event as you and either plan to meet up or spend a race avoiding them image

Dec 26: Klammlauf - Franz Wanzenboeck.
    Dec 27: Staplehurst 10 miler - Bandito27.

Jan 1: Roundman's birthday.
    Jan 3: OO52's birthday.
    Jan 7: Polar Night Half Marathon - LloydR
    Jan 8: Temple Newsam 10 - Andy-W-, Karen Bowman 2.
    Jan 12: Orbutt's birthday.
    Jan 15: Yer Maj's birthday. Brass Monkey Half Marathon - Andy-W-.
    Jan 30: Stuchbury's birthday.
    Feb 5: Dewsbury 10K - Andy-W-.
    Feb 10: Emmy's birthday.
    Feb 19: Hampton Court Half - Franz Wanzenboeck.
    Feb 26: Brighton Half Marathon - baldstan, EHN. Heartbreaker Half Marathon - AspirantRunner.
    Mar 1: Radar Sal's birthday.
    Mar 5: Pafos Marathon - Andy-W-. Milton Keynes 20 miles - Christopher Field. St Helens 10K- ryantilley.
    Mar 12: Bath half - Christopher Field. Southend-on-Sea Marathon - kenno. North London Half Marathon - ryantilley.
    Mar 19: Reading Half - The Jimbob. Alloa Half - KennyM.
    Mar 25: Leggy Mountbatten's birthday.
    Apr 2: Manchester Marathon - Andy-W-, Karen Bowman 2, Christopher Field.
    Apr 3: Betzza’s Birthday.
    Apr 7-17: Marathon des Sables - Dannirr, Nodster.
    Apr 9: Paris Marathon
    Apr 10: Kaz's birthday.
    Apr 11: Chris Morgan's birthday.
    Apr 17: Boston Marathon - Slinkyminky.
    Apr 23: Kirsten Lancs Lass' birthday. London Marathon - The Jimbob, agentpenguin, LeggyMountbatten, Smudgerncfc. Hamburg Marathon - KennyM.
    Apr 24: Picklelily's birthday.
    Apr 26: Nells' birthday.
    May 1: Milton Keynes Marathon - Christopher Field.
    May 14: Leeds Half Marathon - Andy-W-.
    May 15: Scott W's birthday.
    May 17: Simon Mac's birthday.
    May 20: TBO2's birthday.
    May 27: Kent Roadrunner Marathon - Nodster.
    May 28: Liverpool Rock n Roll Marathon - Andy-W-, Orbutt, LeggyMountbatten. Liverpool Rock n Roll Half - Christopher Field.
    May 29: Vitality 10,000 - The Jimbob, Nells, TBO2.
    Jun 1: Penny71’s birthday.
    Jun 2: Eggy's birthday.
    Jun 11: Bahtat marathon - Karen Bowman 2.
    Jun 23: Nodster’s birthday.
    Jun 25: Keyser Suze's birthday.
    Jul 9: Leeds 10k - Andy-W-.
    Jul 20: Meadower's birthday.
    Jul 28: ATM's birthday.
    Aug 4: Uisge Jo's birthday.
    Aug 6: York 10K - Andy-W-.
    Aug 18: Andy W’s birthday.
    Sep 4: Benign Murmurring's birthday.
    Sep 16: PC's birthday, Mrs O's birthday.
    Sep 24: Berlin Marathon - Slinkyminky, LeggyMountbatten, Christopher Field.
    Sep 26: Hayley B's birthday.
    Oct 6: Slinkyminky's birthday.
    Oct 8: Yorkshire Marathon - Andy-W-, Christopher Field.
    Oct 15: Birmingham Marathon - Christopher Field, LeggyMountbatten, AspirantRunner.
    Oct 22: Great South Run - Loubella.
    Oct 30: Orapidrun's birthday.
    Nov 6: Danni's birthday.
    Nov 25: Jimbob's birthday.

Apr: Two Oceans

• Options
    TBO2TBO2 ✭✭✭
    Nells there was a crowd and we all had a great time! I enjoyed the course, sort of, really glad it was dry!
  • Options

TT - There were quite a few of us in Portsmouth this weekend running with (well mostly way behind) and supporting Noddy at the marathon there. A lot of us had been looking forward to that weekend, so for me Paris thoughts start now!

Great to meet up with everyone this weekend in Portsmouth. Now I've figured out how to run a relaxed and stress free marathon and only be five minutes slower than my PB pace. I just need to chat to someone the whole way around, and go on holiday to Thailand for three weeks to stuff my face six weeks out from the event. I'll set up a page for anyone wanting to donate to send Eggy to the other side of the world to not run, just eat, taper plan!

• Options
    EHNEHN ✭✭✭

Portsmouth sounded amazing..well done all and ofcourse Noddy..legend!!!!

baldstan wrote (see)

Thanks smudger, I'll not give up on Berlin just yet then. Hope the Turkey Trot went well at the weekend. And EHN, good to know there'll be another forum member running the Brighton Half before Paris.

Yes a few us of are running...last year was enjoyable if not bracing. Hope to meet up with you pre gun/pro finish Baldstan

• Options

Hello everyone. I've caught up with everything I think. Well done on the PBs that have been tumbling recently. Nothing in that league to report here but perhaps in the new year once I've planned my races.

I'm intrigued by the Birmingham marathon...

• Options

Hello Tricky!! How was the run?

• Options
    Merry Christmas to all runners and non-runners!
  • Options

Portsmouth was indeed amazing.

• Options

Wow what an epic weekend in Portsmouth, I really loved it and that's all down to you wonderful people who made it soooo much more than a race. 

Congratulations Noddy. 

On another note, for those of you who ordered 'Where the Foch?' T-shirts, these are being shipped from our supplier to me tomorrow, then I'll have a joyful admin day packaging these up and sending them out to you image I love this sort of thing! 

So payment details will be falling into your inboxes, they work out at £10 for tees/vests, and £12 for long sleeved. This includes UK postage, and is a good bit cheaper than we'd hoped!! 

• Options
    TBO2TBO2 ✭✭✭
    Thanks Natty, looking forward to them!
  • Options
    Thanks Chris and Baldstan.

Tbe Turkey Trot went ok. I was pacing a girl who was one of the beginners at Waveney Valley AC this summer. It was the first time that she ran 10 miles and we had a target of 1:30 which she just missed out on, coming home in 1:32 something after tiring over the last two or three miles. She done extremely well though dressed as an elf.

I was also one of the many who joined Noddy and ran the first few miles of the Portsmouth Marathon with him before him and Rich disappeared over the mud of the first beach. I was pleased with my run and really should have PB'd, but needing to visit the Gents during tbe 23rd mile I was tempted in to a local pub. Finished in 4:09:25 after a 15 minute pub/toilet stop. I did cramp up badly around the 18th mile I think it was, when first Jimbob and then shortly afterwards Eggy passed me, but considering where I was with my injury a few months ago I ran well for the majority of Sunday's run on a challenging course. It gives me something to work on in the build up to London.

Had a really great weekend in Portsmouth and have been having Marathon withdrawal symptoms since arriving back home.

Need to get myself booked up for the Cambridge Boundary Run Marathon soon and I am even considering running tbe Bungay Black Dog Marathon rather than the Half on 2nd April, if I decide that is the best option for me 3 weeks before London.

Perhaps I should check the Charity places out for Berlin?
  • Options
    LloydRLloydR ✭✭✭

Just noticed that Paris marathon entries are still open at the 3rd tier price which I believe indicates it is the last batch of a few thousand. The past few years have seen the race sold out by November time. I'm thinking most people have started training by now for their Spring marathon or are getting ready to do so. I wonder why it hasn't filled this time around.

• Options
    The decrease in the cost of the GBP to the Euro could have had an impact upon numbers applying from the UK maybe? I wonder how many places are left?

No, that isn't me thinking about a late entry!

Could still be a similar number who actually run it. 50,000 applications last year with 42,000 runners. Perhaps this year they still have 2,000 places left but may still have close on 42,000 runners? Will be of interest to see how many people actually run it.
  • Options

Happy New Year Everyone.

My Paris training started on Monday and feeling motivated about it all at the moment. The base is already laid as i'd joined the fun running Portsmouth Waterside - i'd had the summer off after London/Paris in April. Didn't train particularly hard but did make sure i did my long slow runs. I was only 14 mins off my PB there in the end! 

LloydR - reckon they've increased the size again and i'd image quite a few British people aren't travelling because of the drop in the Pound.