How do you carry your phone during your run?

2»

Answers

• I use a gym sack, which is cheaper and more convenient than a belt. I could also stick my keys in and a hoodie, if it gets cold or wet. Plus the gym sack is a good alternative to a weighted vest.
  • Waist pack for me with a few gels and cash. Only carry my phone when doing events though
  • Honestly I don't take it from the home. Because my trouser has no pockets.
  • > @b3nb123 said:
    > I did switch to a running belt, but most of the time I want to carry a few gels, and there's not a lot of room for a phone! Also, hard to get the phone out to change tracks, get a photo etc!

That's exactly the trouble I have at the moment, I don't know what to do with my phone because I can be fussy on the day with music tracks. At the moment I'm carrying my phone, which isn't ideal.
  • Leave the headphones at home and run without music. No fuss. Much nicer !
  • I'm a bit old school . Never take a phone on runs , I'm training ffs not going out for a chat . I get the safety aspect of it if running in remote areas etc but in 30 odd yes of running I've had 1 occasion where it would've been useful to me so I'll take those odds. As for listening to music whilst running don't get me started. For training ok if you want but should never be allowed in races , for me dealing with the monotonous boredom of mile after mile without outside stimulus is part of what us crazy distance runners are meant to deal with
  • How about one of these, then you can listen to music, phone friends, listen to music, order online,olisten to music, take selfies, listen to music, etc. https://www.amazon.com/Livestream-Gear-LS-Chest-Chest-Gooseneck/dp/B00VGJKM4I then after a couple of hours leaning by the front gate, call it a day and go back in to shower.
  • Don’t ?
  • I use my Garmin 235 to track my runs, but i do take my phone (just in case needed). I'll hold it in hand on a short run but then put it in a waist/bum bag on longer runs.
    Mosr Recent Event: Swansea Half Marathon June 24th 2018
    Current Shoe: Saucony Guide 9 & 10
  • espenhbespenhb ✭✭✭
    Depends on the run. Short one? I'll hold it in my hand with a small plastic bag covering it. Running to work? I'll put it in my backpack with the rest of the stuff I need to carry with me running to work. Longer one? Then I'm carrying a belt with a few flasks anyways, and the one I got has a small pocket where keys and the phone fits.

I like having something to listen to while running. Be it a podcast or music. Not so much for the intensity-stuff, more for the long steady miles. Come to think about it; I like having something to listen to all the time, be it at home, work or while working out.
  • Small expandable waist belt!
  • rodeofliprodeoflip ✭✭✭
    Bedside table.
  • Zip up pocket in shorts (see zip off North face walking trousers).
  • senidMsenidM ✭✭✭
    In my shorts, fits in the key pouch you usually get on all shorts - but then its a tiny Samsung clam circa 1999 - I can make phone calls on it but FA else - Isn't that the main purpose? :/
  • YnnecYnnec ✭✭✭
    edited January 14
    Don't bother on day to day runs, but if I'm doing a bit of Parkrun tourism, I put my keys and phone in a Spibelt.
  • Is there watch that works with nikerunning and spotify so a mobile isnt needed ? (new) 
  • YnnecYnnec ✭✭✭
    Elmo007 said:
    Is there watch that works with nikerunning and spotify so a mobile isnt needed ? (new) 
    Nope. That's some next-gen shizzle.