Thursday 7th June 2018 Change your heart

alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
edited June 2018 in Training
Morning!

Lyrics are: Change your heart, look around you

Yesterday's lyrics were Start Me Up, The Rolling Stones

What: gentle fitness suite this evening

Why: trying to learn to back off from running a little. Achilles and now knees are niggly!

Looks like another hot sunny day. Hope it still is after work.

Wabo: Assembly League?
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• BenjyBenjyBenjyBenjy ✭✭✭
    Welsh: Do hope you are up out and running today.

Was travelling to different county yesterday for work, back better now, popped to gym at about 8ish last night to get some pyramid training and stretching done, didn't argue with stretch reflex this time.

June is silly season for me with work, I visit a number of HE colleges in other counties to moderate work (end of Semester 2 month) in addition to my regular day to day work, so will probably be a bit quiet at times.

What: Lunchtime 7 or 8 miler, cliffs or woods can't decide as of yet

Why: Being static is tragic

Lyrics: Bless you Ale and thank you. I was singing to this with great gusto in the car yesterday. Did you have Steve Wright on yesterday by any chance?

• Sorry to hear that Alehouse but I know you'll do the right thing.

It's not good when work stops play Benjy but a necessary evil.

It's coming out nice here again. Yesterday late afternoon was lovely and warm so we had a wander and a sit on the beach (though no swim - it wasn't quite that warm) - then again after dinner as it was just too nice to stay in. Despite not actually going for a walk according to my Garmin I covered over 12 miles yesterday (plus my run) - I'm not sure how it all adds up but will try to do less today though it's difficult when the weather and location are so inviting - and I do want us to enjoy our holiday.

What:             short and easy
    Why:              tapering
    Last hard:      tapering
    Last rest:       4/5

Lyrics - yes.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Perhaps something gentle.
    Dirty 30 on Saturday, head off tomorrow morning
    Last hard Sunday
    Last rest Tuesday
    Lyrics no

Midge repellant and nets packed!
  • DubaiDaveDubaiDave ✭✭✭
    Morning

OH: dirty 30 sounds horrid if midges are involved, good luck

BB: good to hear all well again

LMH: The rest of the week is forecasted to be a bit cooler..... good running weather. Just got my number pick up instructions for Yeovil, I have to be there 1.5 hours before the start of the half..... theres not a lot to do in Yeovilton!

AH: take care of those niggles.

What: might swim at lunchtime, club track session tonight. The track is grass and on a slope which makes 200m bloody hard work and the return easy, its running the top corner on a uphill which kills you.

Why: no tartan tracks around here, how I miss Dubai. Same goes for the pools....thats what i really miss

Last Hard: Tuesdays hills

Lyrics: not a clue
  • Mark's the same DD though he'd have to be there to take me anyway. It looks as though they are laying on entertainment and catering though I'm not sure it when it will start. I expect Mark will pass the time by sitting in the car and playing/reading on his phone..... A track on a slope is unusual. The Met Office is forecasting a high of 22C for Yeovilton on Sunday - I guess your idea of cool after living in Dubai is a little different  :)

Enjoy the easy OH.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning
    Ale - take it easy, although I know that is tricky
    Benjy - if it wasn't for work getting in the way (and a lack of talent) I'd be a professional runner
    OH - sounds like the 30 will be fun! Good luck!
    DD - sounds an 'interesting' track. The grass one's I've encountered have at least been placed on something approaching a flat piece of ground! Still makes it interesting!

What - coaching the little people. No car so running to-from the station to the track (2 miles each way)
    Why - running again
    last rest - Last Friday
    last hard - Tuesday
    lyric - don't think so
  • StrayceltStraycelt ✭✭✭
    Morning all. Good running/races over the weekend. Liking that sub 88 Donaldo. Good effort DD. Some great miles going in despite the aches and pains. Benjy watch that back or tkd will bite you. WP mend well. Emz glad it went so well. Last Saturday's parkrun was shaping up for SB when SVT bounced in forcing a timeout. Gutted, so got under control and jogged to finish. Travelled to Spain and gave myself Sunday off. Beach running has been fun and interesting with sand not as firm as expected near the water and the camber affecting gait and stride. Doing out and backs so balancing out the strains. Having to slow down as it is both tougher than trail and more annoying to niggly achilles but still very enjoyable. Clear skies and sun but it's been very windy on Costa del Sol dragging the temperature down by as much as 10 degrees!
    What: Sunny 6
    Why: Feel like it
    Last Hard: Tuesday
    Last Rest: On it
    Lyrics: Yes
    May be away for another couple of days. Stay fit and happy people. 
  • DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭
    Sounds nice SC, although shame about the wind.  Mrs Donaldo is just back from Lanzarote and she had cloud and high winds for most of the break - shame.  

Strange old week week so far.  Half marathon clearly took a lot out of me.  4 miles on Monday, went to club training on Tuesday but dropped out with a headache of all things.  Starting to worry that I am starting to get migraines.  We'll see.  Achilles remains tight and sore but essentially manageable - no better but no worse than it’s been for a fortnight.  Rest yesterday and a quick 4 miles in the last hour or so.  Sunny day.

DD, our school grass track has a slight slope at one corner, can be annoying!

Lyrics, yes, that’s two this week! 
  • WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭
    Afternoon

Still no run BUT tomorrow will be the day I got up to go this morning but felt so weary I went back to bed for a good few hours,So an easy day today ready for tomorrow.The positive is my achilles niggle has cleared up:-) aches are less achy so watch this space;-)

Benjy: How is your back?

SC:I bet beach running is different to back home.....

ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression