Options

The Thousand mile club - 2020

Comments

• Options
    Did a treble 10km on the treadmill yesterday (18.64 miles) which made my

YTD = 1000.62 miles

Hope if I am excused a day off today to concentrate on my garden walking

Analysing my first week of walking stats but can tell everyone I did 127.08 miles
  • Options
    Well done Harmander, excellent effort. Very best off luck with the rest of the Garden walk.
  • Options
    DubairunnerDubairunner ✭✭✭
    Well done Harmander, first past the post again. 
  • Options
    Hobie 1495Hobie 1495 ✭✭✭
    David, work sound far from ideal, hope your employer gets that sorted soon. Our work has a Stop initiative so anyone can call a stop if something seems unsafe...done it myself...always good, no blame just take a minute to think things through.
    Gorgeous run today, great to see West Wales beaches completely free of people on a hot bank holiday weekend...people being sensible. 
    497 miles YTD...500 tomorrow. 
  • Options
    Did 3.49 miles on the sand yesterday, not a beach but the desert. 

YTD 672.2 miles

• Options
    TTTT ✭✭✭
    DR does that mean you can run out of the gated community?

Hobie sounds like your employer is taking a measured approach, and one which helps people to think about what they are doing. Do you have police on your beaches? We did round here yesterday, but all cars were local. 

Well done Harmander!

YTD 468.91
  • Options
    TT, not meant to, desert bordering the eastern side of our community.

Up at 0420 to go to work, home midday full of good intentions to run. But after floating in the pool and a few G&Ts it isn’t going to happen....
  • Options
    Cal, hope you’re feeling better 
  • Options
    Hobie 1495Hobie 1495 ✭✭✭
    TT, yeah we test bombs, bullets and missiles so safety is pretty high on the list...Covid just makes it a bit more of a challenge. 
    Police and Coastguard making themselves very obvious around West Wales, which is good & keeping everyone sensible...I'm off for a run outside the house now to get to 500.
  • Options
    Thank you all,

Congrats in advance Hobie 1495, TT is right behind you.

8.07 miles today
    YTD = 1008.69 miles

Felt weird not treadmilling yesterday - am toying with an idea - wish to know your thoughts.

At this rate of daily walking mileage, if I continue for another 17 days, I could cover the equivalent distance from Lands End to John O'Groats (874 miles) in my garden

Anyone wanting to beat that has got to be madder than me in future

What does everyone think? 
  • Options
    Hobie 1495Hobie 1495 ✭✭✭
    Incredible work Harmander congratulations on storming past 1000 already...doubt anyone will come up with something as nutty as that.
    Just 3 and a half miles of beach reps for me...very warm (not in the Dubai league) but warm. Still weird running on the beach on a Bank Holiday with no visitors on the sand.
    501 miles YTD 
  • Options
    Well done Hobie, a whole 7 and a bit weeks ahead of schedule. It is a tad warm, house thermostat is reading 24 this evening & Yes we know Dubai.
  • Options
    Cal JonesCal Jones ✭✭✭
    Harmander, you are a machine.

Thanks for your well wishes everyone. I was pretty poorly for a couple of days - shivering and achey and then I was sick Wednesday morning. Started feeling a bit better after that. Not sure what it was - the headache lasted all week but I've had pain up and down my back so think it's from that. I still have some back and neck stiffness now but the chills disappeared on Wednesday so I braved a walk on Friday and today I've been out for a gentle 6 mile run. I'll have to wait and see if there are any adverse effects. Fingers crossed. I'm looking forward to getting back to exploring again.

YTD: 739
  • Options
    MrM2MrM2 ✭✭✭
    Welcome back, Cal. Must have been rough to keep you away for a week!
    Harmander... 1000'+ Congrats.. LEJOG next!! Wouldn't put it past you to head for NY!
    Hobie...Well done on passing 500'!
    Dubai...I think I'd also head for the pool in your conditions! How far would you run without water now?

Yesterday: a disciplined 6' on the flat Prom. to check HR at 10min/mile steady pace. (Av.118, max.126)
    Today: another early run; a mixed 8' including an effort on mile 7 to achieve 8:44 pace. O'all:9:48/mile.
    Planning a cut-back week with shorter runs.
    YTD: 802' .
  • Options
    Donnie2Donnie2 ✭✭✭
    Cal: glad your feeling better. 

Dave: hope you've found a way to keep the May acculator going. 

Hobie: running on the beech, sounds lovely and well done on reaching 500

Ive also hit 500 which is probably 4 to 5 weeks ahead of previous years. Working from home means lots more road running as opposed to being on the gym treadmill. Worked hard on Friday, running 8 minute miles, a lot of my running is coasting along, Friday was a big effort. Conditions were prefect, route was flat with long straights. 

Ytd: 491.7 + 11.1 + 5.2 = 508.0
  • Options
    Donnie2
    you beat me to it - was going to say just the same and congrats on the 500
    Another 8.08 miles today on the treadmill makes my 
    YTD = 1016.77 miles
  • Options
    My walking in the garden total after 10 days is 183.04 miles out of a total for our club members) who are also adding their bits) of 676.04 miles
  • Options
    After 10 days of walking (and the odd bit of extremely fast walking that could easily be mistaken as running - lol) here is the log 

Harmander 500 Miles In May Daily Log

Date

Km

Miles

Total miles

Day’s Minutes

Total minutes

Minutes/mile

18:53

17:27

12:49

16:22

14:18

16:07

15:26

12:59

13:38

15:19

Average of 15 minutes 18 seconds a mile (which was nearly the average yesterday)
  • Options
    MrM2MrM2 ✭✭✭
    Well done Donnie2 on passing 500'.
    Harmander...'You've got this'.....I think that's the expression! Is your garden sheltered from the wind; we've had some strong ones here in the last 24 hrs.

Rest day for me, so no miles to add. In fact, the contrary! Did a double check on my log, to find my average weekly distance in 2020, and uncovered a 20' excess in Feb.; added 7 to 244 and arrived at 271 instead of 251!!?? Everything else was in order. (Weekly average was 41') Now I hope to pass the 800' mark later this week.
    (Corrected) YTD: 782' .
  • Options
    MrM2,

I have a detatched corner property with 6 foot high wall on one side, a 6 foot high wooden fence on the other - the opposing ends are my house and at the end of the garden a double length concrete garage - so yes it is secluded
  • Options
    Good morning all, MrM2 I’ve been running about 4 miles without water, however sometimes I will take a hand held. Just need to be discreet like this morning when running on the sand. Otherwise stop at home, drink and get back out.

10.5 6.15
    11.5 6.49
    12.5 6.12

YTD 690.96 miles

• Options
    Cal JonesCal Jones ✭✭✭
    Donnie, grats on the half century!
    Nice one Dubai - 700 soon eh?
    MrM2, you're streaking ahead of me!
    Harmander, brilliant job. I dropped you a few quid - not as much as I'd like but I've sponsored a lot of people for different things in the last couple of weeks, including myself for a couple of charity virtuals.
    Thought about running yesterday but it was windy, which I hate. Glad I waited as today was perfect (if a little chilly - I don't mind that if there's no wind, though). Did 8 miles easy - no adverse effects from the last run so I reckon I'm about 95% recovered from whatever it was.

YTD: 747
  • Options
    JD1JD1 ✭✭✭

Harmander,congtats on passing 1000 already.

MrM2- I was just about to say well done!

Donnie - well done on passing 500.

8.05 - 8.32

9.05 - 6.24

10.05 - 5.32

11.05 - 5

YTD - 432.41

• Options
    MrM2MrM2 ✭✭✭
    Thanks Harmander...good situation.
    Thanks Dubai...Well done again, for working through your water restrictions.
    Welcome back Cal...good to see you getting back to normal...or do we all have to say 'the New Normal'???

Out at 5:30 for a 9' run. Stiff wind from the North but sheltered by the cliffs for my promenade run. Great conditions so ran alternate Fast/Slow miles. (4' at Slow pace: Av.10:01, and 5' at Fast pace: Av.8:58)
    YTD: 791' .
  • Options
    MrM2MrM2 ✭✭✭
    Out at 5:20 this morning for a steady-effort, easy run. 10' in beautiful conditions. (Av. pace: 9:58/mile)
    YTD: 801' .
  • Options
    Cal JonesCal Jones ✭✭✭
    Well done on the 800, MrM2!
    10 miles for me this morning too, a little slower than you but actually not by too much. I seem to be back to "new" normal. :D

YTD: 757
  • Options
    TTTT ✭✭✭
    Donnie2 well done on 500, and MrMr2 on 800, brilliant running. Harmander you definitely have 'got this' and what a positive outcome from this situation. DR given your training conditions do you find races less difficult? Would be interested as I am trying to do considerably more hills than are on any race I do in the hope it makes the race easier.

Cal welcome back, to what ever new normal is!

I am now delighted that as of today I can now both run and go to the allotment in a day.

482.17 miles, 500 def by Sunday!
  • Options
    Donnie2Donnie2 ✭✭✭
    TT: you mentioned our circle of events overlap. I'm sure you've seem the Walkington 10k is cancelled. What chance the North lincs HM? 

Ytd: 5 to add taking me to 513.0
  • Options
    TTTT ✭✭✭
    Not spotted that one, thanks Donnie2. The Great Grimsby 10km (run by the same company as NE Linc's) is now in October rather than July. I have a feeling the HM is going to be cancelled, I don't see how it can go ahead in August (I am even wondering whether the Yorkshire marathon will happen) and there is just too much in October now even if they could run in then. 
  • Options
    Donnie2Donnie2 ✭✭✭
    TT: agree about North lincs. I've entered the Yorkshire marathon and think the extra mileage I'm currently doing must put me in a good position. Most years I'm playing catch up. The Sheffield HM is delayed until September, as you say, it's getting busy.