Options

Sub 5 hours

Comments

• Options
    RoobarbRoobarb ✭✭✭
    Afternoon from a fur-scattered pub in the East End. One of my original cats and the new one woke me up at 7 this morning having the worst fight I have heard in years. They keep spitting at each other. Honestly, just like men........!!

Was up early this morning, very tired but as I had arranged to meet my friend for a run, I got ready. Was just about to go out the door when I had a text to say that one of her kids was ill and she couldn't make it. So...... I went back to bed! I am so tired at the moment. Hormones I think.

Everyone sounds so energetic compared to me. Sob!
  • Options
    debbodebbo ✭✭✭
    Debbs - I'm tired all the time too - I could easily sleep at my desk every afternoon, and some mornings too! I'm sure it's an age/hormone thing!!
  • Options
    it isnt age
    RIGHT?????
  • Options
    no - definitely not age

praps it's the weather
  • Options
    I refuse to accept that its age
    I am in my bloody prime!

sobs quietly in corner
  • Options
    As are we all Hippo! Just wish my bl**dy body would remember that.

Lucky me is off to sunny Spain on Saturday, so hopefully I will come back bouncing with energy. Will be great to get away from work, daughter's house renovations, house disappearing under a mounting pile of STUFF........

Should I take my running shoes? Can't make up my mind. Perhaps should try barefoot running on the beach.
  • Options
    ooh
    at least you will get SUN
    thats got to help
    It is SO grey here
    deffo take shoes
  • Options
    well did 8 x 400 with 100m walk recoveries, knackered.

Diana take the shoes but only run if you feel like it, I usually run 30-40 mins every other day when on holiday, gives the mind and body a rest with the change of routine.
  • Options
    Good advice Jane M - will pack them, and just try & do a little run every so often.

Sun always helps me Hippo - hope some more arrives over the UK for all of you.
  • Options
    debbodebbo ✭✭✭
    Hippo - it's age for us oldies, and the weather for you young folk!! I'm in my prime too, but I'm still knackered all the time!

Just back from 8 miles - it wasn't raining, just a bit humid, so ok. Just under 11 minute miles. My legs are weary now. I'm going to eat and then I have Spanish to do - I'm doing an OU course.

It's my wedding anniversary today but I managed to convince Mr Debbo that we could go out tomorrow instead.

DianaD - lucky you! Take your shoes and see how you feel. It'll probably be too hot to run, but then at least you'll get a good rest.

Jane - that sounds like a good session - were you sprinting?
  • Options
    aaaaw debbo-how long?

we did 13 ahem 12.5 last friday

im as old as you
  • Options
    debbodebbo ✭✭✭
    Hippo - you're not as old as me. I'm 46. We've only been married for 4 years. I was married before to my childrens' father. I don't get the 12.5 bit??
  • Options
    shhhhhhh
    cant say , gulp-13
  • Options
    debbodebbo ✭✭✭
    I am trying to imagine - were you married 13 years ago but spent 12.5 years together?
  • Options
    debbo, coach said to do the 400s around 2mins to 2.15, so I did the first one too fast at 1.50 and so he told me to slow down so did the rest in about 2mins to 2.10. I find it hard to know if I am sprinting but last 400 was very hard as the legs were beginning to feel it a bit. I would imagine you would sprint 200m and less.

I have been married for a long time, all of 22 years this September. He still never buys me what I would really really like for birthdays and xmas.
  • Options
    envy envy diana d - my youngest is off to barcelona (art gcse work) for a week on saturday, OH off to croatia for 10 days sailing on tuesday - moi, stuck in sunny (not) hampshire! have a fabulous time and run if you feel like it

beat you all on wedded bliss - we've known each other since first year at uni (31y), living together for last 27y and married 23y this december. i wouldn't change it for the world but agree men can't do presents!
  • Options
    debbodebbo ✭✭✭
    I agree - men can't do presents, unless given specific instructions, and then it's not quite the same...!
  • Options
    wipes away tear
    27 years
    you get less for murder------

My hubby came up trumps this year

he did
    a garmin
    and amber stuff for anniversary
  • Options
    that's wot i call a good double pressie

off to have a drop of amber stuff myself..
  • Options
    so late
    hic, already done
  • Options
    RoobarbRoobarb ✭✭✭
    Am 46 too but think the tiredness is definitely a hormone thing - nothing to do with my years! Mentally I'd say I was about 13......

Have a 5m run planned with a friend on Saturday morning - nice and early at 9. Should be ok by then hopefully.

• Options
    Good luck to Katypie and Debbo this weekend for their first tri.

My energy levels overall had increased with running but there are times when tiredness means I have to take an early night or fall asleep watching the TV.

Lovely pressies Hippo, I bought my own Garmin.
  • Options
    Thanks Jane!

In denial. Haven't touched bike since b4 FLM. AM a bad and stupid lady. NOw having pulling out thoughts and then I think well even if I am last at least I'll have tried.

I am very tired today, I have the Black Rock 5 and promised to run with my bro in the morning tomorrow...
  • Options
    debbodebbo ✭✭✭
    KP - you won't be last - have a look at the times from last year. You will be fine. You are young and fit enough to cycle reasonably quickly and your run time will be much faster than mine, so stop worrying!
  • Options
    debbodebbo ✭✭✭
    You could always tell your brother to go and run on his own, and have a long lie tomorrow?
  • Options
    Och I know but he's just started running and his first race is next week and I promised to recce the course with him..

Must, must sort tyres tomorrow.

If I don't go I'll be annoyed at myself for being a coward and if I do I'll be annoyed for being ill prepared so the result is the same isn't it?
  • Options
    debbodebbo ✭✭✭
    What do you have to do to your tyres? If you go and feel ill prepared you can remind yourself that you are actually training for a marathon, and this was just a wee diversion, and if you enjoy it you will be spurred on to train better next time. I think you should go!! but not if you don't want to...
  • Options
    Will be 51 in August, and 28th Wedding Anniversary in September (actually met him for the first time 35 years ago!) - where has the time gone? OH has got me some great pressies in the past - had a mini iPod for Christmas! The problem is the other way round in our household - his technical requirements for toys are so specific, that I need a full description & bar code to get the right thing. The girls & I have to resort to getting him 'cool' clothes for surprises, as most men can't do that.

Sure you will be fine Katypie - only learned to ride a bike when I was in my thirties, so I would struggle!

DianaB - wonderful opportunity for your youngest - I adored Barcelona when I went a few years ago.
  • Options
    Debbo

No you are right, I am marathon fit so I am fit enough to complete this. It's typical of me to over commit, I always do 100 things badly instead of 1 well. I can't let the tri suit go to waste.

I need to swap the tyres from MTB - road tyres

The things we do eh?
  • Options
    TopSecTopSec ✭✭✭
    Katypie, stick with it - you know it will be worth it!! Just take it as it comes, you'll be fine - I am in awe of you doing it anyway!!

Glad to say I ENJOYED my first run last night since FLM, did 7 miles with a .8 mile big (they are all big to me!!) hill and even though the hill was tough the whole run felt as if I was actually achieving something. So so glad that feeling is back - I've been missing it. Got an interval training session in the morning.

Mr TS & I aren't married yet, going to do the deed sometime either later this year or next, we have been together on and off for 20 years (we're a bit slow!!). He is good at buying me pressies, most of them though are gadgetty, cameras, PDA's and that sort of thing - though with the odd diamond thrown in ;). He bought me my Garmin after seeing me for the first time in a race, thought I looked so happy at the finish that I deserved a treat :)

Miserable down here in Hants, Diana have a great holiday in Spain, lucky you! Mr TS is in Houston at the mo, ringing me to tell me it is 94 degrees!!

TS