Options

Run for Glory

Comments

• Options
    Bye Bye Plodder.

Sorry to be ignorant but what is LSR pace?

Shell
  • Options
    Bless her, Linda lacked confidence, and it was along time before I got firm with her, then I felt like a right B**** but I couldn't carry on.
  • Options
    enjoy run hippo

Michelle agree it must be hard slowing your pace down so you dont intimidate the others :-) I think Paula pulled out because of my threat to beat her :-)
    enjoy tommorrow and take it easy just practice pre
    ace performance stuff like warming up and enjoy the crowd..I'll look out for you as my friends are running wish i was:-(

off to the pool for a swim
  • Options
    Bye Fenn,

I am going toget my name put on my top.

See U tomorrow.

Shell
  • Options
    LSR stands for Long sunday Run (took me a while to figure out all the lingo)

Ie try and go at the same pace you ran your 20mile run at last weekend
  • Options
    the reason i say this as i though i only had one pace.. and then did silverstone half marathon and the crowd and other runners made me run alot faster.. this was a great buzz however i think it took me at least two weeks to recover and im sure thats how i orignaly picked up my injuries . i have learnt the hard way..

good luck
  • Options
    Thanks for the advice.

Shell

x
  • Options
    Michelle - wow it is great that so many of you are on this site now. Everyone I know that runs is eagerly watching the 'run for glory' desperate to see how you all get on.

You have been amazing to watch - you look fabulous.

Anyway - bra - www.lessbounce.co.uk I have been reliably informed by some of my internet running freinds taht the Enell bra is the one for bigger busts.

LSR - long slow run.... Yes most people do it on a sat or sun but the idea is that it's a lot slower than your normal run so that you can add on the distance.

Also - good luck for the half - you will absolutely love the marathon - such a buzz.
  • Options
    well, it has taken me the whole morning to read this thread, but WOW!!

I have found out about this programme ony last thursday and when I posted my question to the sub-5 forum: 'do you know that there is this programme...?' I realised it was a silly question because one of my forumites said 'you gotta be kidding me! there is also a thread!'

Well, sorry, I was not aware....I blame on the fact that I am b***y foreigner :-))))

Anyway, the bottom line is that I missed all the thing....but NOW not only I know what's being happening on it but I also 'know' the people on the programme!! yuppie!!

To all of you: YOU ARE FAB!!

one question: anyone willing to make a copy of the show for me?? I pay!!!! email me!!
  • Options

If anyone has it on tape, or dvd when it is over I would be grateful for a copy as I have missed most of it. It is on too early for me and I never remember to set the video. If anyone has it on tape I can put it on DVD so that might be a plus ?

Well done everyone ! See you all at London on the 23rd. Can't wait.
  • Options
    Hi Shellie, I will give you a ring later about tomorrow as we need to link up. I don't think any of the others will be there. Are you going to Reading today or in the morning. If you are going today and I don't catch you please give me a ring. Where are you going to get your name done? Does anybody know of anywhere in the Guildford/Dorking/Horsham area where I can get mine done.

Read the Daily Mail page 117 today Saturday, I have got a little article in there.

• Options
    Hi RFG runners!
    Good luck on the big day and glad you've found this site, the advice on here is invaluable! As you will have seen from this thread, a lot of people think the challenges you have to do the day before your long runs are not what most people do when training for a marathon! I hope you wont have to do anything too strenuous the day before Reading half? Its too close to the marathon now to risk injury through running up mountains etc! I hope you are thinking of running the Half Marathon as a LSR not a race, there was a thread on here a while back specifically about Reading Half, and how it was too close to the Marathon to really 'go for it'. The marathon is the main event after all!
    Best of luck on April 23rd, hope all injuries recover in time and enjoy the experience!!
    V and J
  • Options
    By the way Julia, you can buy iron-on paper at WHS. You can cut out your name and just iron it on.
  • Options
    CindersCinders ✭✭✭
    Michelle, body glide is good too, like vaseline but comes in a tube thing so you don't have to touch it to apply. I also get those marks under my arms, some nice ones from last week's half when I forgot the body glide.

Good luck for tomorrow.
  • Options
    A warm welcome to Julia, Jj and Michelle. As Dean and Clint have also been posting for a while, looks like we've got half the remaining contestants on this thread! Little did I know when I started this that it would attract such celebrity interest!!
    Good luck to all of you in tomorrow's Reading - you will definitely enjoy your first race (I can't believe they didn't enter you all for a race a long time ago to give you some taste of what FLM will be like). I agree with what others have said though, take it easy as it's only two weeks to FLM - especially as some of you have niggling injuries.
    One thing that seems a little inconsistent to me about the show - John stayed at home to rest and said he was going to walk FLM but the rest of you will supposedly be chucked off if you don't complete the 15 miler in Aus on next week's show. I don't mean to knock John (in fact on his justgiving page he now says after doing the 18 miler in Richmond recently that one or two forumites spotted him on that he IS now hoping to run on the day), but it does seem that he has been treated a bit differently to the other three (Jerry, Preeti and Jeremy) who were thrown off the show (two with injuries) and seemed to be given no option to take time off or run/walk.
    I wonder if John has been given more of a chance due to the amazing amount he's raised for charity (already about £25000)?
  • Options
    look forward to meeting the telly peeps tomorrow - please come to the drinks afterwards :o)
  • Options
    Wow - one evening away from the thread and 2 more celebs have joined us - welcome Michelle and JJ.

Like all the others here I've been watching your progress since the 1st programme and get terribly worked up about it - commenting at the tv etc!

Michelle - you have really amazed me with your commitment and single-mindedness...could you bottle some up for me please?

Take it easy at Reading and all my fingers and toes are crossed for all the RfG gang on the big day - I'll be watching out for you either live or on tv!
  • Options
    Hiya its shirley, just back from kiddies footie. Purple Princess no problem with a wristband email me on shirley.ksmith@btinternet.com and i will sort that for you. Thanks for your support. Anybody any ideas how I would get in touch with excel, and any ideas what time registration starts. Thanks Shirleyx
  • Options
    Have really enjoyed watching RFG and have been impressed by the courage and commitment of those involved. Wouldn't have been too keen on the scary height stuff myself (especially in preparation for the FLM!)

It will all be worthwhile come 2 weeks tomorrow - trust me!! Did it in 2004 and doing it again this year - I can't wait. The atmosphere is unbelieveable and the support terrific. Having your name on your top is a must!!!

Good luck to you all at Reading. I'm doing my last long run tomorrow at the Belvoir Half.

Michelle - you should've entered Belvoir instead - flat and on your doorstep. Impressed by your determination I sponsored you ('a fellow Nottingham Runner'). Who knows, one day we may bump into each other around Holme Pierrepont although as you'd guess Wollaton Park is more my territory!!

Pete Holmes (a.k.a WP)
  • Options
    Wow what a fantastic response.

I have tried lots of different strategies to cover distances and I do best doing 17s and 3s, thats 17 minute run, 3 min walk, so don't be alarmed if you see me walking after only a short time. Don't worry I intend doing it at my LSR pace - see I'm getting the lingo, wish I found this site months ago I am learning so much.

Wollaton Parker, I have been ther training! Me and one of my friends did it a few weeks ago (before HK & Oz) I have ran in Newstead Abbey Grounds, Holme Pierrepont and Radcliffe Cliffs and out to Shelford a couple of times.

I know I should have probably entered Belvior, but at the time of booking I was even less enlightened than I am now! And to be perfectly honest I was just amazed to get a place as a novice etc. Thank you for sponsoring me! X X

XFR Bear where are the drinks??? I'll be there with my two co-runners, probably Jools (Julia) and how little support team!

Jools, got back from getting my name done, I had RFG on the back - am I losing it or what? I am leaving for Reading in about an hour - ought to get packing really, though the important stuff is ready done - running shoes, sports bra, vaseline, energy drinks etc.

Hi Shirley - I e-mailed Georgie earlier and he is going to check out this site. Say hi to Dean and the kids.

Shell

X

Shell
  • Options
    Good luck Michelle...enjoy
  • Options
    Tracey GTracey G ✭✭✭
    Good luck Michelle. Have fun.
  • Options
    Good luck to you all running in Reading tomorrow - welcome to the forum Michelle and have a fab day on 23rd :-)
  • Options
    Hello to all the 'run for glory' people! Have been watching the show since the beginning but only came across this thread yesterday and saw that you were actually posting on it!
    I'm in awe of your progress, all of you are fantastic! I've been running for about a year now and still haven't entered any races or anything, although I did enter FLM and didn't get a place on the ballot.

Good luck to all of you, I will be watching avidly!

XX
  • Options
    Good luck Michelle, enjoy your run.
  • Options
    Good luck tomorrow Michelle - make sure you come in here on your return and let us all know how you got on
  • Options
    Good luck Michelle with reading half.

when you are back do check out the FLM virgin thread. i am a newbie and marathon first timer but have learnt so much from that thread and there are more experienced runners that check in and are so friendly with heaps of tips and advice and encouragement!

I had terrible chaffing a few weeks ago from my sports bra when i hadn't suffered at all before (think it is the increased mileage - happened on my first 18 miler). someone suggested 8 hour cream and its brilliant!

Hi to all the other RFG participants you are all doing so well! The charity I am running for (Stroke Association) put me forward for the show but i didn't get in because i was too ordinary!! (sniff, sniff)
  • Options
    It will only be Michelle and I running at Reading tomorrow, as Clint is still feeling sore! We would love to meet any of you that are around. Michelle is very organised and has her name on her shirt but I haven't but will be running in black SKINS. I may have a Bob Champion sweatshirt on withmy name and details on the back. I am really nervous but excited and am meeting Michelle first thing in the morning. See you all there xx
  • Options
    good luck to you too Julia.

pinks