Options

weight loss thread # zillion !

Comments

• Options
    joe browns...
    thak you for that very interesting.
    I dont think illness is beign used as an excuse but as a reason for weight gain in this case.

when i said there is no room on a forum for such talk i was talking about the use of rudeness and name calling, but 'the hot issue itself.'

today i have worked, run, then for lunch i had adzuki beans adn peppers with some tuna and a big fresh raw salkad (breaky was a fresh banana and strawberry smoohie...yummie!)
    also we are tlkaing of buying a multi gym...woo-hoo!

i am loving this exercise lark
  • Options
    pullease excuse my appalling typing i am yet to find spell check on here...
  • Options
    how does one workout ones measurements in metric from inches?
    i am 5' 6''
  • Options
    this is all very very very interesting i must say. thank you all again
  • Options
    Mad & Jen - I'm at York Uni, have you found the athletics club yet? Email me if you haven't - there's 'beginner' sessions as well as a faster casual run, track, etc etc.

Nowhere Man is a known troll who's already been banned once & reappeared under a different name, best ignored.
  • Options
    v interesting duck, thank you for posting that! I am new but thought as much

I am cutting down on booze adn food and trying to eat healthy adn exercise every single day at least a walk to get moving, i already feel better after two weeks but i am going to do the fit for life as it really is teh healthiest option! mostly raw fruit adn veg with other bits of meat or carbs sometimes.
  • Options
    sorry about my spelling again!
  • Options
    Hi Going for It!

Haven't got much to add because it sounds like you are eating the right foods and with running, it's bound to drop off quite quickly!

The only thing I want to add with reference to someone's comments, it's not about how much you eat, it's about what you eat. You should always eat when hungry, especially when you are exercising too.

Lots of luck to you, keep positive!!!!
  • Options
    thnaks

do you mean you shouldnt eat unless you are hungry, or you shouldnt not eat when you feel hungry? sorry a bit confused her cokey : )

my friend did the fruit adn veg adn no booze diet plus running in my situation and lost 70 pounds in 4 months adn kept it off...it was about 7 years ago now, i was always thin til i got ill, now i am going to go for it cos i know i can do anything i want with guts and courage : )
  • Options
    hi stu , yeah quite : )

why was oracle a troll of old?

• Options
    i ran 15 minutes today!!! woo-hoo am trhilled as only been at it 2 weeks and had come from nothing at all...totally sedentary...plus leg pain not so bad, also am getting to grips with this whole losing weight thing...eat less, move more!eat mostly raw and fresh...
    love myself, allow myself to be who i am...then watch it fall off and laugh, the power is mine after all!
    not all opera singers are big girls...well i wont be!
  • Options
    Hi again going for it as far as i have under stood it you should never feel hunger pain (well not bad ones) It's what you eat to stop those pains that is the important bit.
  • Options
    oh! Well i thought the way he was talking about overweight people and the terminology he used was an affront to all over weight people, as I said, and not to be encouraged on an open forum. Personally, I have never thought of myself as fat as I am very attractive and carry myself well, and fat is an insult, as well know, but I know I have more than few pounds I could lose as I have been slim for most of my life and I see what teh scaels say and there is a four stone difference. I think it is mostly in the mind though. if you think you can do it, you can do it.

• Options
    yes i do take it but i stopped so i will buy some more, maybe it was helping more than i thought!i must say i was beginning to think 'it cant be that anyone with arthritis in the knees just doesnt ever professionally run, it must be that they build up, slowly, to help it' also not eating acidic foods helps my knees...thats why i loosely follow the 'fit for life'harvey diamond regime as it is a basically alkalizing diet : )with all that raw fruit and veg stuff, also helps with my moods and another couple of conditions i have had : ) thank you for your hlep too xx
  • Options
    anyone know what 5' 6'' is in cms?
  • Options
    I think it's about 175.5cm.
  • Options
    Hi Going for It,

It sounds like you are determined and wanting to get there. Just remember you're in it for the long run, it's good to take it slowly and have a sustained weight loss, not yo-yoing. Have you tried porridge/oats/muesli for breakfast? It's great when you are changing your diet because the oats keep you going for longer than toast, for example, and really fill you up. Also, why not try blogging your progress? You can then look back on how you are doing and share your successes.

Best of luck

AP xx
  • Options
    what is this blogging i hear peeps talk of on the net? i never ever heard of it and suddenly everyone is talking about it? please fill me in : )
  • Options
    anyone know what medium build 173 cms ideal weight is? i have been very underweight in my time and now am over weight so its all a bity much for me to be normal n this department...can anyone give me a clue as to what the right weight for me is?
  • Options

1in = 2.54 cm

5ft6in = 66 in

66 x 2.54 = 167cm
  • Options

I think 8st12- to 11st
  • Options
    Well i got that one wrong didn't i.
  • Options
    so when I was 5 1/2 I was too thin then, just as i thought : (

even when I was 7 stone 10 I was too thin (2 years ago)

now at 13 stone 12 I am over weight!!!

i must get it right this time

its moderation!!!
    thank you to all on here : )
    hugs
  • Options
    I will lose the 3 extra stone by end august then the rest is cosmetic...i feel good about that

yup i am determined

was fun putting it all on but ultimately, not worth it : )