Options

Just rang FLM office

Tried to enter yesterday but completed the forms and got to the payment page filled in my card details and it through me out. Cant get back in to do it again as it says they already have an entry with my mail add

Called the office and explained this, also that I havent got a confirmation mail so dont know if my entry has been registered - I obviously havent paid. They couldnt help and advised me to mail Craig at realbuzz. So I have, also called him but his voice mail was on

This is bl**dy ridiculous - I cant afford to wait - the enteries are filling fast 

Gary

Comments

• Options
    Anyone got an e-mail add or postal add for these guys please
  • Options

Fat Buddha

Cheers - got an e-mail for the actual FLM office ? or postal add

• Options
    I entered this morning no bother. That is frustrating though....
  • Options

The confirmation e-mail that I got from WorldPay said:

"If you have any questions about your order, please email The London Marathon Limited at: online-entry@london-marathon.co.uk, with the transaction details listed above."

Are we meant to get any kind of confirmation e-mail from the London Marathon  ? As I didn't though I was given a ref number on the London Marathon page after my payment was accepted. 

• Options

BothXP

I have mailed that add after I phoned the office back. Apparently this was a big problem and they are currently working on it

Reading back thro this thread people seem to have got confirmation from the FLM office

3:30

• Options

Thanks,

I've tried e-mailing online-entry@london-marathon.co.uk but just got delivery failures back, so I don't think their e-mail address is even working at the moment.

• Options

Did my last night, got email from World pay,and this one..

Dear Karl,

Thank you for entering the Flora London Marathon 2009 online entry ballot.

You will find out if you have been successful when you receive either your Accepted or Rejected magazine in early October 2008 (or when you log back into this website, again in early October). However, if you need to contact the organisers at any point, please call 020 7902 0200

One really important thing...
    Please do not enter the online ballot more than once as this will cause all your entries to be made void.

• Options

Yes my mails came back so called the office again they gave me this number 0207 928 6442

Called them up and they advised that I should enter again using a different e-mail add, told them about the double entry thing and they said it was OK !! I am going to mail them and ask them to confirm

Gary

• Options

I mailed them successfully but haven't had a reply yet.

I did entries for me and my OH but have only had one Worldpay confirmation and nothing else.

I reckon the least they should do is keep the entry open until all problems have been resolved even if that means exceeding 120,000 entries 

• Options

i tried this morning with no luck I tried to submit details and it went straight back to the terms and conditions page i tried again but the same thing happened.

I rang FLM who gave me an email address that bounced back.

now what do I do? I dont want to try again because of the double entry rule?

Online entry is meant to make things easier,image

• Options

sheets - hello mate,

120000 entries won't fill up that quick will they? (can i wait till middle of may)

• Options

you are probably right billy, I may wait a few weeks until they sort the problem out.

• Options

Wonder if anyone can help (as the Helpline is permanently engaged and no-one at the other telephone number I have tracked down can help) - I have deferred my entry from 2008 to 2009 due to injury. Does that mean I simply sit tight until I receive my Acceptance in October or do I still have to enter online?

"3.30 or bust" - COYS!!

• Options

Sheets

Well I called them, as my mails kept coming back, on 0207 928 6442 (given this number by the FLM office) explained my problem and was advised just to enter again with a different mail add - I said that the FLM office told me not to but he said its OK and he had checked that. So I entered again with my works mail add but have mailed realbuzz asking for confirmation of what I was told on the phone

Got acknowledgement mails from FLM and World Pay

• Options

YidBoy 

Always a pleasure to meet a fellow yido

• Options
    tino2510tino2510 ✭✭✭

3:30 have you had confirmation yet on whether registering twice is okay?

Mine froze and crashed at the payment screen. tried the FLM number but constantly engaged. Don't want to risk my application being voided for entering twice.

Any suggestions??

• Options
    tino2510tino2510 ✭✭✭

all,

Tried the london marathon email and got delivery failures back. Just spoke to realbuzz and they gave another email address:

london@realbuzz.com

Said they would contact me back on what to do about payment. Fingers crossed!!!!

• Options
    I am in the same boat ie - no confirmation email from FLM, however, it has just occoured to me - if you are not being alowed to apply again as your email is already registered - then shouldn't that mean that they already have your record, therefore you are in the ballot? Expecially if you have a worldpay email as well?
  • Options

My email has just bounced back - FOUR hours after sending it.

Boy am I unimpressed. image

• Options

Finally got through on the phone number to be told to e-mail the london@realbuzz.com address.

Which I've now done, asking what's going on and explaining to them in detail my feelings on this new entry system. All a bit annoying really. 

• Options
    Yidboy, you will be sent a 2008 deferral form by FLM next year. Don't worry it will come.
  • Options

Now tried the London Marathon address again as well as the Realbuzz address.

Really not happy. image

Didn't we all fecking know this was going to happen? 

• Options

What a joke. Have had problems too, been phoning round all morning trying to work out what's happened.

I applied with one email address, then went back a page when I realised you had to pay NOW if you were bequeathing, which I can't do, changed it and submitted again and it said that email address was already registered! Entered with a different email address but worried it will count as 2 and void me.

3.30 - please let me know if you get confirmation that entering with a different email address is OK.

I am sceptical because surely if all one has to do is register with a different email address you COULD enter as many times as you like (as many email addresses as you have / can create)  and they wouldn't know?  I mean if the email address is what they go by? All seems really wrong.

Not impressed at all. Want my nice paper form to fill in image

I'll try sending some emails of my own and see what happens. 

• Options

It is clear that FLM have no idea what is going on and have palmed the issue on to realbuzz.

I'll be so annoyed if I miss out on my "5 rejects and you're in" as this was my last year and was due to run it in 2010.

• Options
    I have just tried sending a plea to RW Towers to see if someone there can at least get a definitive answer on where to direct the queries!
  • Options

Just found this :

http://www.realbuzz.com/en-us/forums/index?pageID=1996&topic=103780&page=last

I think that if you got as far as the thank you page then you're in - but was that a World Pay thank you page or did anyone get a FLM thank you page?

• Options
    Have emailed realbuzz so will see what they have to say.
  • Options

I can't even get onto www.realbuzz.com now.

I think we must be all trying to look at once image

• Options

I think FLM need to put something on their website to explain what is going on.  

Surely they must be aware that there is something not quite right and someone needs to come out and give us all some answers to the questions they have been asked this morning.