Options

Tunnel Vision!

Comments

• Options

Id swerve it if i was you jakesy - it only took me 2 sessions to do my knee in, altho they were both 10+ miles a few days after eachother! Ill be back the club as soon as i get my weight back down to 12 1/2 stone mate...

Im workin in the mersey ambulance control room 2morro, hope i dont hear from anyone!;-) all the best

• Options
    Finished in 40 mins 43 secs. Wanted to get under 40 mins but the tunnel did for me. Excellent race with perfect running conditions. Well done to all who organised and participated. Even received a text telling me my time and positon. Well impressed.
  • Options

Finished in 51:46, not bad after an 18 month lay off and only 5 weeks preparation. A well organised race, but it was very warm in the tunnel - I got a bottle of water at the tunnel exit and poured most of it over my head. Quite a few people were walking up the incline in the tunnel.

Nice to see so much support, especially for the Wallasey runners and I will use todays race as a springboard to returning to club running.

It still amazes me how many people looked over dressed, wooly hats, running jackets and full length running bottoms - wonder what they dress like in the winter !!

• Options

Hello everyone!

Its 1241 here, did anyone see me?! Was in a illuminous (or however you spell it) long sleeve t-shirt, black shorts, and rather fetching Saucony Pro-grid trainers which i would recommend to anyone   ....and if i pushed past an of you in the first 2k im sorry! haha.

I crossed the line in 39:59, and my chip time was 39:12, rank 37th!!

Im very happy about that because it was my first ever race and the first ever time i have even ran 10k. Very happy little David i am. imageimage

• Options

I didn't see anyone.......I was quite a bit further back than you, David!!!

Excellent times, Russell, Basil and Dave....you must be really pleased.

I got in just under 68mins by my watch. I did the Womens 10K in 76 mins, so I'm quite chuffed. I  know part of it was downhill, but even so!

Thanks Liverbird for suggesting I did it...(I looked out for you). The hill wasn't as bad as I'd built it up in my mind and I didn't stop (but I was going very slowly by the end!)  and, do you know, I actually enjoyed it!

Great support, well organised, lovely firemen with their hosesimage. Only problem was when I got to the station this morning, the trains weren't running 'cos they'd torn up the line to Chester.....very well kept secret - no mention of it on the website last night- but I'd left plenty of time, so I was OK. Hope everybody else was..........................!

• Options
    Mr PuffyMr Puffy ✭✭✭

Any sign of the results yet?

Puffy junior has been taking photos again...

Tunnel 10k

• Options

Well done Puffy Junior............there's a job for you!

I don't know where the results are being published??

• Options

Finished my first 10k image

Just made it in my target of sub - 50 - 49:29 by my watch. Just waiting to find out where the official results are - I didnt get a text...

A well run race that I woulld be happy to do again, and the tunnel was easier than expected. I think I paced myself OK and that helped. Anyone know the height gain coming back up in the tunnel?

I was # 211.

• Options

hi all,i didnt expect much today with the knee injury.i dosed up on pain killers and anti inflammatories to get me round.started mid pack at a steady pace and after 1km i felt good with no pains so decided to push on a bit,lots of weaving through the crowds then by the time i reached the tunnel the field had really stretched out and i upped the pace once more.Surprisingly it was very warm in the tunnel but i felt good and was picking off people  on the climb.on the long run in along the prom its very difficult to keep the pace up with the lactic build up in the legs from the hill but i managed to hang in and finished 3 seconds up on my pb in 37;22

pos - 14, rank - 13, m40 cat pos - 3, chip time 37;22

• Options
    Jakesy,  you overtook me just before the 1 Km marker. I remember seeing your name on the back of your vest. Dave Smith 777, you also overtook me as i remember thinking - why are you wearing a long sleeved running top, it's too hot. However it didn't seem to slow you down too much!
  • Options
    Well impressed with the text on my mobile with all the facts and figures after the race. Thought the event was well organised but the hill through the tunnel knocked me for six and was worse than expected. Enjoyed the shower courtesy of our friends from the fire brigade. No tshirt in my goody bag but I went back and they were kind enough to sort it out.  I will have to up my training before the Great North Run in October. I am a bit of a plodder and could only manage 55mins. Well done to those who managed a PB
  • Options
    well done folks!

wanted to do under an hour, and according to my stopwatch i did 58:36, so i'm dead chuffed!

haven't had a text through with the official chip time tho.

emjayjay
  • Options

I was hoping for under an hour but came in at 64 minutes on my watch (awaiting chip time) but have only ran once in the last 4 weeks and that was only about 3 months so 4 minutes over my expected aint bad i suppose but will have to get back into my running as could not get into a rhythm today and my breathing was all a wash.

Congratulations everyone and another well orgainised even by Alan Rothwell and runliverpool

• Options
    i would also like to thank Alan and the organisers for a job well done. couldn't fault any of it. even the rain held off until we'd finished!.

emjayjay
  • Options

yes emjayjay i agree. As it was my first ever race of any description and first time involved in an event like this, i would also like to thank Alan and the team of organisers for their efforts. Its a big, big WELL DONE from me. Thanks for the hard work people, i really appreciated it.

As you say, even mother nature let us play out in the dry, so thank you mother nature too! image

• Options

Alan Rothwell - Liverpool City Council need a big kick up the arse for the lack of support they show to your organisation! Today was the perfect example of a how a race should be organised and I have yet to hear a single grumble from anyone about any aspect of this race. You should be very well pleased!

I seem to recall requesting an air temperature of 13 degrees and cloud yesterday? Well we were pretty close! image The tunnel was indeed a bit warm, but that made it all the more lovely when we reached the exit and the cool air hit us! I would agree that I'd psyched myself up for a far more punishing climb than it actually turned out to be.....

The prom run was well supported athough there was a slight headwind, it was no more than a breeze and was welcome as a cool down (though not quite so welcome as the firemen's shower)!!!

I ran it in 57.07 (which is a race PB for me)! I know that doesn't sound too racy to you thirty something minute whippets, but I had a personal battle going on after coming in at 1.01 for the women's 10K and being bitterly disappointedimage We all have our level and I kicked the ass of my PB!

With regards the the goody bags, mine was missing a MEDAL! The marshalls did swap it immediately however, though I would always advise checking before you exit the finish area. I also heard one of the marshalls calling out "small and medium are for ladies" which meant I got a t-shirt that FITS!! (Finally, Alan)! image

That said I know many of men who were around me are minus the boobs I have to fit into a t-shirt and are very slighty built. I hope they were happy with whatever t-shirt they got.

The train worked really well. Yes, they were busy but that didn't matter. Felt like I was wearing a uniform on James Street platform! It was a sea of yellow!

Alan, get a beer tonight! I will raise a glass to the incredible success that was this year's race!

• Options
    I'm raising one or two right now! Agree with everything Liverbird says. Great event.
  • Options

I second that LB it was a fab day and Alan deserves a big enough beer he could he swim in. I came in at 1hr 1min 58secs which I know isnt hugely fast but is a PB for me and I've only been back running for a couple of months now after 2yrs off. My mate cam in a few secs behind me and joy of joy we beat her hubby who gave us grief at the start of our running effort when we ran walked so a big golden raspberry to him his mates are ribbing him as we speak.  Doingnicely how lovely was it at the back lol we had a great time.  My chip said I was 1495 in rank 147 in f.open rank so not sure how that relates as there were a sea of men

MrsM

• Options
    I second it as well Alan  - absolutely Great organisation from start to finish and I had everything in my goody bag including T shirt that fits    - on my watch I did 1.00.01 so very happy with that although I found the tunnel very warm and breathing went a little"off" and stopped at 8k for friend who was having a bad moment  - here's to next year   - an d a Big well done to you all   - so Mrs. M. neither of us got that spoon????????   xx
  • Options
    PS  i haven't had a text through either  so where will be results be?????
  • Options
    Fantastic times LB, MM and MG, no, not even I got the spoon (Big surprise!!!)image
  • Options
    Don't know about the results...I've looked on the usual suspects....I suppose it's a bit soon, is it?
  • Options
    Text says the results are on  TDL.LTD.UK. Can't do the proper link I'm afraid. Nothing on there at the mo.
  • Options

Can only agree with what everyone else is saying - fantastically organised race.  Managed a PB of 52.55 which has already been text to me - wow how quick was that (the text I mean - not my running).  Sounds like there were lots of PBs today so well done everyone - not the easiest 10K I've ever run.

• Options
    Results are on the run Liverpool site now. Hope your eyesight is good. Enjoy
  • Options

Just to echo what the others have said, it was a great event and so well organised.   And as LB said, even better to get a t-shirt that fits.  

Thanks to Alan and all those involved in the organisation and marshalling today.     

I really struggled for some reason with the heat of the tunnel but just chuffed I finished today as when I started running there was no strength in my legs at all.  Very similar time to Manchester for me, 65mins. 

Next plan of action is join a running club and hopefully come in easily under 60 minutes by the time I do my next 10k in September/October. *crosses everything*

I love this lark even though I'm a real plodder. image  If someone had told me 2 years ago, I'd get up before 7am to go running 10km later that morning  twice in 3 weeks I'd have called them loons. 

Hope everyone else who's not posted so far thoroughly enjoyed themselves too and to those with PBs today and who returned to 10k's - congrats.

xx

• Options
    Have just seen the results and oh joy - I am 2nd LV 60     so happy !
  • Options
    Doing nicely wrote (see)
    Fantastic times LB, MM and MG, no, not even I got the spoon (Big surprise!!!)image

And a fantastic time for you DN.  Was thinking of you and the others and wondered how you'd got on.

Congrats on cutting such a lot off your time at the Womens 10K.    

• Options
    Manc Girl wrote (see)
    Have just seen the results and oh joy - I am 2nd LV 60     so happy !
    Wow.  That's bloomin' brilliant. You must be so chuffed.   Congratulations.  
  • Options

I'm quite happy with 25th 35+ female!

(But it's the only time I'm happy to be 35.....)image

Except when the car insurance is due of course! image

Well done to everyone! Manc Girl, you're the new thread hero!