Options

Andy Reading 10K

Comments

• Options

Mr W, i was wondering what SB was doing to break the bed too!................imageum, no we must keep this very clean!     why wont you get a bacon buttie?  tell you what Mr W, you can have mine, hows that?(must keep the director happy)

cant believe its more or less full- my friend is getting V V nervous as its her first eventimage

• Options
    ps. do any of the female members of ARC have children that attend justdance company in bicester? my hubs thinks he recognised a ARC member one week at my daughters dance school........image....
  • Options
    Mine does tap at MSW Elite dance school on Saturday
  • Options

Probably, can think of a few members with kids that age who'd dance. You coming along tomorrow night Sindeelou?

Race now all but full - had my first begging mail (politely declined)

Come on the Irish tonight!

• Options
    mr w, cant come to session tomorrow (although id love toimage) my 6 year old is perfoming with her cheerleading group-JDC- at bicester xmas lights switch on !image  i am definately going to join run club in spring at latestimage
  • Options

Race definitely full. Sorry but unless you are realistically going to break the course record then all prospective entries will be declined.

The final list of entrants will be going on the Alchester Running Club website over the next couple of days.

The remaining numbers are going out in tomorrow's post.

Don't forget that chips needs to be collected on the day 

• Options

And bacon rolls to go with them!

Mr W - when deciding which job to give me could you bear in mind that I will have been on the razzle in London the previous night image

• Options

SB - nope! Broken anymore beds?image

Worst bit is I'm out that night as well!

• Options
    Nick LNick L ✭✭✭

arse....i posted my entry today Mr W....had been away with w*rk and too much going on to sort out entry

...and unless I am allowed to cycle I wont break the course record....although I was hoping to have a stab at a PB

• Options

We got our numbers today: 510 and 512. I want to know who got 511?! Have I got a long lost brother I didn't know about?

I can say that I WON'T be out on the razz the night before, although I think the cross country the day before may have more effect.

And Mr W - finally worked out who you are from the race letter. Hello!

• Options

I too will be out on the razz the evening before the race so forgive me if the race photos are a bit wobbly!!

• Options
    joddlyjoddly ✭✭✭

You will be forgiven - soft focus could work wellimage.

I'm up too late tonight, too - my 10k PB is fading away fast!

• Options
    Perhaps we could police each other Rich!
  • Options

there's a thought, joddly image

get thee to bed and get your pb head back on again imageimage

and there's another thought, SB . . but who's going to look after the handcuffs? image

• Options

handcuffs?..........blimey what kind of race is this going to be?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!image

Richk, I will be bright and sparkly on the day for your pics dont worryimage

• Options

Not sure how bright I'll look for pictures..! Looking forward to AR again this year, got a 10K PB there last year. My race number is 247, I'll be the one at the start swearing at my watch because I don't know how to use the thing properly.

Maybe I should think about becoming a member of Alchester, you all seem very friendly and I only live about 6 miles West of Bicester.

• Options
    Alkie Mike, Alchester are a great club! I was a member and only left because I moved to Newbury. Good speed sessions, well organised club runs (in pace groups - a lot of clubs don't do this) and many people meet up at the weekend for longer runs. They also hold various social events....
  • Options
    Great club Alkie!  I travel over from Buckingham
  • Options
    PipesPipes ✭✭✭
    Yay to the race being full but shame that Nick L didn't get a place.

Welcome to the thread Alkie Mike, unless you've posted before and I've missed you. I echo what Rach E and SB said about the club being very friendly. Come and run with us some Thursday to see!

I picked up my 'Santa Run' costume today from the town hall and it's HUGE!!! And very warm, too. I'm not sure how I'll keep my beard up either (or breathe through it!) so I'm going to be very sad and test it out on the treadmill (in the garage). At least it covers so much of me that no-one will recognise me (ie kids from the school where I teach!). Hope the club does a jingle bells run again this year so that I can wear it to something else (hint hint Mr Weeble)!

• Options
    PipesPipes ✭✭✭
    I'll be there, D2D, but have tired legs so would be happy to stick to whatever pace you wanted to go. If you're not there, I'll try to go at 8m/m but not sure I really should tonight! I was debating going to see the lights being switched on but decided I'd prefer to run.
  • Options
    PipesPipes ✭✭✭
    No, he won't mind. I'll bribe him with more eggs if he does!

I did 4 with the buggy in the strong wind this morning - it was tough! See you soon.
  • Options

Pipes - Jingle bells run is on as ever - Thursday 17th (drinks in 6 Bells after)

D2D - come along, give it at least 3 sessions before making a commitment.

No rain!!!! AM - ARC are a very friendly club.

• Options

Didn't make club tonight as my bus that normally gets me home at just after 6 got me back at 6:55.

Are you sure it's full Mr W, can't fit in an extra one pleasepleasepleasepleaseplease

No?

In that case please can I marshall, pleasepleasepleasepleasepleaseplease?

• Options
    HE - you can marshall! Sorry mate but I've just had 20 entries pushed through my door and that wouldn't be fair on these people.
  • Options
    A mike, im thinking of joining ARC too,and im another who has problems with watches and working  them at the startline!  imagei can vouch that ARC do seem to be  a friendly bunchimage