Options

Radio Worcestershire

Comments

• Options

Convenient whipping boy, Mr B. I find that I only count 'time fixing teeth' as 'time working'; it's the same with teaching; if you're not teaching you're not working (in the public perception...)

Otherwise morbidslut...

• Options

Morning all image

Barkes - happy ticking!  <jangles sleigh bells>

I am i festive racing mode today.  I have more lists on my hands.  We have guests arriving tomorrow, in advance of our Santa express trip tomorrow.  Blimey, its cold outside.

Right, off to nativity mass in 6 mins. 

<jangles bells again>

• Options
    Tomorrow?  Sure about that?
  • Options

Yep - I'm coming to stay Wickett, didn't Wotsit mention it? Part of 'give a tramp a home at Christmas'.

Incidentally, I forgot to mention I was walking through our reception at work yesterday, and there was a small bloke sat on his own in the corner minding his own business. Quite what Dennis Wise was doing in our reception I have no idea.

• Options
    Waiting for his Christmas TV special to be re-shown?  Come to think of it, I didn't realise he was still alive....
  • Options
    If Newcastle supporters had had our way, he wouldn't be......
  • Options

I meant tonight, obviously.  In time for tomorrow.

My Mum has made us some mince pies.  She passed them over after the nativity mass.  I love her.  I'm now eating them.

• Options
    The Trickster and the Tinsel wrote (see)
    No more Terry - what?

Sorry - Wogan, on radio 2 at breakfast.

The Trickster and the Tinsel wrote (see)
    It does annoy me when people post up queries as to 'how can I cycle faster' when they can already cycle at 20mph for 15 miles and have a marathon PB some 90 mins quicker than mine and be a mother to six (!) kids. I'd love to be that organised and that quick.

I guess it's all relative. The trouble is, the poster in question competes against a GB duathlete in those local races, so she probably has a warped idea of what is "normal" and thinks she is considerably slower than she actually is. I do agree though, she seems amazingly organised and highly motivated.

There is about a half inch of snow outside. And a lot of traffic at our bird table - they don't have long to stock up when days are this short!

• Options

Blimey - you is well informed on the Scottish duathlon scene flyaway!

I bin runnin. Well, lets be honest, jogging. It was ace - really really lovely scenery esp. the bit through the woods (Harmergreen woods near Burnham Green Mousers). Went above my knees in a snowdrift at one point. Blue skies, crisp clear air - hopefully that's killed off the last of my cough.

I didn't even get any sarcastic 'run forest run' comments from the kids out sledging.

Now, time to focus on my upcoming performance (I appear on stage in my churches Contemporary Christmas service tonight). I have memorised my lines. All one of them.

• Options
  • Options
    Ahhhhhh...... Crabbies alcoholic Ginger Ale.  Mmmmm.... warming.  The rest of today is officially a write off.
  • Options
    Wickett's in-laws are arriving and he's drinking alcohol. Anyone spot a link here? Anyone?
  • Options
    No, it's ok.  It's my brother and his family, ergo just a sister "in law".  They'll understand.....
  • Options

Wickett - I suggest you might want to find an offie that stocks it on your way home.

And snacks.

• Options

Go for it, Wickers old chum.

Amazingly, I have a minute! My life is just a tad hectic at the moment.

Mr B, enjoy your break!

Good luck to those treading the boards tonight image

• Options

Hello all.

Ant get well soon.

Wickett enjoy your crabbies. I'm more of a stones girl m'self.

NE has lit the woodburner, now it's roasting in here! He's now gone back to work to tend to his boy child who has been allegedly hit in the mouth with a cricket ball, but as both he and his mother are drama queens we're guessing it's not as bad as they make out! He's not 'appy having to drag his @rse back to work on a Friday night!

No snow for us. grrrr. We've had the odd flurry in Stratford and the Welcombe Hills were a bit white, but nothing as exciting as GOM or Tricky.

What a bloomin shame it can't come a week later! What are the odds of it snowing on christmas day. I bet there won't be a flake, zero, nada, zilch. Grrrr.

• Options

Evening

NE/EG - Why was he playing cricket in December?

First Christmas meal this lunchtime and then the BPJ do tomorrow night.

I now just feel bleurgh, no energy etc.

I am going through the calendar to work out what events I want to do next year. image

• Options

Ant... we can recommend a few:

Stratford Mara
    Bala Middle
    IMDE

We had our Christmas do at Jimmy Spices last Friday. We've got our best friends coming for dinner tomorrow night (they're not a couple, although we did try and match make, but they just get on well) then I think that's it until the 'big' dinner on Chistmas Day image I think I might put the stone back on that I lost!

• Options

Stratford Mara - No, I'm doing the Blackheath fun run on that day.
    Bala Middle - Of course, entry went in last week.
    IMDE - Can't be that good, you're not doing it. image

So far I have entered/will enter
    Gloucester 10
    NTRIX
    Rhayader 20
    Blackheath marathon
    Bala middle

probably entering
    Mayhill Massacre

thinking about
    Dursley dozen
    Dragon ride

• Options
    not forgetting  Windymare and Snowdonia   image

We have looooooads of snow and I would quite like for it to be gone by the morning please
  • Options

and Beachy image

ahhhh sounds like NE has just pulled on the drive. Tea time! image

• Options
    Didnt realise you had ladies of the night in your area   image
  • Options

<groan> Nice one Melds image

Given the Dragon's track record as a drama queen, did the boy child have

a) major facial and dental trauma

or

b) a bit of a fat lip

Those of you who said a) are hopelessly wrong, it was b) a bit of a fat lip; let's have a look at what you could have won...

• Options

I said b, I said b.... I win I win image

• Options
    And I thought we were your best friends after last Christmas and lake Bala image
  • Options

Must get my Windermere entry in.

So I runned. In minus somat temps.

Shite news here though - my next door neifhbours over the road were burgled last night - car gone,but most importantly, all the pressies from under the tree. How crap is that. 4 kids in that household. I'm going to go out tomorrow and buy them all something. And on a selfish note, I live alone and am out alot - it's worrying.

• Options

Morning all,

Min - that isn't good news for the family. I know it isn't the same, but lets hope their insurance pays up quickly.

Still lots of snow here, but I am now on holiday for the next 2 weeks image

Though I do have a couple of emails to write and a document to prepare, but this should only take 30mins or so.

Think I am going to have a little run across the Fens this afternoon in the snow, which should be fun as long as I don't break a leg or something.

Hope everyone has a lovely day image

• Options

Morning Wussies

Snow running is ace,  it makes yuo feel like you are a child again   image

Min that is shite news for them,  for you just make sure that nothing is left on view,  any alarm systems are up and working,   leave a radio on when you go out and a light if possible ...  shovel snow from the paths as a fresh snow fall can indicate to Mr Burglar if anyone is at home or not.  There is not much more you can do to be honest, you just want to make it as difficult for them as possible to get in and out.

• Options
    Morning all!

We had the staff do out last night in Monmouth - we went there in a minibus - it was hysterical but I'm not saying anything else or I'll have to kill you image
  • Options

Morning......NOoo Snow.....thank goodness..well not for next week anyway...Coz am traveling across country to Norfolk on Christmas Eve.....otherwise it will be Christmas Dinner for one in Nth Walesimage.

I think i have a cold brewing.....i treadmilled first last nite, then weights, then ran with Min in minus sumat...well if felt minus sumat!!image This morning its hohum....my head aches, and no i didn't drink last night .

I know all about Mini buses and nights out HL.....def one for top secret draw.image

Was gonna take my car to be washed, burrrt...... Mitchells washer is frozen.....Ooh surprise surprise.!!! Shame, free wash whilst i went shopping in Cheshire Oaks......Oh well will be slumming it in Wrexham shopping Centre....now where's my listimage