Options

Talkback: Lucozade Sport Super Six: Vicky (sub-4:30)

Comments

• Options

Ha ha Mark!  I don't like chocolate so doesn't appeal to me in the slightest - mention something savoury though and thats a different matter.........bacon sandwich, oak smoked cheddar and biscuits.........yum!

I think the three runs a week one is on the training pages or have a look at Hal Higdon Novice schedule which I used my previous 3 marathons and did only 3 runs per week.

• Options

Hi all firstly there will be no negative stuff on here anyone that does will be booted image

If I get to the day before London and something is wrong I won't do it simple as that  my health comes first end of .

Mark eat the mars bar now I say don't wait image

My eating for the run tomorrow will be.

0600 get up.

0630 porridge with 1 x banana mug of tea.

0715 leave for destination.

0800 1 x banana coffe and water .

0845 1 x mars bar.

during run water at least 750 ml sis gels at half hour intervals up to 2.5 hours and an sis smart 1 (caffeine content) at 15 or 16 miles.

Post run Lucozade body fuel 1 x banana 2  x multigrain sandwiched corned beef  .

Plus more after if I feel hungry!

• Options
    Hi Mark this is the three runs per week that I'm following as I can't run at the weekends (I'm also Kickboxing on a Tue & Thur)
    Im still not losing any weight yet though image

WEEK TEN

5 Mon 2M jog, then 3M
    7 Wed 7M (approx 80 mins) slow
    12th 13 Fri Half-marathon Aim for sub-2:00

WEEK ELEVEN

10 Mon 10M (approx 1hr 45) steady
    5 Wed 5M (approx 57 mins) slow
    19th 18 Fri 18M (approx 3hrs 15) slow

WEEK TWELVE

7 Mon 7M (approx 80 mins) slow
    3 Wed 3M (approx 35 mins) easy
    26th 18 Fri 18M (approx 3hrs 15) slow

WEEK THIRTEEN

6 Mon 6M (approx 70 mins) slow
    2nd Apr 20 Fri 20M (approx 3hrs 30) slow

WEEK FOURTEEN

9 Mon 9M (approx 90 mins) steady
    5 Wed 5M (approx 57 mins) slow
    9th 17 Fri 17M (approx 3hrs) slow
    WEEK FIFTEEN

4 Mon 4M (approx 45 mins) slow
    16th 10 Fri 10M (approx 1hr 40) steady

WEEK SIXTEEN

3 Mon 3M (approx 35 mins) slow
    23rd 26 Sun The race
  • Options

Rod, there will be food at the end tomorrow!image

I'm drinking lots of water today and having a carb meal tonight.

• Options

Mark of Kent..........Thanks for that information may sack the RW schedule that I was on and drop to three runs plus the swimming..........save the pins from more damage......if I recover from the hammies....

Pinkerbelle..........had cheddar cheese with pickle onions in it (Morrisons own brand) on toast and white stilton last night late on as I had the munchies followed by a nutella chocie spread on toast or was it two slices............love cheese.........prefer it to meat or eggs or much else..........image

• Options
    PG3PG3 ✭✭✭

MS - here is the link to the one i follow.  I think they are pretty much the same.   This one works for me as you always get a rest day after a run.

MarkofKent - i am gaining weight image  That's because i am greedy!  I dont have that 'full/stop' button.  I get full but i push on through it.

http://www.marathon-training-program.com/three-day-program-finish.html

• Options
    Pinkerbelle wrote (see)

Ha ha Mark!  I don't like chocolate so doesn't appeal to me in the slightest - mention something savoury though and thats a different matter.........bacon sandwich, oak smoked cheddar and biscuits.........yum!

I think the three runs a week one is on the training pages or have a look at Hal Higdon Novice schedule which I used my previous 3 marathons and did only 3 runs per week.

I am not a sweet took either Pinks good job really being diabetic image
    The dietician told me to take a mars bar on the runs but I decided to eat that first and do the gel thing during the actual running, today I will have a normal sort of eating day the usual 3 x meals I always have to lean on the carb side for the diabetes, I will be drinking more water than normal so I eneter tomorrows run completely hydrated.

Regarding the 3 runs a week I was suprised when smartcoach only worked my schedule out based on 3. It is because I put in I do 21 to 25 MPW, however it has done me proud so far, the long runs came vey quickly but as I had a good level of distance under my belt already it wasn't really an issue.

Also it is manageable and at no time have I been fed up and not wanted to run, also some weeks I run 4 times as I will do the odd 2 miles on the treadmill at the gym.

Regarding pacing tomorrow I was hoping to keep it as constant as possible, would 10.20 be ok for everyone, we can do slower its up to everyone else. I'm easy whatever we do .image

• Options
    PipG wrote (see)

MarkofKent - i am gaining weight image  That's because i am greedy!  I dont have that 'full/stop' button.  I get full but i push on through it.

http://www.marathon-training-program.com/three-day-program-finish.html

Pip.......glad to see someone else hasn't got a stop buttonimage
  • Options
    Pinkerbelle wrote (see)

Rod, there will be food at the end tomorrow!image

I'm drinking lots of water today and having a carb meal tonight.

wow thanks Pinks  I always like to come prepared. Also i need to keep an eye on the time as I have a juob on tomorrow night and need to be back, the long runs I do on my own I tend to plod on and stop for a minute or 2 half way, the group I do some of my lsr's with tend to stop a fair bit, if this is the case I "stop the clock" so it doesn't add a load of time to the running. Obviosly I don't know what strategy you guys take, I wpould have thought we would be done by 12.30 which gives me some time to eat and have a post run chat before I leave to get back to Stratford.
  • Options

Rod, 10:20 pace is fine for me I think. 

Oh so there is a stop button then?!!

• Options

Hash I really feel for you!!!

Sorry guys I'm not going to be able to make it tomorrow because of the crew strike at work I've been pulled in image I will be thinking of you all though and hopefully if I can get out of work early enough tomorrow afternoon I too will be doing a 20miler!!  Am absolutely gutted I can't come but have to go and show my face at work as tough times are being predicted

Run well for me guys xxx

• Options
    Hope you all have a good run tomorrow. I am actually quite relieved not to be doing it now if you are doing 20.  Don't think I would be up for that again this soon image
  • Options

((((Hash)))) - my first ever virtual hug goes to you.  You are very brave and I hope you can now start to sort things out for the long term .I look forward to reading about your training for VLM 2011 next year.

Rod - I admire your organisation, for some reason I have put more thought into what I will be wearing rather than what I will be eating.

Pinks - had a sausage and egg sandwich this morning.  We normally have curry on a Friday night but I think I will have to give that a miss or have something very plain.  Will be snaking on an M&S dried fruit, nuts and seeds mix this afternoon and keeping hydrated with tea and summer fruit squash.

I'm off for a short jog along the river - want to test the garmin in the city rather than do any real speed or distance - saving myself for tomorrow.

Ps - my mums test results came back all clear so she does not require any further operationsimage

• Options
    Good news Suze imageimage
  • Options

Suze great news about your mum imageimage

Hash am so pleased you have come to a decision. Personally I think its the right one for you. Once you've come to terms with it and get on with recovery you will feel better (honest). And if you are planning on supporting at mudchute you will have a ball image Oh and if you have a support group count me in yoursimage  ((((()))))))

• Options
    AndyVAndyV ✭✭✭

Sxxt Hash, where do i begin. There isn't much I can add that hasn't already been, brilliantly, posted by others. 

You are making a brave decision, the right decision and a decision which should mean you can storm VLM in 2011. You have given this everything and I for one have nothing but admiration for your efforts. I'm pretty certain  everyone else on the forum agrees.

(((((( ))))))))) I assume this is a virtual hug as that's what i'm trying to do.

• Options

Great news Suze, you must be very relieved.

Hash can i be in your support group, if you have one, too please!image

• Options
    I'm afraid 10.20 for a 20 mile training run would be too much for me as that is only 20 seconds above PMP.  I shall work out tonight how to log our start point onto the Garmin and then I'll be able to navigate myself back from part way.
  • Options

SB we can go slower tha that if you want no worries 

would 1040 be more like it image

• Options

A lurker finally dares to chip in … Hi Vicky (oops, sorry – Hash) having just read your recent posts I had to stop by to give you a big (virtual) hug, and say how sad I feel for you. 

I remember when I first started running and entered my first race (Standalone 10k) you offered to help and show me the route and gave me the encouragement to do it.  You have always been positive and supportive …and although we haven’t worked together for a long time now – you were still the first person I wanted to tell when I finally got my ballot place this year … as I knew you would be chuffed for me … and you were.  I couldn’t think of a nicer person to have made it through to the Super Sixers either… and you were just soooooo excited – what a rollercoaster ride you’ve been on since!  Maybe they’ll give you another chance next year?    

I am sure you are feeling pretty damned miserable right now… but you know there's no point in crippling yourself … as your friends on here have said it is the right decision and… after all .. it is just one race!  So …chin up - if you can! Keep smiling – if you can!  Here’s to your team … Team Hash. Big hugs!! See you soon.

• Options

Nothing much I can add.  It is the right decision Hash, get yourself sorted and come back stronger than ever before.  You are obviously a strong lady and an inspiration to us all.

Good luck on your recovery - it will happen

• Options
    PG3PG3 ✭✭✭

Suze great news

Hash - we are team Hash.  I will dedicate one of my miles to you (hopefully it wont be a slow one!)

• Options

Vik I’m really sorry to hear you can’t make tomorrow, I’d have loved to have met you. 

Pinks thank you for your lovely e-mail, I wouldn’t miss tomorrow for the world and I’m really looking forward to meeting everyone.  

Mark, wise words.  Good luck, hope the hamstring gets cured quickly, and here’s to you getting back on track next week. 

Suze, fantastic news re your mum, I’m so glad to hear it 

Thank you all so much for all your lovely comments, you’re an amazing bunch of people.  I daren’t go online during the day apart from lunchtime, but couldn’t resist the odd little lurk on my phone.   Now stop being nice to me, it sets me off and I’ve sat at my desk in floods all morning as a result!  Nice tears, though, if you know what I mean.  Nobody around me quite knows where to look and the blokes are all being terribly British, pretending they haven’t noticed.image 

I have to be realistic, though, and admit that I haven’t been able to do any of the past 9 weeks of the training plan, and if two miles of very gentle jogging on grass has this effect, then there’s no way on God’s good earth I can get myself ready to run 26 in six weeks’ time without doing even more damage.  More than anything else I want to run again.   

The backlash Blouse is talking about wouldn’t come from any of you, I know that, but after what happened last year I’m kind of expecting it on a separate thread in the VLM section, especially after all the nastiness when the shortlist came out, and the sour grapes from some of the people who weren’t on it but thought they ought to be.  Anyway, if it happens it happens, stuff them and it’s the opinion of my friends and my brilliant rock of a hubby that matters.  Liz, Catherine and Suzie from Fasttrack have all said some lovely things by e-mail. 

There is one thing I’d really like, if it’s possible.  My accommodation at Dorney Lake and at VLM is already booked and paid for, so I’ve asked if Rio can have it.  It will probably take a while to get an answer as I should imagine the request will need to go up and down between RW, Fasttrack and Lucozade or someone, but meanwhile a little groundswell of opinion on here can’t do any harm.  I didn’t believe it last November when I saw we were up against each other in the shortlist and as we said at the start of all this, it was the Hash and Rio thread.  Her training is going really well, and she’s an inspiration to so many runners, taking out beginners on training runs, giving really sound advice, and if anyone should be wearing a Super Six top on VLM day, she should 

I’ve got two choices, I can either crawl under a stone sobbing woe-is-me, or I can stand at Mudchute with my head held high, hug the life out of all of you and my lovely Super Six mates, to send all of you speeding to the finish line.  Guess which it’s going to be. 

Right, I'm off to the VLM supporters' thread, who's in?image

• Options

Several X posts and thanks for even more lovely comments

TWADDIEimageimageimage  Thank you so much lovely, even if you have set me off again!  Here's to the rest of your training going like a dream, and can't wait to see you with that medal around your neck xx

• Options

See you at mile 17 then Hash?  Better bring the tissues fo all of us eh???

I'm gutted I can't come but I'm sure i will see most of you in Chandos........ 

And Hash this is just a blip and you are a runner so you'll be back next year- same time same place??  Turns out I've got an old uni friend near you so next time I'm down there we'll have to meet for a pint!!!!

• Options
    Yes please Vik, definitely.  You've got my phone number, just let me know when you're going to be around
  • Options
    Oh Hash I am blubbing at my desk now getting some strange looks.  image
  • Options
    Im.Rio wrote (see)
    Oh Hash I am blubbing at my desk now getting some strange looks.  image

So long as they're happy tears, welcome to my worldimage

• Options
    Happy tears definitely.  If it happens I have a lot to live up to in you image
  • Options

Great post Hash...

Just heard the news from AndyV and thought i'd pop my nose in on here - ashamedly  I haven't posted on here before but lurked in a couple of times!

I think each of the Supersixers offers there own uniqueness in their approach to VLM and it's a sad day that you cannot take part (running). All the best with the recovery and keep us posted.