• Options
    ColumbaColumba ✭✭✭

NRD for me too.

Thanks for Serpies 10k info.

Enjoy your run with your neice, TE.

• Options
    RedheadRedhead ✭✭✭
    Morning all,

Decided on a rest day as work is going to be manic (free weekend!). Niggle seems to have eased so the rest has done it good and i'll be going for a sedate 15 miles tomorrow.

Good luck at Hastings JJ!
  • Options
    Hope the Hastings Half went well JJ? Hope you didn't have such a wretched day as here in the South. Did a 4.7 mile tempo run in heavy rain.
  • Options

Hope you had a good run JJ.

Horribly wet here too today, and more promised for tomorrow. Went swimming at lunchtime with John, very few other swimmers there so very nice, but my injured shoulder is playing up again so I quit after 2000m. John did 3600m. My arm is throbbing almost down to the elbow, I've had therapy, massage and cortisone shots, none of it has worked, I'm getting very frustrated. Looks like I need to take another rest from swimming. I'm going to go talk to my GP as well, as the notes on my cholesterol tablets say muscle weakness and atrophy is a possible side effect. Can't see any other reason why my biceps muscle has almost disappeared on the bad arm, my left arm is still normal. I've always been quite strong for a female but I'm struggling with this arm at the moment.

Oh well, I shall concentrate tomorrow on my scheduled bike/run "brick" - 25km cycle and 3km run, done 3 times. Really enjoy these kinds of workouts.

• Options

Afternoon all,

Well i was working at York hospital yesterday and i got the opportunity to talk to a doctor, reference ribs. He had a quick look and said that they were bruised, if anything was  broken i would have a problem breathing. He added that the pain could get worse before better as the bruising  works it way out  and gave me a leaflet that explained everything about bruised ribs.

Now then, bearing in mind he told me to take it easy and me being concious of the fact i'm not only stupid but i've got a 20 mile race next sunday, i thought i'd go for a  run this morning. Nice and steady again with no distance really in mind. The pain in my rib cage was,nt too bad so i clocked up mile after mile until i called it a day after 14 miles in 2-38-43.  I 'm happy to say there was no repeat of the severe pain like the other day just a dull ache.

Now i got home and recieved a phone call to ask if i'm available for football on Tuesday night and yep you guessed it i said yes ! No need to tell me, i am bonkers !! 

• Options

you certainly are, OT!

Did my triple "brick" of 25km cycle/3km run, pretty pleased with myself as I feel ok. 1st was 44mins 18 bike/18:11 run, then 47:42/18:02. last one was 47:24/18:13.

Yes ok, I know the run needs to be faster!

• Options
    RedheadRedhead ✭✭✭
    Evening all,

I did 13 hilly miles today with no niggle from the offending leg. Fantastic! Just shows that a rest can really reap rewards image

OT, silly boy!
    <wraps a cushioned bandage around OT's ribs>

IW, times look good to me.

JJ, how was Hastings?
  • Options
    RedheadRedhead ✭✭✭
    Afternoon all,

Aha, so you did Ok then JJ! Good time considering you weren't fussed. I feel the same about Hastings as I'd done it for 6 consecutive years and couldn't face it again even though is is a good one.

Rest day for me so am busy pottering in the garden.
  • Options

Well done JJ, an excellent time on what sounds like a very tough course. How do you remember details of the course for every mile? You must have a photographic memory.

Ran 5.5 miles this afternoon including 8 x 2 min with 60 sec jog recoveries on grass.

• Options

JJ, thats some time at 69 and a half, well done  !!

No running today,  gone to work for a rest  !

• Options

I still think that was an excellent time for your age JJ. I would be very happy to run that sort of time when I get to your age. I haven't done a half since October 2004, when I ran 1.38.16. I am thinking about doing that half again ths year, but it will probably take me about 2 hoursimage

• Options
    RedheadRedhead ✭✭✭
    Evening all,

JJ, in case I miss you, I hope you have a lovely time in HK. Are you doing Paddock Wood?
  • Options

Evening,

I appear to have come through a game of football tonight unscathed, the rib cage still a little sore, but well, i'm now thinking in terms of East Hull 20 on sunday. 

JJ, Paddock Wood ? Which part of Kent is that and  what is the course like ?  I might put that one in my diary for next year.

• Options

Many thanks JJ.

I am pleased to be able to say, that my rib cage is a lot better , the pain has subsided quite a lot. So much so i got a 7 mile run in this afternoon with no further aggravation

I hope everyone elses niggles are improving too. image

• Options
    ColumbaColumba ✭✭✭

Have had a very busy few days with people coming and going. No time for running, but did get in an early morning swim yesterday, and a 35-minute run today.

Have a great time in Hong Kong, JJ 

• Options
    Have a good drip, er, trip, JJ!
  • Options

Didn't run today as the heavens opened and it started to thunder and lightening just before I was about to go out. I don't mind running in heavy rain, but won't run during a storm.

Safe journey JJ!

• Options
    ColumbaColumba ✭✭✭
    Will you be knitting as you run, Red? If so, what?
  • Options

No running today, resting up for sunday and no pain in my ribs, looks to have cleared up.

Redhead, all the best for sunday, sorry i must have missed previous posts, which race are you doing ? 

• Options

Good luck for Sunday Redhead!

Did 8 x 100m with 60 sec jog recoveries this afternoon, on a muddy path.

• Options
    ColumbaColumba ✭✭✭

Good news, OT.

Ran for an hour and 16 minutes.  Didn't feel very lively, and fell asleep in the afternoon.