Options

Port Talbot harriers

Comments

• Options

FL don't you mean whats this obsession i have about you xxxxx image

enjoy the rb mate shame we couldn't have a bash @ san dom together you would knock a good 5 mins of your pb aswell mateimagelooks like i will go it aloneimage

• Options
    BB - I think the idea of a meeting place is a good idea. Most clubs would welcome (free of any charge), any attendance to put some money behind the bar even if it is a few cokes. If it does not work well so be it, but we wont know until we try...... must be worth a shout and should cost nothing to try... 
  • Options

MM61, thank you some points i new it would not be long to here from youimage 2 PTS

off 2 work i goimage bye

• Options

MM61 funnily enough you have brought up a subject i was going to ask you a question about,being as you are the most experienced marathon runner on this forum  [ also the cockiest]image

What do you wear on a cold wet marathon or 20 miler,i have done plenty of shorter races in the cold and wet but not longer races Do you wear a thermal base layer ?

• Options
    MM no you wimp will be is answer ithinkimage
  • Options
    Paff, same here, I just got back from my long run as u suggested so I see how I recover for Sunday cos I seem to have tired legs at the moment !! Hope u had a good run but it baffles me how u guys just keep pushing out the long runs n seem to recover so quickly.... is there a secret ?? Anyhow dun me cold bath , oh the joys ! Who mentioned a pub ? Sounds a bloomin crackin idea !! ha ha !
  • Options

PR5  what time you got in mind sunday? take it easy up the long drag & nail it on the steep decentimage

ABU thanks mate enjoy your nite shiftimagei did em for 8 yrs & hated it

MM 1stly you wimpimage @ the start wear a bin liner but for the race your better off with just your basic kit as in the rain your base layer would hold a lot of water & would drag your core body temp down,which if you were out to long could lead to hyper thermia,i only recomend a baselayer if it's dry & bitterly cold
    if it's gonna pour down as predicted bust a gut mate forget about a fast training run & get the job doneimagehope that answers your question PS I DO RECOMMEND GLOVES MATE

i'm maybe be the cockiest but it's only tongue in cheak banterimageonly abit of fun,but as for the most experianced long distance runner that must go to BBimage

• Options

MM are you doing your dreaded predictions for the RB10K,& SANDOM 20

• Options
    MM61 that's a nice way to call me an old git your all hartimagei feel a pint coming onimage
  • Options

MM61 - Really have no idea what time I will do! Will take the flat parts as normal and take your advice on the hills and see whats left for the run home!!!

Cheryl - Still no over whelming evidence about cold/ice baths.... its all theoretical, fine if you got injuries but not so sure about it otherwiseimage I like the idea of having some science behind what we do!! But like you, not sure how these guys run! and run! and run!

IT - How are things??

There are a few people doing marathons over the next few months, if any of you are raising money for charities take the opportunity to get your links on here!!image Even a extra £5 for your charity would mean a lot to them. NTI I know you are doing one and a very personal cause as well!!!!

• Options

I am back in town finally!! Remembered my password at last! Ray and I checked out the RB 10k course last nite as I hadn't seen it properly. Can't wait til Sun!!! ??? image First time for me to do the race.

Anyone see me on BBC Wales Today News tonight - I was on at about 6.45 live broadcast from Aberafan beach. image

Thinking of running back to Baglan after Sun race so can anyone give me and Ray a lift to race from B Brook  if I leave my car in Baglan?? cheerz

• Options
    Hi Jude, welcome backimage
  • Options
    Where did the mermaid go?
  • Options
    Well everyone I had anight off tonite and even had couple of pints. Asked at the Port Talbot Football Club if they were interested in us using the club as a base and the changing facilities, we can use all their facilities free of charge, any functions we would like to hold if food is required will be done at a low price from chips & sausage to a buffett or if we want take out own food or just simply like PR5 said just a few cokes after a race. 
  • Options
    Evening all been out and done 18.15 miles in 2hr33mins ave 8.26 legs feel tired so will rest tomorrow ready for sunday
  • Options
    Paff - when is the llanelli marathon?
  • Options
    jason djason d ✭✭✭

MM - I'm with MM61 on that one - shorts, vest/shirt and gloves and keep going! I have got a Montane Marathon jacket which I have worn if massive cold winds for long slow runs, but not for racing- nevr have a problem with the cold, except for my hands, but hate the heat!! 

Managed to leave the bathroom and return to work and running today, but no energy for either really!! Did my 8m tonight, but quickly realised it was going to be recovery pace though - still glad I did it!image Got a pain in my left shin and groin at the mo,  but both seem to disappear when I run, so guess I should just keep going -??  image

DV3 - llanelli is 18th April. PAFF - see you thereimagewhat time you hoping for?

• Options
    jason djason d ✭✭✭
  • Options
    jason djason d ✭✭✭

PR5 - wasn't going to do this one for charity, cos for Snowdon i spent loads of time chasing up sponsorship- and ended up forking out £30 of my own money tooimage. But figured that if I could raise some money for a good cause and people wanted to sponsor me then great. Thought about a worthy and local cause, and only today I have created a Justgiving page for Ty Hafan if anyone is interested- not going to push it, but thought if I could just raise £50 for those guys it would find a good home....

http://www.justgiving.com/Jasondickinson1 

• Options
    JD a couple of weeks ago thought i wasnt doing it  due 2 injury so will be very happy if i get under 4 hours
  • Options
    JD - Very tempted to run it. Would hope for 4hr ish, having not run 1 yet. running 18 miLes at the moment in just under 3hrs. Who else is running it from the club?
  • Options

Jude - what was happening done at the beach? I was running about that time and didn't see anything.  Must have had my head in the sand again!

Paff - good going. Take it easy for Sunday.

FL - glad to see you had a very slow one again tonightimage

• Options
    RB intend 2 mate sorry couldn't wait but had 2 get home did u get out for a run?
  • Options
    jason djason d ✭✭✭
    Paff - Glad you're on the mend, see you thereimage. You too maybe DV3?image
  • Options
    JD - what time you hoping for?
  • Options
    jason djason d ✭✭✭
    3.10 ishimage on a good day with the right weather maybe 3.07imageimage, but anything under 3.15image
  • Options
    Paff - yes, did 8 miler down at the beach but not until after 6 as I couldn't find the energy any earlier.  That made 50 for the week.  Not much more to do before I start to taper  ... can't wait!
  • Options
    JD - you will be in the Pub by the time I finish if I do enter, but I suppose I have to start somewhere.