Options

Sheffield social

Comments

• Options

Sounds nice YL! Like early morning runs (though I don't do them that often), it's always so quiet and peaceful.

Mozzy - found the form and have emailed it to you. Well I found a form anyway, hope it's the right one!

Had a good swim this morning followed by a nice latte in the Peace Gardens soaking up a few rays, shame I then had to come to work!

• Options
    Stuart H wrote (see)
    Had a good swim this morning followed by a nice latte in the Peace Gardens soaking up a few rays, shame I then had to come to work!

This sounds suspiciously like training for Monday. Please wait for me at the end.

• Options
    Barry K wrote (see)
    Stuart H wrote (see)

This sounds suspiciously like training for Monday. Please wait for me at the end.

It is Barry, I shall be doing a lot of coffe drinking and sun bathing on Monday.
  • Options

Cheers Stu! That's it!

Bloody Stu is gonna thrash us all on Monday.

My knee stuill hurts (getting my excusus in early). Trying a new approach today as the icing wasn't helping - rooted out my old knee support - it's working a treat - largely becasue it's digging in so hard behind my knee it's detracting from the pain at the front.

Percy Pud entry sent, entered the 10 10 10 and considering Buxton/New Mills tri. Other than that just the SWR and I'm done for 2010. May 2011 reep fewer injuries and more races!

Lee - did you get a team together for the SWR?

• Options

Stu - where was that form? I couldn't see any mention of it at all.

My Percy Pud entry went off this morning as well.

• Options

Must get that PP entry off.

Baz - Under the training drop down on the homepage there's a link to Rother Valley Open Water Swimming and the form is about half way down the page.

Mozzy - Not sure I will be doing any thrashing, as I'm a complete newbie I'll probably take 5mins in the transitions and then trip over my jelly legs as soon as I start on the run! image

• Options
    runningowl wrote (see)
    Mozzy wrote (see)
    Aitch! Yeah - social - someone start a list . . .

When? Where?

heard the Washington has a blinding Quiz night on sundays.image

It sure does.image

I take a night off and what happens you lot start talking about treadmills!

Aitch would be well up for a social afraid I’m booked up for every sat and quite a few Sundays as well till about the end of October through with weddings, races, festivals and a new project.imageimage

Becky running in the next couple of weeks won’t make much difference for the vit. The brick sessions will be useful for getting off the bike on the day but you might want to consider doing most of your training on the bike and in the swim.

Mozzy if useful I can print off a copy of the pud and take it up to yours tonight?
  • Options
    Oh 7 at enclift very cool by me. image
  • Options
    Stuart H wrote (see)

Baz - Under the training drop down on the homepage there's a link to Rother Valley Open Water Swimming and the form is about half way down the page.

Mozzy - Not sure I will be doing any thrashing, as I'm a complete newbie I'll probably take 5mins in the transitions and then trip over my jelly legs as soon as I start on the run! image

image He's looking at shef tri website already. image Bring on outlaw!image
  • Options
    Stuart H wrote (see)

The one tab I don't think I clicked on image

One thing with the run in Matlock. The flat bit through the park is nice enough to make you think that running off the bike isn't so bad. Then you get to the hill and realise that it is actually quite bad. You've done at least the same number of brick sessions this year as I have so less of the newbie stuff.

• Options
    Cake wrote (see)

You obviously missed the bits about 'ladies of the night'. Good to see you're focussed on running though image

• Options
    Cake wrote (see)
    Stuart H wrote (see)

Enough of that Cack. Only went to the site to help Mozzy out!
  • Options

image More brainwashing requied?

Barry K wrote (see)
    Cake wrote (see)

You obviously missed the bits about 'ladies of the night'. Good to see you're focussed on running though image

Always.imageimage 

• Options
    Stuart H wrote (see)
    Cake wrote (see)
    Stuart H wrote (see)

Enough of that Cack. Only went to the site to help Mozzy out!

I think Mozzy might need some help entering the Outlaw. Making sure if works before she enters and all that. Good of you to step up image

• Options
    Barry K wrote (see)
    One thing with the run in Matlock. The flat bit through the park is nice enough to make you think that running off the bike isn't so bad. Then you get to the hill and realise that it is actually quite bad. You've done at least the same number of brick sessions this year as I have so less of the newbie stuff.
    Will have to watch out for that Baz, cheers. Do you know what distance the run actually is? I'm guessing 5K but haven't actually seen confirmation of this anywhere. Not that you can really compare a hilly off road run to a normal 5k time wise.
  • Options
    I'm going to choose to ignore that last post of yours Baz.
  • Options
    I got 2.5 miles on my Garmin last year for the run.
  • Options
    Was that all Baz? Felt like more . . .
  • Options
    It certainly did feel like more.
  • Options

Cheers Baz.

Mozzy - meant to ask, what's the 10/10/10 thing? Can't find it on the old Interweb.

• Options
    Stuart H wrote (see)

Cheers Baz.

Mozzy - meant to ask, what's the 10/10/10 thing? Can't find it on the old Interweb.

Its on the same day as the Windgather Stu, which are you going to do?  I am giving some thought to the Windgather.

In Blackpool today visiting grandparents.

• Options
    Ah right, thanks guys. Nah I shall definitely be doing Windgather, more my cup of tea plus it's part of the Gritstone series so I need to do it.
  • Options

Fancied the Windgather but seeing as I only managed the first of the series I decided not to risk it and plumped for the more genteel option.

My knee hurts.

• Options

Done my (killer) interval session and recovery socks are on again. Hope to get to 175 miles this month but don`t know what race to do on Sunday or if I`ll have the energy to run properly.

BMB - As Cake `n` Moz said, not much point running now. Little to gain and lots to lose. I think it takes 8 or 9 days for your body to benefit from a session in terms of oxygenated blood cells, slow twitch fibres, etc anyway. I`d be tempted to do a 2 or 3 mile run at race pace a few days before though to see how your foot is going to feel. Good luck.

Red lights! My story! Went to Belgium with mad mate to watch Newcastle play Lockeren in the Inter-Toto Cup. Could not get a hotel to stay in as they thought that all English were hooligans, it not being so long since the Euros in Belgium with the Charleroi riots and all. Only place that would except us looked very dodgy but it was cheap and we`d have to share a bed. It quickly became apparent when we arrived back there late, drunk , after the match that it wasn`t an ordinary hotel. We had a couple of knocks on the door from ladies offering their services. We declined politely and fell into a drunken sleep on our bed for the night, which was a waterbed sleeping soundly. Next morning we woke up to find that we`d been robbed of phones , cards and cash. imageimage

Dreadmills - going to see gym in Dronfield on Friday. (£3.99 a week as it`s heavily subsidised by a government scheme.) image

• Options

In case interested there is a northern pirate p*ss up in the pipeline. Already pointed out that the 5th is the pud so would be good if anyoneelse interested say so in case Meldy would be willing to change the date. thread

Stu
    grimnutter
    Silverback
    Mozzy

It's time to play with the big boys and girls? Ready for next year.image

• Options
    ET- what was the interval session? More importantly wtf were you doing going abroad to watch Newcastle?
  • Options
    Cake wrote (see)

In case interested there is a northern pirate p*ss up in the pipeline. Already pointed out that the 5th is the pud so would be good if anyoneelse interested say so in case Meldy would be willing to change the date. thread

Stu
    grimnutter
    Silverback
    Mozzy

It's time to play with the big boys and girls? Ready for next year.image

I would, but yellow really isn't my colour. Suits Stu though!
  • Options

image Was thinking more getting to know folks and getting help if needed. Plus will be beer there.

So who's up for a run tonight? Is it just me and Sheila? image

• Options

Cakey boy that link doesn't work, says the thread has been deleted but think it might be that thing Baz mentioned before, something about not being able to link to a thread you've just replied to, or something!

Where's the social happening? Is this the thing you mentioned that was in Liverpool? Not sure I'd be willing to travel to meet a bunch of people I don't know, just to tell them I'm not doing an IM.

Re our own social, would we be better trying to arrange something midweek sometime? We've all got so many commitments at weekends we probably wouldn't be able to arrange anything this side of Christmas!