Options

Sub 5 hours

Comments

• Options
    TopSecTopSec ✭✭✭
    Tracey, if I am not on again before you go to Beachy - best of luck to you both and hope you enjoy it!! Don't push yourself too hard up those steps image

Your Mum cracks me up Lyndy image

Slugs, great news re your op, not long to wait. What will it mean when it is done, will you be back to 100%? Hope so!

GFB, I've always said that if I was to be tortured and deprived of anything the worst one would be sleep!! I bet JrMsGFB has a great time at the play.

I'm proud of myself, I got up and went straight out for a run! I was a bit late and didn't get up and go until 8 and by then the sun was out so I have run round and round and round the apartment complex as it was still shady (bet my track looks like a drunken spider). I should really do it earlier but it is dark until about 7:15 and Mr TS won't let me go out here in the dark on my own (I could be mean and make him come with me!) Anyway did my allotted 3 miles so all sorted till I go back to the club on Sat.

Got lunch with some friends today and then will take Mr TS to a meeting downtown so I will loiter down there for a couple of hours until he is done.
  • Options
    SlugstaSlugsta ✭✭✭

Well done, TS, it sounds as if you are feeling better today.

Yep, I'm hoping I'll be back to 'normal' after the op. It won't fix my chronic back problem but 85-90% of people find it cures the leg pain.

• Options

TS - Well done on your 3 miles today image 

Slugsta - The op should make bike riding easier image

• Options
    CindersCinders ✭✭✭

All the best for the op Slugsta

• Options

Kierrah is 15 today image

• Options
    CindersCinders ✭✭✭
    Happy Birthday Kierrah imageimageimage  Hope she's had a good day image
  • Options

Happy birthday Kierrah!

Well done on the loopy run TS!

All the very best for that op (Slugsta)...image

(I hope I'm not going to be a pain in the arse!  but I really need to get  a running programme up and going very soon - if I don't have a schedule I find it hard to motivate myself - I've been googling all day trying to find a 25 week schedule image - but I would love you guys to point me in a direction of something that is good - /end of obsessing!!)

• Options
    CindersCinders ✭✭✭

Morning!  Can't sleep.

GFB, still looking for a schedule also

• Options
    SlugstaSlugsta ✭✭✭

Morning,

Belated Happy Birthday, Kierrah.

Tracey, MS's birthday is 7th November,just 2 days before Andre.

My lovely old ginger boy didn't come home last night and I'm frantic. He was last seen 2 doors down, looking as if he was heading home but didn't get here. I suspect that he might have crawled away somewhere to die but there's just a chance that someone saw hime and took him home - he's very thin now and a cat lover might have thought he was a stray. Spent several hours last night  walking around the nieghbourhood, calling him and knocking on doors to ask if anyone had seen him. I'm going to leaflet the surrounding area today and contact the CPL lost + found volunteer.

• Options
    CindersCinders ✭✭✭
    ((( Slugsta ))) Hope you find him
  • Options

Anyone for Beachy...

Just getting over a cold so no PB for me I suspect.image

Still bought a new jacket for the rain which means it probably won't!

Hello to all and a special note to Adam (If we haven't frightened him away)

I started running in 1997 at 47 for FLM which I did in 5.12 ...

Beachy will be number 14 + 1 Ultra (Hence the name image)

You can do anything you set your mind to do!

However this year BH could take 6 hours! 

• Options
    SlugstaSlugsta ✭✭✭
    Hello, snowwy, is this weather more to your taste? By my calculations, you were 60 this year, the same as MrSlug, must be a good vintage image
  • Options

Hmm,

Slugsta, not quite... December babe!

• Options

Slugsta - hope you find your ginger friend.

Having a little ponder last night and figured I should just do the obvious and just schedule my own runs for the next couple of weeks - a couple of short ones and a longer one at the weekend - I'm such a dork! 

(I started running in 2005 after I watched MrGFB do his first ever IM - I was 41 (46 next week) and I've done 4 marathons and 5 half marathons and 2/3 of an IM - I still don't feel like a runner - probably should do more lol!)

• Options
    CindersCinders ✭✭✭
    GFB, did you do Dublin mara in 2005?
  • Options
    CindersCinders ✭✭✭
    Thought so, that was the last one I did image
  • Options
    Snowwy - See ya in Dukes Drive tomorrow with Bernard image I can prove you did that ultra because I was there doing the marathon. Now that was a cold race.
  • Options
    CindersCinders ✭✭✭
    Good luck Snowwy and Tracey image
  • Options
    Yes and very painful...image
  • Options

Morning everyone

A late start for me this morning as I was so knackered after yesterday's early one that I didn't wake up til 9:40 and I've spent the rest of the morning lazing in bed and reading the newspaper.  Must get on with some work now though.

Try this GFB Runners World Smartcoach.  You just fill in the details and it works out a plan specifically for you and you can work it around your own how many days a week you are able to run.

Happy Birthday Kierrahimage  Good luck to the Beachy people tomorrow - the weather is looking slightly better, showers rather than the deluge that was earlier promised.  Suppose Tracey's is already down here by now.

Mr L went to see the consultant on his own last night cos I was too tired, not having been able to catch up on any sleep during the day cos of bliddy phone calls.  Anyway, the upshot is that the consultant says he's past having any more arthroscopies as he has no cartliage left at all and is reluctant to carry out knee replacfements because he is still working (even though he's now 65 - the joys of having your own business) and a lot of his work involves hauling washing machines etc, on and off the van which would put too much wear and tear on new knees.  He's told him to lose 3st in weight (hurray, no perhaps he will do something about it!!!) and has made him another appointment in April and advised him to go back to his GP to get ultra strong painkillers and anti-inflammatories.  However, if the pain does become too unbearable he only has to phone and he can have the knee replacements straight away.

So, this weekend is going to be spent indulging ourselves and I am off out for a meal with a couple of girlfriends on Monday.  Therefore the new eating regime starts on Tuesday, he's seeing the GP on Friday afternoon and I'm going to devise some exercises to help strengthen his leg muscles so his knees are better supported in the meantime.  We're also going to try some gentle walks to help him with the weight loss, but it will have to be short ones to start off with as his knees hurt so much when he walks for too long.

Wish us luck image

• Options
    TopSecTopSec ✭✭✭
    Good luck Lyndy and Mr L. One of the easiest things to start the weight moving is cut down/out the alcohol, all 'empty' calories and as nice as they are they can me missed out without too much trouble. Like the idea of an indulgent weekend first though! image

Good luck Snowy for Beachy - 6 hours seems a very respectable time to me, I think I did about 6:20 last time I did it?

GFB, I have never run to a schedule in my marathon training, all I do (did) was a LSR at the weekend and 2 runs during the week, usually 4-6 miles each. My best time of 4:40 was achieved on very slow long runs (I was training Mr TS and our pace was 12-13mm) and then faster runs with my club during the week. Not sure what I will do this year, if I am here in Houston early Spring then my new club said they would do me a schedule so I would have to do that wouldn't i??! Otherwise I do a list of the Sundays and work backwards from 22 miles a month before with a couple of easier weeks here and there.

Slugsta image I really hope you get your Ginger boy back image That happened with me image
  • Options

Good luck to Tracey and Snowy doing Beechy can't wait to hear all about it. Slugsta hope you find Ginger!

I have looked at the smart coach but it doesn't ask you what time you want and that confuses me.

Really struggling with my running this week but think it is down to night shift and not eating very well.

Have a good weekend everyoneimage

• Options
    Where it asks you to put in a recent race time you can put in you hoped for finish time Flo Po.  It asks for a recent race time so that it can gear the schedule to your present capabilities, but putting in your hoped for finish time is just the same.
  • Options
    Thanks Lyndylou  makes sense now never thought of thatimage
  • Options
    CindersCinders ✭✭✭

Morning.

Looking a bit damp but go Beachy Headers image

Thanks for the link Lyndy, I like that Smartcoach app.

• Options
    SlugstaSlugsta ✭✭✭

Morning.

GO GO GO BHers

Good luck, Lyndy and Mr L. A physio should be able to work with him to help the surrounding muscles support the knee - don't know what the NHS availability is in your area.

We are now pretty sure that someone took my ginger boy, possibly thinking he was a stray cos he is so thin. That means that we have to leaflet/poster a bit further afield, so I had better get up and out!

• Options

Afternoon

Oh dear Slugsta, I do hope you find your ginger boy soon.  I remember when my cat went missing for 2 weeks.  We were living in the middle of a building site at the time, it being a brand new estate, and there were so many places he could have got locked up in.  Eventually he returned, hanging onto the window sill and "knocking" on the front room window with his paw.  Never did find out where he's been.  A smililar thing happened to my mum's cat too who eventually turned up, a bit thinner, but otherwise none the worse for her escapade.

A bit late I know, but go Beachy Headers.  It's been a lovely morning here so far although there are some dark clouds looming inland now.  Wouldn't want to be out on those cliff tops in the weather that was promised.  Hope it's been as good in Eastbourne as it has here.

I've also got all the RW Marathon Schedule e-mails saved on my computer if anyone wants them. There're 18 week schedules starting at -2 weeks to give you two weeks to prepare to start the full 16 week schedule.  Also got Shades beginners and intermediate plans.  Don't know why, cos I've never stuck to a schedule in my life.  That's why I never do any good I suppose image