Options

VLM 2010 Survivors

Comments

• Options
    Hash. wrote (see)

Do you ever feel that you literally don't have the battery power to carry on taking what life throws at you?  

I have the trickle charger plugged in Hash image
    When I first moved to where I am now I kept a whole load of chickens, need less to say the fox had the lot in one go, I never really recovered from that , a shame because I enjoyed keeping them, didn't get many eggs though image
    I am out and about to do a 10 miler this morning, I have enjoyed lounging about eating too much but enough is enough now , I ran twice this wee saying that and I feel a bit better now, groin strain on the mend too. All these holidays seem to affect the threads still back to normal soon whatever that may be image
  • Options
    Hi All hope you are all ok - lack of posts from me as have been busy at work in the day (still catching up from having week off to look after Mr P) and then looking after my boys in the evening/weekends.

Managed to get out for 9.25 miles Saturday morning and another planned tomorrow. Had a house full Friday ( was up at some ungodly hour cooking and preparing) and then Mr P felt so tired he had to go and have a sleep half way through.........I'm shattered!!
  • Options
    I've been working on and off Friday and Saturday and tomorrow too. Did 10 miles this morning with some of my marathon people from the club, I really enjoyed it in the end after a few miles, this was the one that "got me back into it" last mile of 7.36, not brilliant but I am getting there, averaged 8.19 over the whole run which felt fine. Entered Silverstone 10K on Wednesday, have even got a lift image
  • Options

evening.......as hash says we dont have the power scotty somedays sorry to hear about the chickens ............out today with no2 daughter and ended up pinging the calf muscle and went down like I had been shot so I am completely ........... words a failing me at the moment as I lie with ice on my calf. My daughter was in tears.....as I nearly was too. AGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGhhhhhhhhhhhhh maybe time to take up eating pies and drinking and getting lardy, my legs are no good.............I had done a mile and then ping it felt like I had been hit with a cricket ball or golf ball in the back of the calf muscle. Down like a sack of spuds................had to get a lift home after hobbling to the nearest road. OH not amused........bless her.............

Anyway glad to know Pinks is running and everlasting body Rod is keeping the forum going with some running. Well done. Enjoy the bank holiday I am going to be sat with leg in Ice for a few hours off and on..................why me!!! I wasn't even going fast. 9.30 mile one.image

• Options
    Oh Mark what a nightmare don't eat all the pies though . I am hitting Leamington tonight with a mate whoi is driving, I may have3 pints , what a life I lead image
  • Options
    Oh hell Mark, so sorry to hear it mate.  That's so unfair after you've come so far with the back injury.  Thinking of you xx
  • Options

You were up early Hash was that you out in Pakistan getting Osama??  Leg strapped up this morning and pretending I am okay s I stay mentally sane!!! When do you start the new job Hash??

Anyone want to run Sheffield Half on Sunday with my daughter? I have failed to run with both daughters now so consistent anyway. Have a good day all. Sunshine again here in the north.....................

• Options
    Mark Street 2 wrote (see)

You were up early Hash was that you out in Pakistan getting Osama?? 

Damn, my secret's out.  Actually, I got the wrong target, someone told me that that fecking fox was hiding in Pakistan.image 

Hope you can manage to stay sane Mark.  Keep nattering to us, and just focus on getting it fixed.  Looking at this, it sounds as if it's not going to be along term thing, but a complete buggeration re the Sheffield half.  Assuming Rod or someone on here doesn't want it, there's a Sheffield Social thread in Clubhouse, might be worth asking them.

Mark Street 2 wrote (see)

When do you start the new job Hash??

16th May.  9 working days to go.  Wibble!  Actually, I'm really excited, looking forward to it tons.  Just need to see Blouse sorted, but in the meantime at least it keeps us in London Pride.

Rod, hope you had a good night.  How's the head? image

• Options

Mark image

I am already booked for a little race on Sunday image

• Options

I had a very good night Thanks Hash only 3 pints exactly as predicted so I was ok and out and about early too image

I'm glad you got the other hen sorted out, I presume she will be back for drinks on the terrace from time to time image

Mark hang on in there it wiil work out!

• Options
    Oh bugger Mark that is not good - RICE and lots of healing hugs from us all virtually!

Well done Hash, mission acomplished!!

Did another 8 miles first thing this morning with the gang - I'm loving getting in two long runs with the group over these bank holiday weekends!! Did the second half at a good pace - felt good kicking some stress out. Only 4 weeks to go until hols - hubby so needing it now I can't wait!
  • Options

Morning, and back to work with a bump.

I'd love to say I'd been away or running but another weekend of helping with DIY.  I did fill a skip up with rubbish and soil on Saturday and that is about as exciting as it gets - guess we just have to do these things so often.  Can't imagine Wills and Kate having to do it thoughimage.

I did overdose on the Wedding on Friday - the Mall looked more like the Red Start to me.

• Options

Instinct is the nose of the mind.

Morning all. Hobbling here.........joy. Anyway the sun is shining.............Back to work and very busy which is good and putting prices up to all.

• Options

Oh Mark what a bummer... i had the same thing happen when in Spain a couple of years ago.. It does take some time to heal. (at my age anyway ) the best advice I can give you is take your time and all will be OK... Rush it and oh boy will you suffer... I kept my fitness by cycling and swimming which I have to admit I enjoyed..

Hope everyone is OK. Am looking forward to our hols soon so back to Spain and more warm weather training for me...

• Options
    Thanks Gatton appreciate the advice gutted not to be running with J on Sunday but will have to watch and support her.  Very embarrassed to hobble into work again this morning....................I will have to get swimming though dont love it. Off to Spain at the end of July also. Enjoy your hols Gatt.image
  • Options
    Try some commpression socks they do help.... where you going for your hols ???
  • Options

I have got a compression bandage on at the moment. Will get some socks when I can move again!!!

Going to Granada for a week teaching English for five days, bro in law has a business out there and then 10 days by the sea somewhere south of Alicante. Any suggestions for apartments or villas for four of us?  Where you off?

• Options
    We are staying in an apartment in Calpe 25 miles north of Benidorm unfortuately we are staying for 6 weeks....the joy of retirement. If you are staying around Alicante there are many places near Torevejeca/Murcia  but not all are nice though....try www.holiday-rental.co.uk  may be helpful..
  • Options
    I will be in The north in Galicia nearest big town Ponevedra in July last week first week in August, I have 2 friends got a place there its rural and really lovely, going over on the bike via Santander and will ride back through France, need to do some training while I am over there though.
  • Options

Same weeks we are over there Rod. Hot for running at that time of the year, early mornings I guess.

Been to Javea and Calpe lovely area Gatton wish I was retired................for the time only.........will check that website tonight thanks for that.

• Options
    it can be anything between 15 and 35 degrees there are loads of hills and offroad stuff I will more than likely do some runs in the heat,I'm stillconvinced some of those afternoon training runs helped me in my London Run the other week. I seem to have lost my way a bit the last few days, on one hand I had a good 10 mioe training run Sunday which sorted out all my niggles but I couldn't be bothered to run last night, I really dithered image I am at Silverstone tonight doing thre 10K there, my only aim is to do a bit better than last year, in a way that is probably why I didn't run last night, I feel rested now so will have a warm up tonight and have a go. I reckon after 8 solid months of marathon training I need something else to focus on in the short term.
  • Options

You will rock it Rod no doubt with your super fitness from the last year, hope it goes well. Do you want one of my injuries, the rate I am going the GNR will be a miracle. After doing so well in October everything has gone Pete Tong since then.  My daughter is uncertain wether to run now she is not wanting to do it on her own, I did tell her there would be plenty of other people there too!!! 

Have a good day. Need some water for the garden and to wash the dust down, its like Spain here almost.

PB do you want me to send you marathon training book back, cant see me needing it for a while! PM me your address for return and I will post it back.

Coffee anyone?

• Options
    yes please....image.... out today on my bike along the river for a couple of hours then back to do the domestics...Rod have a good run tonight I think Bridget will be there too.
  • Options

Cappucino for me Mark please!

Rod i know exactly what you mean - I got home last night and felt I should go out and do something but just CBA!!  So little Pinks gave me akick and told me what to do in the gym..........Was just what I needed - a set of instructions to follow!  So I did 6 x 400m repeats at just over 8mm pace, then a hard 1k row on Little Ps new rower, an intense arm exercise circuit and then some plank and v-sit reps.  Felt MUCH better afterwardsimage

Meeting Mandy for a nice steady trot after work.  Mr p will be in Germany again so I might have a nice pampering evening to myself with a bubble bath!

• Options

No injuries for me please Mark image The groin niggle seems to have gone after Sunday so thats good. Your daughter should do the race on her own she will enjoy it plus it will give her good race experience which no ammount of training will do, she will then have a time to buld things around with training etc.

Pinks thats just how I felt last night, I know I will try hard later so I'm not overduly worried, Bridget will e there but not running.

• Options

Good luck for tonight Rod.

I have my 5k tomorrow night which I'm looking forward to.  First proper race in a club vest as my 1/2 marathon before was used as a LSR. 

Well done for hitting the gym pinks.  I keep looking at / tripping over my exercise mat and weights and promise myself I will do a few reps when I get home but it never happens.

Mark - how is your leg today?  I hope your daughter does run and I'm sure she will do really well.

• Options

Calf bruising up nicely thanks and hobbled into town for a carb on a bag of chips to enhance my life!!!

Good luck to you athletes tonight........drink plenty still warm.image

• Options
    Felt quite humid out there tonight - did a speedy 7 miles after work. Off for my nice soak in the bath and read of my new book - Matt Roberts 'I will make you fit fast' - lots of gym/strength exercises to try out and get me motivated again!! image
  • Options
    Back from Silverstone those shorter races are tough but i did ok 44.57 unnofficial time and a negative split, had to dig deep towards the end as I felt I was running out of steam at 8k, funnily enough mile 4 was the slowest of the whole race @7.27. Pleased enough though as I got a good PB of nearly 4 minutes image
  • Options
    That is a fantastic PB Rod - well done mate!!! I really should do a shorter race sometime but I'm definitely more of an endurance girl! Did 7 miles last night in just over an hour so thats a bit more speedy isn't it?

Been reading the Matt Roberts book and its got a great 2 week blitz plan with tons of gym/strength sessions in which I am going to try out starting next week in the gym - looking forward to getting back in there and doing something different. Out for a run with coach and co this morning - no idea what he will have in store which is probably good as I'm feeling bit tired!!