Options

Sub 5 hours

Comments

• Options

image Just weighed myself.  2lbs more than I wanted to be when I go on holiday image

42 degrees in Sharm today, tomorrow and Friday image  Think it might be a tad warm image

• Options

Afternoon everyoneimage  have been checking in on me phone to see how everyone doing, but replying on my phone's a bit of a nightmare... 

Slugsa- great news about no surgeryimage good luck with the pain clinic, hope it all goes well..  image

well done SB...  have fun on your cruise,, sounds fab, fingers crossed u get some good weather. image

Lyndy- just seen your hotel image tis bloody lovely,,, oh how the other half live..  hope u have a wonderfull time, think its a well earned holidayimage   ur sweat that 2lb off when getting off the planeimage

MWW - i've been the same on the eating front, your not alone.image just cant seem to get into it tbh..  got weight in tonight & i know its not going to be goodimage  but hey ho might be the kick up the arse i need image

DianeD - spray tan was not as bad as i thought , so i would definatly do it again for a special do & did quite like being brown for a whileimage. even though hubby thought i was a bit orange.. 

I am very lucky to have found some great running friends,, tracey is definatly a great coach & adviser wouldn't have got this far without her tbh...    cheers traceimage

With all the inspiration from u guys on here i'm pretty sure i'll get through my first marathon.. image    i would of loved to do the NF10 & meet some of you guys,, but i'm to late so maybe another timeimage

• Options
    CindersCinders ✭✭✭
    Hope you have a fab time Lyndy, place looks amazing image  42 degrees sounds verrrry hot image
  • Options
    TopSecTopSec ✭✭✭
    Have a great holiday Lyndy, we're swapping weather image Enjoy it image I cant believe it is only 16 at home image

Had a major trauma yesterday, Mr TS needs to go home via Indiana for a meeting and when I went to change the flights, Continental told us we were on a new change tickets - ba$$ards. Anyway, upshot is I come home tomorrow on my tod and we found a reasonable priced flight up to Indiana and then back home via Chicago for him. Took about 3 hours though to sort it out and we have lost his 'return' portion of the fare! It better be a worthwhile meeting as Mr TS junior is flying out from the UK to be there too!

So I'm just taking him to the airport and then I have 24 hours to myself. I told him I was going to be a bar fly tonight and go sit in a bar and wait to be chatted up!! Fat chance, I'll be in my comfies watching TV image

Good luck on the weight loss Karen (or not) - you have done great whatever so just stick with it image

• Options

You're doing just great Karen so I wouldn't worry too much if you have the odd lapse and you're right, Tracey's a great mentor.

Got everything done now, just fingernails to paint (what's left of them, they've been peeling left, right and centre lately), and mum to phone and I'm done.

One problem we have is that we have so many wedding anniversary cards, birthday cards for Mr L (it's his birthday on Monday) and Father's Day cards that it's pushed the weight in Mr L's case over the limit.  Will have to see what mine weighs once I've got my hairdryer and other last minute bits and bobs in and it it pushes mine OTT then I'll have to take a rucksack instead of my handbagimage

Signing off now and catch up with you all when I get back imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage

Be good while I'm away and don't get up to any mischief image

• Options
    RoobarbRoobarb ✭✭✭

Have a great time Lyndy image Temperature hit 48 deg C when I was out there in August. That was hot !

Have a great time too Slugsta image

Lost half a pound this week although that was the half I put on last week lol! I haven't shifted any weight since 5th May now ffs!

• Options
    I popped into my old SW group last night.  Still within target range and asked to go next week as it is target member of the year night image
  • Options

Morning all

Karen - your are doing so well..hope weigh in was okay!

Roobs and USB - well done on your weight losses/target maintaining!

Lyndy - have a fab timeimage

• Options

morning allimage    Have fun lyndy & slugstaimage

tell me about it roobsimage  but mines warranted i've been a lazy moo, wont cook, cant cook, as hubby keeps sayingimage.. lmao!!!   which he dont realise makes me worse & his a much better cook than me so that dont help..  but  i am going to do a few dinners later to freeze, as if i dont stop with convienience food its going to catch up sooner than later.. as it is i am very lucky to have only put on half a pound again...image shoulda been more i'm sure.   we'll get there roobs, least your not putting onimage 

USB - its fantastic that ur managing without going to group each week & maintaining,, dont know if i could do that, one week off it all goes to pot...  u should go to target member night, be great if u winimage i got slimmer of the year last year, i was so chuffed after working so hard..  was the icing on the cake after the weight loss of course.. image    good luck if u go image

TS - sounds like a right drama you hadimage  hope it all worked out ok...  i woulda definatly chose the comfies & tv image

getting ready for toddler group,,, i help with the singing & dancing time.  so might burn off that half pound this morning doing the little tea cupimage  

Tracey - sorry for the whispering i was in group last night & got back bit late, i'll buzz you when i get back later.. x

• Options
    karen - I kept going for quite a while but then training got in the way.  These days the running basically lets me eat as I choose but I keep a close eye on my weight and cut back on treats if necessary.
  • Options
    TopSecTopSec ✭✭✭
    That's the best thing about running; do enough of it and you can eat what you want!

Today's trauma; lost my English wallet with cards and cash in!! image I always use two, when I get here I have a US one and I just transfer across my 2 credit cards and use that with US currency and bits and pieces and put my English one in a drawer with cash and a couple of debit cards in.

It appears to have been mislaid - not the end of the world as the 2 major cards are in my US wallet and I have been doing stuff on my online banking so I know nothing is disappearing at home. Hopefully I will find it next visit. No idea how much cash there was in, could be anything from £20 to £200. Hope it turns up though. It will mean that I won't have any cash for a Starbucks when I land though, I'll have to pay by card or ask my driver to treat me image

Was watching cricket today from the Rose Bowl (about 5 miles from home) - weather looked particularly crap image

Speak to you from t'other side image
  • Options
    Tracey GTracey G ✭✭✭
    TS - you will need your flipped image
  • Options
    CindersCinders ✭✭✭

Morning image

Hope you made it back ok TS, sounds like you had a few issues!

• Options
    TopSecTopSec ✭✭✭
    Where the hell have I arrived back to?? It is flipping freezing and hasn't stopped raining all day!! Sat with my Ugg type slipper boots on and heating turned up!?

Just got an email this afternoon saying I have been successful with my Lympic tickets image Don't know what they are for though. I did check my bank account the other day and nothing appeared to have gone out, I'll find out on 24th June what they are.

• Options
    Welcome back TS - not very pleasant weather to return to. I got back from a run with the club soaked to my knickers again!

We're off to Glastonbury next well - looks as though it will be a muddy one.
  • Options
    Tracey GTracey G ✭✭✭
    In soggy Brighton in our caravan. Not beach weather this weekend.
  • Options
    We are hoping it stays dry here.  Annie has gone off on her Duke of Edinburgh practice expedition
  • Options
    Tracey GTracey G ✭✭✭
    Andre is getting a go in campsite playground before next rain shower. Am on my own in caravan tonight with kids as.Bernard goes home by train for the London to Brighton bike ride tomorrow.
  • Options
    CindersCinders ✭✭✭

Looking iffy on the weather here too.  Hoping it holds off, there's an airshow down in Margate so want to go and have a look before it chucks it down!

• Options
    Tracey GTracey G ✭✭✭
    Cinders - I remember being you and your family at that air show a couple of years ago.

Have just brought Andre new trainers and school shoes from Clarks. Am poor now image
  • Options
    CindersCinders ✭✭✭

I remember that too Tracey image  Sadly the rain came today, never seen so many people dash for cover!

Tracey, that will be me next year when Thomas starts school!

• Options

Hello, everyone.

Bit of an unsettled QF reporting - must stop worrying (especially as it's about everything and anything,and mostly about things that won't affect my day to day life at all...friendships are hard work aren't they? Why are some women so mean to each other?)  If anyone has the answer, please tell me it!!

• Options
    Sounds a bit tough, QF. I think it's all down to insecurity, but such a shame - we should all support our sisters (as we do on this thread). XX

Children's shoes are a very expensive business!
  • Options
    Tracey GTracey G ✭✭✭
    Morning all

Cinders - you better start saving now for school shoes.

Bernard is riding London to Brighton bike ride now.
  • Options
    It's when they change the uniform and prescribe the blouses/trousers that are considered 'right' that you have to really worry. I am going to have to get revere collar blouses from the uniform supplier even though John Lewis sell them!
  • Options
    Tracey GTracey G ✭✭✭
    Had trouble with the length of Kierrah's skirts. She is tall and has a size 4 waist.

Bernard finished London to Brighton bike ride in 3:27.
  • Options
    RoobarbRoobarb ✭✭✭

Well done Bernard!!!

Welcome home TS image

Blimmin weather! The rain held off here until I went out in the garden to plant the rest of my pots up! So they are half done. It looks as though my strawberries are doing well now though - lots coming along image I have had two so far which were ready a couple of weeks apart ffs! Tasted lovely though image

Well looks as though the sun has come out now so I best get them finished image

• Options
    TopSecTopSec ✭✭✭
    Our garden is looking good and we have loads of strawberries. Birds ate the gooseberries, redcurrants and cherries but lots of apples, pears and plums. Going to pick some broad beans to have with dinner!

Dreadful weather yesterday but a lot better today.

In my straightforward opinion QF, ditch them, friends like that are too much hard work, spend your time with people that deserve your time.

Will try a run (what's one of those!?) tomorrow!

• Options
    CindersCinders ✭✭✭

((( QF )))

Well done Bernard image

Sun here today, if only we'd had this weather yesterday!

That sounds expensive USB!

• Options
    Tracey GTracey G ✭✭✭
    Did my local 5m race this evening in 46:05 and got a new pb image