Options

"Down Tow Up Flow" Thames Towpath Half-Marathon

13»

Comments

• Options

The George pub is a good option. Just head towards Windsor Bridge and you can’t miss it. I think Andy is talking about the Waterman’s Arms. That’s not a bad place either and it is also very close to Windsor Bridge but a few meters down a side road. (If you followed the route shown on the Purple Patch website to get back to Windsor you would walk past both these pubs.)

• Options
    Oh are we going for a post race drink then Andy!!!???
  • Options
    Thats if there is a race...woke up with a sore throat today!!!!!imageimageimage
  • Options

No wimping out now MM.

I suggest the first one in buys the drinks.......image

• Options

Funny!!!

Better take some money with me then!!!! you dont think i`d let you beat me do ya... even with a cold!

• Options
    hope to...hope to... ✭✭✭

Just looked at the cost of the car parks on a Sunday in Windsor. Anyone know where to park for free?
  • Options
    Hey all, just wanted to wish you all well for tomorrow. I hope you all have a good race, whatever your goal. Hopefully I'll be fit next year!

Erika
  • Options
    Good luck all.  I'm off to bed now.  Really excited!!  See you all tomorrow.  I've decorated my hat with British Lung Foundation logos, so if you see me, say hi (1085) xxxximage
  • Options
    Oh and thank you Erika for message.  Take care xxximage
  • Options

Well that was warmer than expected.So much for  forecast of 14 degrees at 10am rising to 17 degrees for the latter stages.

Said hi to Sarah -spotted her name &  number & the British Lung Foundation on her shirt (and of course the rather splendid hat!) 

Bit chaotic before the start with the massive loo queues.  I arrived an hour early and got in the queue straight away knowing that by the time I reached a cubicle I would be ready for it !  Worked well for me but the queue just got enormous for the poor folks that followed.  Baggage van was similar.  The chaps were writing out peoples numbers on stickers.  Needed someone to say "all those with numbers on their bags come to the front" and then let the rest write their own stickers.Took far too long. Lesson learnt I hope. 

Route was fantastic as always though I've never done it that way round and I wonder if we were on the oppoiste side of the river some of the time.  Seemed like different views on the way.

Finished in 2:35:10 which is the fastest I've done for this race (and the coolest too) Happy with that.  I've done faster halfs but only on road and generally late in the season.

See you next year image

• Options
    Well done RLTW! How did everyone else find it?

• Options

Hiya Run like the wind.  It was lovely to meet you.  Well done with your time!  I was in at 2:40:46.  Was hoping for 2:30:00 or under, but never mind.  Had trouble with the top of my left thigh at about 9 miles and had to stretch and again at about 11 miles image

It was great to see you too AndyP......Had P in my head and managed to call you Paul. hee hee image

• Options
    Had a phone call in between typing hee hee.  Hiya Erikaimage
  • Options
    runlozrunrunlozrun ✭✭✭
    It was certainly a hot one. Thankfully there was quite a bit of shade in places so it wasn't full on. If anyone fancies buying me one of those houses on the river or even a boat I wouldn't say no image I found the last couple of miles pretty tough but managed 1:39. I think the Wycombe half last week finally caught up with me. I agree with the comments about the portaloos, maybe a few more would help. Marshalls were great, medal was nice and a bit different and will look at doing it again next year.
  • Options

I'd be happy with one of those cabin looking boat houses.  They're plenty grand enough and a nice bit of river frontage image I assume they are boat houses or weekend houses.Like little bungalows. The classy version of a beach hut !

Welldonbe Sarah.  I can do nearer 2:30 at other halfs but this one is a bit rough underfoot and generally hot, and that's without taking into account your injury.  Hope it doesn't bother you further.

• Options

Hi All

I was glad to finish today.  Lack of training meant I ran/walked the last three miles, but managed ten minutes quicker than last year's effort!

Good to meet Sarah, ran some of the way with the uber-competitive Matty's Mum image.

At one point I was looking at the houses on the other side of the river and tripped over a tree root - that'll teach me....

Hope you found the pubs Loz, there were plenty on the walk from the finish back to the car parks.

Andyp

• Options

Hey!!!

Competitive ....me!!! Never...i given up on that now.  I wish i could have ran/walked the last three... my last three were nothing more than walk after cramp...even thro the finish!!image Just too hot!

Nice to see sarah and Andy if I`d run with you all the way my legs might be feeling better right now!!

Oh well theres always another race!!!!!

• Options
    runlozrunrunlozrun ✭✭✭

My mate bailed on me Andy so didn't manage to get that drink after all.  Probably best as I wasn't looking my best in that heat.  It seemed to get more exposed and hotter the closer you got to the finish.  

Anyway results are up and pleased to squeeze into the top 75.  I have a couple of girls to thank who I managed to follow for most of the way.  It would have been unfair of me to have sprinted past them at the end so I let them go with half a mile to go, well thats my excuse and I'm sticking with it image   

• Options
    runlozrunrunlozrun ✭✭✭
    Pictures are now up as well.
  • Options
    runlozrun wrote (see)
    Pictures are now up as well.
    Yes, sadly they are imageimage
  • Options
    What a sprint finish - not!!!
  • Options
    << Must work on my camera image >>
  • Options
    RLTW - i thought you might appear in my finishing photo!!
  • Options
    Did I ?   I'm sorry  image
  • Options
    Sad to say this but why did most of the "fellow runners" drive like morons racing through the roads of Marlow to the start on Sunday?

Almost knocking over local joggers and then no bugger letting me cross the road near the rugby club in case it meant losing 5 seconds on the car journey.

I was amazed that runners are so oblivious of other runners when in their cars......
  • Options
    RunLikeTheWind wrote (see)
    Did I ?   I'm sorry  image
    You didn't - so I'm disappointed image
  • Options
    Well maybe next year image