Ironman Wales 2011

Comments

• Options

.... and boy I nearly needed it !!

Nice report boss x

• Options
    Fab report Admiral! image
  • Options
    Doesn't sound a lot of fun at the pointy end. Great report Rose.
  • Options
    Good honest report, i'm liking the sound of this course more and more.
  • Options
    I'm liking it as a spectators course on a bright, calm day!

Good reporting Rosey.
  • Options
    Hope, was great to see you finish, sorry didn't see you on the course, well done on a great smiley finish
  • Options
    Great report Admiral.
  • Options
    Rosey, so sorry I didn't stick around. I got very cold and couldn't stop the shivers. Had to get wrapped in foil by the nice St. Johns peeps.
    Thanks for the cheers x
  • Options

Wow, some great reports guys an girls.
    So humbling to read the sheer mental strength, guts and determination shown on the day.

I guess though.....That is the pirate way!!!

No IM for me next year which is dissapointing but i had an agreement with Mrs CB that we would have family time with baby. LANZAROTE 2013 looks like the next one for me image.
    looking to be up to Outlaw to support the Pirate Massive.

• Options

Just back from a nice weekend at my dads wedding married again at 78image  had quite a few pints over the weekend and lots of crap food imageso thats my IMW recovery period over time to get ready for the Cornish Marathon in Novemberimage. No IM on the horizon for me next year but a friend I have been gently bullying afeter a really good Bala this year has entered Outlaw so I shall be deffo up there to man the feedstation and Sherpa/support for herimage.

• Options
    Great report Rosey.   Really enjoying all the reports as they're written  image
  • Options
    Nice report Rosey. As others have said, it must be tough at the sharp end.
  • Options

its great that the pirates cover the whole span of ironmen from the pointy end down to those finishing to the closing national anthems................

loved reading the report..........image

• Options

nice report rosie....   (I'm only 80 minutes behind, (sigh)

So, I was just sorting out what to do next year, and I think I have space for a late season race......

When shall we start the Wales 2012 thread.......image

• Options
    Thanks guys, I shall try to be a bit pointier and bloody qualify next time. Keep up the good work for the rest of the year guys. For those of you (CB) try to bargain with the missus for something smaller to keep some fitness, here's to a great rest of the year
  • Options
    TRTR ✭✭✭
    Mr Rose, I read your report, it was a cracking read. Interesting to see a race from the perspective of someone at the pointy end racing for a slot rather than just trying to get round the course in a 1/2 decent time. I knew you were on a different planet to numpties like me after meeting you at the Swash. Keep plugging away, I hope you get back to Kona.........things are worth achieving that take a bit of blood, sweat, tears, persistance and application along the way....................and could you fast folks put a few posts up from time to time re the training that you've been doing along this journey, reading about the fast peoples training gets me out of my bed early doors for my morning aerobics.
  • Options
    Rosie- bargaining hard already, I may have cleared it with the boss for the marazion middle, cowman and ely middle. Not bad for a year off image
  • Options
    Thanks TR - I will do more for next year and it will probably appear on whichever IM thread I will be doing, however, I have to be careful, if you read some of the threads towards the serious end of the training people start looking at other people's training and will then start to worry about not doing enough, if I post some of the sessions i do they really need to be taken in the right context, I.e. They suit me.

Or if you want to see more of a daily ramble follow me on twitter @ironrosey
  • Options
    A date for the diary: The Ch 4 highlights programme is on 2nd Oct at 7 AM

Allegedly
  • Options
    looking forward to it. They always get me motivated!
  • Options
    TRTR ✭✭✭

Mr Rose - I take your point about the "dont try this at home", I guess a more general re-cap sometimes would be interesting to see. I'm sure most folks understand that there's a big difference between what sub 10 folks are doing compared to "normal" folks, just as there's a world of difference between what sub 2:30 marathon runners are doing compared to 4 hr marathon runners. You are as good as you are for a very good reason though and I sometimes like to read about what it takes (might only be me though).................your report was an enlightening read, wheel choices, power meters, drink mixes etc are something I never come across

...........I wont be trying this at home !

• Options
    OK TR, no problem, I can do that.

My race reports tend to be a little like that as I like to read the technical side of others and some may find it interesting, I have all my main race reports on the site so feel free to dip into them if you have a spare day image
  • Options

TR / Rosie - in agreement with you, I found the report really insightful and like to see what it takes to be at the sharp end. I'll never be at that end but I can certainly draw on some of your experience and implement bits into my own training/racing etc.
    Looking forward to reading some of your other reports.

Keep it up image

• Options
    Being an Engineer I like to read about the technical side of things. I am always intrigued about nutrition strategies too.
  • Options

Yay i now have a piratey logo image

Great reading Rosey... definitely interesting reading all of the nitty gritty side that goes with racing at the front!

• Options

Nice one GB... any thoughts on the mdot tat yet ??   ..

Easing back into training for me this week after a weekend of stuffing birthday cake and curry image .. checking the wales website on a multiple times daily basis ready to launch the registration for 2012  ... no real danger of me joining you guys at pointier end unfortunately  .. but need to prove to myself that it wasnt just luck that i got around  the first time, and to be further away from the blunt end would be nice image  . 

• Options

OK, training will start for me again this week, ticking over with swimming (once I renew my Total Fitness membership) and cycling, I will run easy for a week to make sure everything works and then find a good 10k to nail one while I have the fitness over the next 6-10 weeks.

My goals are to train all winter instead of use the off season to put on weight and then hit Helsby half in Jan with an aim to get closer to 1.20 than 1.25. Cycling, I love my turbo, thats a given, swimming, more time in the pool while I have less hours to do means I keep the fitness rather than try to swim in treacle come February.  

• Options
    I'm jealous of all those preparing for another year of training. With no long term objectives I'll just keep ticking over but not really making any improvements. Hope to set some run pb's but thats about it as far as objectives go! image
  • Options
    Slagiatt wrote (see)

Nice one GB... any thoughts on the mdot tat yet ??   ..

Yeah I'll get one at some point, might wait for a few weeks though as that will give me an excuse to not have to swim for a few weeks when i really lose interest!

You?