Options

Port Talbot harriers

Comments

• Options

MM marathon traing starts in marchimage8 or 9 thats too far for me,i got chiro clinic thursday so may just run friday

FM thanks mate,well done too the jacksimage

JD that old chesnut x-country rules are as long as you stay within the red/white bunting its your choice of routeimage& whoever crosses the line 1st wins,image
    i did not say i'm ont wagon just trying to cut backimage

yes it was a close finish a dead heat to be exact just as we pre planned,today was not about taking a scalp just to enjoy a run together me & my mate around bute parkimage& enjoyed his company for the whole 5 miles

only 3lbs i bagged 7lbs but will be all shed by weekend

• Options

MM61 chicken picata,with rice and peas,drank my goody bag wine and a little extraimage On the wagon once son no 1 goes back on satimage

JD I dread to think what serious mileage isimage

Back to work tomorrowimage i could get used to this lifestyleimage

• Options
    Any PTHs out thereimage
  • Options
    MM & MM61 - good to see you guys today. Managed to stay in front today but I'm guessing a different result on another day. After the last two days, I'm looking on web for shoes that are a cross between trainers and flippers!
  • Options

MM been thinking about drinking that all so if its good enough for you its good enough for meimage

when do you think todays results will be up?

yep i'm back tomorrow dreading it but my day off is saturday so that'll keep me going also 25 more shifts till my hols,i decided my daps are not coming with me i hate running on holls when everyone else is having fun

good question PTH are there looking in they don't post on here cause we talk about everything else
    but not runningimage

• Options

RB was rather damp,but no excuses you whipped meimage

MM mrs MM61 said that wine you drank was for ALIimage

• Options
    jason djason d ✭✭✭

MM- not planning on increasing mileage much more- just keeping where it is for a bit. Might pop into your emporium tomorrow with that book for you if I'm in town. Not back for a weekimage

MM61- I took your advice and wore the tights tonight- glad too- sleet and hailstonesimage

• Options

Hello all

Some good running going on.  Well done.

Weather was very wintry today.  Hail stones this morning and very cold.... 

• Options

" After the last two days, I'm looking on web for shoes that are a cross between trainers and flippers! "

There are some black adidas clima-lite shoes in the adidas shop in mcarthurglenn that are built to drain and really light.

• Options
    WA - will have to investigate those!
  • Options

morning all

dont look good outside rain and v windy image1st day back in work time to goimage

• Options
    morning all first day back for me tooimage
  • Options

Same here.

Awful day so might as well be in work I suppose image

• Options

Afternoon allimage back in work and not sure i like it anymoreimage

Results for OFT....http://www.lescroupiersrunningclub.org.uk/forum/post/1689915

• Options

AFTERNOONimage

never been off work to say i'm back in workimage& wat a crap day i had them hailstones stung

JD well done mate they don't look good ( womens tights) but they came the big guns warmimage

MM yes we did share it i was gonna shake your hand has we crossed the line but i thought you'd do the dirty on me,should have trusted you more,nice to see us together on results sheetimage

• Options
    jason djason d ✭✭✭

MM61- anyway, not sure that you want a photo of you both crossing the line hand in hand, do you?image

well done to you bothimage

I went on my favourite cycle path (Swiss Valley) today because of the shelter from the trees- the only problem was that there were branches everywhere and twice had to leave the path because of fallen treesimage. On the way back the wind was ferocious, but the rain didn't start heavily until my car was in sight. I scrambled inside and was amazed at just how much the car was rocking in the wind. Massive hailstones on the way home, so think i got off lightlyimage12m in 1:24:26, 1st 6m at 7.26av, last 6 at MP effort, around 6.28. Happy enough at this stage, especially given the wind and the Xmas lard!image

• Options

JD  it was a nice change just to run together instead of eyeballs  outimagebut we weren't holding handsimage

well done on your run bet you could hardly stand up,just realised i done 3 races in a week
    no wonder we could not be bothered to race yesterday

• Options

Eveningimage

JD thanks for the book and it was nice to have a chatimage

Winds picking up again,when will this weather let up??image

MM61 my eye balls were out once or twiceimage 3 races in a week,thats the best bit of Christmasimage

Sheperds pie ,peas and wineimage

• Options
    jason djason d ✭✭✭

MM- good to see you- enjoy the book!image

5.25m recovery plod in my tights this eveningimage WINDYimage

• Options

Evening all

Not nice out there for running tonight although I managed to dodge the rain.  

Some good  running going on.

Just saw Gloucester 50k advertised.....  be a walk in the park for you JDimage

• Options

Rb, they are 36 squid too. Prob ok up to half dist, or shorter
  • Options

Nr, is the gloucester 50 up and down the same 25 meter culdesac then ?
  • Options

AFTERNOON ALLimage

by eck that was a close 1 just after i got in closed the door & it started to rain so prob have another rest day,got chiro clinic tomoz so i think i will grab a 3rd rest day so looks like friday i shall do a bitimage

MM  yes i forgot @ OFT  that G5 was part of the same week so 3 races in a week over xmas nowonder
    we didn't want a hard runimagestill not in the mood to run yet?don't think it wont harm if we take a quieter week than normal

is anyone doing the x-country in cardiff on 15th janimage

• Options
    MM the weather will let up for me on the 5th feb as i will be on the beachimage22 more shifts to go
  • Options
    MM61 windy and wet down here agai nimage may go for a run tomorrow if it stops,roll on spring and the lighter eveningsimage when you start your longer runs i will join you at sainsburys on sundays,but nothing over 12  miles to startimage
  • Options
    MM thanks mate that would be great,can you wait till after my holls as my marathon training don't start yetimagewhy are you doing the long stuff,i can run 12 with you & do somemore on my own ,but will stress i wont do any down llanelli to boring anything over 10 thereimagei like your 9 mile loop but not any route that heads east
    had a scare on the snowdonia forum theres a mad mark on there i thought you lost your marbles & entered
  • Options
    MM61 i have been tempted because JH has entered too and hes about my pace but i am undecidedimage
  • Options

Hi all,

Hope the working week is going well for everyone?

All we need now is for the sun to make an appearance image

i've not had the best week for running. Had a nasty fall yesterday & had to cut today's run short as I wasnt well & knee was throbbing image

Hope to be ok by the West Glam on Sunday.

Have a good week all

• Options
    MM the only advice i can give you is its the one to have on your cv never mind about how long you take
    & its not as hard as they make out,it puts around 10 to 15 mins on your vlm timeimagelet me know when your availble to do any runs from sainsburys you know me never got a marathon schedule 1 or 2 LSR
    @ any pace will do me i got 8 weeks after my holls but may try a couple of 10miles weather permitting b4 i go as i'm not running out thereimage