Options

Radio Worcestershire

Comments

• Options
    Has anyone seen my voice, I appear to have lost it.

Crashie - I did wonder what happened to you on Sunday.
  • Options

mornngrd all

Ant - there's a few voices in the office you could gladly take, if you need one.

I ran 3 miles this morning. I'll probably be limping later. Maybe one more 3-miler before next Sunday, when the real pain begins.

• Options

SVT.....No pain, no gain.....image. Although i don't envy your kind of pain next Sunday.image

Morning All...image.

Morning Deer.

Crashie....poor you, not something i would really want to go down with. image

Ant........I suppose you could practice your mime skills. image

Physio said yesterday to wiggle the knee cap.....after she pulled me off the ceiling. *Very sensitive isn't it* she said. *Try desensitizing it by moving it around* Erm if i could move it around i wouldn't have been in her cubicle saying it f*^**ng well hurts. SOo i moved it lots, did a run then a swim (yep its true the back hurts after 10 lengthsimage).

And slept all of 4hrs. Great NOT............image.

• Options

OK gentlefolk, have a peek at this: linky...

Now the bloke is obviously a prize dirty old man and seems to have got what's coming to him,

BUT WHY DID HIS 'VICTIM' NEED 19 COUNSELLING SESSIONS, FFS? He seems to have groped her arse, not subjected her to knifepoint rape...

I'm really not suggesting that we return to the 1970s or 1430s or whenever, but how on Earth would such a delicate little flower have survived in any other time? Whatever happened to 'dirty old man gropes woman's arse, woman slaps him round the chops, incident closed'? I say again, FFS!!!!!

• Options
    BarklesBarkles ✭✭✭
    19? n n n n n 19!
  • Options

Bloody Hell, he's a dirty ol man....yes he should be reprimanded for thinking its OK to pat a young woman's bottom, even fired. But for it to go to court and cost the public purse lots...Nope...hammer to crack a nut...dirty ol man nuts at that. She should have slapped him hard and asked *If you didn't like that, then don't touch what doesn't belong to you.* Or even kick him in the nuts....he would have not been able to complain and probably the pain would remind him *Its not OK to touch*.

19 counseling sessions, obviously the young woman is of a delicate nature....image, i mean todays teenagers are not street wise are they. image My niece is 20yr, he wouldn't have any block AN tackle left if it had been her bottom he touched, or teeth left (if he still had any).

Evening everyone........I bought a brolly, weather requires a brolly, its a golf brolly (no i don't play/intend to play golf). Its huge, so i found out when i got stuck going through school high gates with my friend, brolly stayed lodged in the gates........Oops!! image

• Options

mrongreng all

Quiet round 'ere, innit? (says him who doesn't check in so often). Mind you, it seems like all of Clubhouse is a bit quiet. I remember the days when... (insert references to 'all fields round here', 'jumpers for goalposts', 'wagon wheels were bigger' etc).

• Options

Include....Black Magic chocolates image.

Morning.....image

Am deciding do i decorate or...........or, study image.

• Options
    musketeermusketeer ✭✭✭

afternoon all

Well run in Worcester half, Ant

Well painted and marshalled Lexi

Did the last but one Weston Prom yesterday and it is the first time that I have ever been in a race where the winner was a woman

• Options
    musketeermusketeer ✭✭✭
    Mind you said woman was Jo Pavey
  • Options

Evening Musky image

That figures.....image.

Once ran in the same race as Jenny Meadows, my team mate kept saying, guess who that is...WoW.!!! I had no idea.image

He was a running geek, knew all famous women and their times for every race. Once chatted to the Tooby twins on a train and told them their times. They apparently were gobsmacked....if i had been his wife i would have been embarrassed. Weird thing was....it was always women runners he was keyed up about....very strange.image

My knee feels abit better, i could lift it up when i ran, no more LJSilver impressions...image.

• Options

good morning worcestershire

spent yesterday helping at the marathon, am v tired now!

• Options
    BarklesBarkles ✭✭✭

Morning all.. first decent outdoor cycle yesters... then got soaked image

• Options

Afternoon All....image

Gosh that must have been a very long day for you Atom. image

Barkles.....i saw lots of guys pass my home yesterday morn on bikes. Weather was fine until the afternoon. But i missed cycling for shampooing my hall carpet....not really a choice, my knee flared up Saturday after a long run. image

• Options

There's a popular theory around these parts that it's been nothing but rain since the drought was announced (I went running three times last week, and got rained on every time!). I disagree with this theory - it's rained ever since I bought a couple of watering cans.......

Good running everyone wot has runned. My cousin completed the VLM yesterday - yay for her. Alas I couldn't watch as I was in St George's Day parade.

I hope everyone is well. Laters

• Options

Many Patronages of Saint George exist around the world, including: Georgia, England, Egypt, Bulgaria, Aragon, Catalonia, Romania, Ethiopia, Greece, India, Iraq, Lithuania, Palestine, Portugal, Serbia, Ukraine and Russia, as well as the cities of Genoa, Amersfoort, Beirut, Fakiha, Bteghrine, Cáceres, Ferrara, Freiburg, Kumanovo, Ljubljana, Pomorie, Preston, Qormi, Rio de Janeiro, Lod, Lviv, Barcelona, Moscow, Tamworth and the Maltese island of Gozo, as well as of the Scout Movement and a wide range of professions, organizations and disease sufferers...........but I don't think my village is included...image.

Does England have lots of celebrations...image. You can't pass a garage/shop/school/where ever in Wales/Nth Wales without Daffodils/signs...costumes etc to show its St. Davids Day. Living over the border, i missed the fact its St. George's Day today. image Although there are plenty of Dragons in my vicinity for him to slay....I could name one or two at least. image

• Options
    Morning gentlefolk! I have a great VLM story for you once I've got my facts completely straight! image
  • Options
    BarklesBarkles ✭✭✭
    MOrning Crashie
  • Options

Morning All.........image.

Straight facts Crashie....No cutting corners.!!

I trained last night......erm lots.......erm i feel not so good today image... I have an exam this afternoon.image

• Options
    Stop teasing Crashie and get on with it. Out with it man!
  • Options

though on reflection, I may have just handed Wickett too much of a line.......

• Options

afternoon worcestershire

Mr H,  don't let the facts get in the way of a good story; just make it up if necessary (like normal) image

• Options

OK, here goes.

A friend of a friend (it's actually a work colleague of Squish, so it's true!) was entered in VLM and was hoping for 4 hours-ish, but he'd been having trouble with his ankle for a while. As it was his first mara and he was doing it for charidee, he started anyway, though he'd been having pain walking round the expo the day before, let alone on the way to the start.

Every step was agonising and he limped in in 6:2x.

He was at work yesterday with said injured leg looking very swollen and bruised, so they suggested he go to A+E.

Turns out he'd broken his fibula. He's now in a cast.

Apparently they think it may have been a stress fracture, which doing the VLM turned into a full-blown proper break.

• Options

and he did a Mara on it?

Chapeau

• Options

Come on Mr H...... it will be tea time soon. image

• Options

Yep. Cool story for later in life:

'How I did my first marathon on a broken leg'

Not so good now as his fitness evaporates and he has to work hard to get it all back (and he'll have to build up the running more slowly than he did for this attempt)

Shows that there are risks going from nowt to a marathon...

• Options

Afternono all

Crashie - as a person with knee pain of unknown origins who's doing a marathon on Sunday (with virtually no training) just because of the charidee thing, I'm wondering what cool injury I can get diagnosed with on Monday? Under 6 hours would be nice though.

• Options

SOo which Mara are you doing SVT.....why did i think it was London? Is it Manchester.....am Marshalling at Manchester......image.

Any pain of unknown origins, that is extremely noticeable should be rested and checked out. My knee is exempt from rest as i know what it is........image....and i did rest.!!!!!

• Options

Here's the story from Squish:

…. Trained really hard (raising money for the Autistic Society for his son) and hoping for a sub 4:30. Started experiencing pain in his ankle a while ago, just came on, didn't twist it or anything. Kept Icing it/taking nurofen. Ran on it. Attempted 13 a couple of weeks ago and had to quit because of the pain. Ignored it. Iced it. Won't run until London. It'll be fine! Went to London Saturday, hurts walking round expo. In the pens, gun goes off, hurts before he's even crossed the start line. Ignores it. Carries on. Finished in 6:29:39. Ankle really hurts. Comes into work yesterday, very bruised and swollen. Off to A&E for an x-ray. Broken fibula. Now in plaster! Hardcore! image

So I wasn't too far out image

Faternoon SVT!

• Options
    And I've just seen a piccy of the xray! It's a proper break of the fibula, just above the anke. No doubt about it!