Options

PSOF Championships 2012

Comments

• Options

I know Schmunks is adding these all to a master list but if poss can we have that copied on to here towards the end of the week for the armchair supporters ?  (if we are leaving anyone behind that is )   image

• Options

Hi guys.- Unfortunately the TP won't be out to play this week.- We still might be, but since I have a small hole in my head right now I certainly don't feel like lugging a tent around and camping.- We have friends nearby so depending on how I feel after the stitches are removed tomorrow, we'll try to come up and be suitably cheery.- Good luck to everyone if we don't make it.

• Options

image Saw carl on the number list and don't think he's reported in yet schmunk's do you need his number or is it in hand. I'm assuming he's getting battered work wise last few day's.

M...eldy wrote (see)
    Proven Robbie W wrote (see)

Was there suggestion that Pirates would descent en masse on one of the three race briefings?  If so did I miss the answer?

Rw

1pm in case you missed the subtle hint with a practice swim at 11 for those that wish

seren nos wrote (see)
    M...eldy wrote (see)

Oh boy oh boy am I gonna need earplugs  !!!

Just be grateful that I'm not racing........or i would have been the other side image

I am soooo grateful!

For anyone else who has missed updates

Monday pub is The Bridge .... time wise?  Who knows but aim for lunchtime  image

Through for you the presentation for the winner's is at noon at the Nottingham forest ground. Thing some of the crew will be winning something for there age caturgue's. Could meet there and then get p*ssed there even have a bar. Anyone not know where it is you've going to run past it a few times on sunday so don't worry.

• Options

howdy all!

I am so excited now. Last session with a decent effort was done this morning and I felt good. New slightly warmer and tighter gillet arrived and it is looking increasingly like I wont need it - splendid.

We are staying in the Swans hotel too, arriving Friday, leaving Monday evening. Will be great to see everyone (except Meldy of courseimage) and meet some new people.

For all those doing their first IM the thing that most took me by surprise on the day (other than being goosed by barley) was just how much fun I had. You spend a lot of time worrying the details in the few weeks before but on the day it is an absolute hoot! All those long lonely rides and runs and now there are loads of people about, most of them happy to exchange a few words.

My top tip is to give some love/banter/smiles back to the spectators - you will get back ten times what you invest.

I cannot wait!

• Options
    fat buddhafat buddha ✭✭✭

"Through for you the presentation for the winner's is at noon at the Nottingham forest ground. Thing some of the crew will be winning something for there age caturgue's. Could meet there and then get p*ssed there even have a bar. Anyone not know where it is you've going to run past it a few times on sunday so don't worry."

yes - but it was pretty dull like most award ceremonies when we did it in 2010 to pick up Petal's a/g award and Melli's 3rd place one.   any award winner would be better off missing it and getting pissed with all the others image

• Options

Cake - If I understand you - the Bridge pub is already booked as far as I know. I won a prize previously and they sent it on to me.

• Options

well done FB, you made Cake LESS comprehensible, quite an achievement

• Options
    fat buddhafat buddha ✭✭✭

you missed the edit Melli... image

ooi - did you ever take up the footie tickets you won in 2010??  P gave hers away to some local guys via Tripetalk

• Options

Yeah .. The Bridge is all booked with food thrown in ... and our awards ceremony will be far better  image

• Options
    Artful Hen wrote (see)
    Cheerful Dave wrote (see)

Who's staying at the Swans Hotel?  I'm hoping to get to Nottingham Friday lunchtime but I'll probably go straight to the site to register & tour the expo before checking in.

CD, the Swan is where where I'll be "camped" for duration of my stay (Fri - Mon).  Will have family joining on Saturday evening to provide early morning chauffeur services stupid o'clock Sunday.  Happy to assist if helpful.

Rw

Me too.

Schmunks - I'm number 120.

There will also be 2 ITB's at that hotel.

• Options
    fat buddha wrote (see)

"Through for you the presentation for the winner's is at noon at the Nottingham forest ground. Thing some of the crew will be winning something for there age caturgue's. Could meet there and then get p*ssed there even have a bar. Anyone not know where it is you've going to run past it a few times on sunday so don't worry."

yes - but it was pretty dull like most award ceremonies when we did it in 2010 to pick up Petal's a/g award and Melli's 3rd place one.   any award winner would be better off missing it and getting pissed with all the others image

image Ya but you got the pints in. image

mellifera wrote (see)

well done FB, you made Cake LESS comprehensible, quite an achievement

image I make perfect sence it's just the rest of you. imageimage

• Options

Bridge Pub will be open at 11 am on Monday, is this OK or should we ask for earlier opening?

• Options

hmm - now he has edited, it is me talking nonsense!

FB - offered them about but got no takers.

• Options

Oh, I've found this thread.  How exciting.  Mrs F has got me onto the 'list' so that's a good start.  I've not yet thought about printing my 'triathlon race list' out and getting everything ready but that can wait till tomorrow evening.  My training has been reasonable although a 22 mile run on Sunday probably wasn't the ideal taper, nor the 70 miles on the old mountain bike at the weekend either.  On the plus side I've swum twice this month which is excellent by my standards and am looking forward to my third swim at 6am on Sunday morning (edit: dammit, that'll be July so that counts as a swim for next month then).

I'm currently having a rush taper for the next couple of days.

I think this weekend is going to be ace.  I loves a good pirate shindig and I think it'll be great if you're racing or supporting.  I'm looking forward to giving a few aarrrrghhs to those of you helping at the feed station on the bike (and no doubt dotted around on the run).

• Options

JC that will be plenty early enough ... most people will take 2 hours to walk down the stairs  image

• Options

oh yeah,i forgot about the aches and pains from the sunday bit

• Options

Please tell me the pub toiltes are on the ground floor.

• Options
    Cheerful Dave wrote (see)

Who's staying at the Swans Hotel?  I'm hoping to get to Nottingham Friday lunchtime but I'll probably go straight to the site to register & tour the expo before checking in.

CD, the Swan is where where I'll be "camped" for duration of my stay (Fri - Mon).  Will have family joining on Saturday evening to provide early morning chauffeur services stupid o'clock Sunday.  Happy to assist if helpful.

Rw

I might take you up on that RW, it would be handy to leave the car at the hotel & have a beer or two afterwards, then walk back with the bike after everyone's finished.

Funkin, top sandbagging mate image

• Options

Just popping on to wish everyone the very best of luck on Sunday. I'm heading off to Austria tomorrow for the IM so I'm not sure I'll have wireless access over there. Looking forward to catching up on the armchair support and all the race reports when I'm back next week. Have a brilliant race and an even better pirate party afterwards!!! Don't forget to post up the awards. Does Gladys have competition for best mincer this year???

• Options

Last run this morning was ace, so I'm all ready to rock n roll. 

Planning a quick swim in the morning to turn over the arms and then packing proper. Haven't really suffered the taper madness this time round and am now just at the twitchy stage now where I want it to start.

Best of luck Orca.  What time do you start? 

• Options

Good luck Orca!! Do you have somebody to put your bike together this year?? image

• Options
    Holly_Golightly wrote (see)

Last run this morning was ace, so I'm all ready to rock n roll. 

Im so not ready to rock and roll, I can still hardly walk, cant wait for Sunday image

But still ive got some un-chicking to deal out, be afraid, be very afriad,

• Options

Race strong Orca.  As winner of the 2009 Campest Run style I will also be present to defend my title. 

• Options
    I just don't think I have the wrist action for this one, Ill let you lot bitch it out for yourselves .
  • Options
    I seem to remember some excellent mincing action from Mr Ferret! In fact I may have the photos somewhere!image
  • Options
    CD - I am at Swans

FB - yes, will bring some lists along although tomorrow might be he last chance for me to update

Melds - yes, I am doing a Master and will post a final one as late as Saturday if I have an Internet connection