Options

Simple Training Forumla, would it work?

Comments

• Options

I will forgive you hehehe.

Let me know when you hear, looks like your training is improving though so hopefully you may be ok.

• Options

I checked my rested heart rate this morning when I woke up (using my iphone) not the HRM for my watch. It produced a result of 48bpm.

Last night I checked it before I went to bed and it was 53bpm.

Just checked it at work sat at my desk and it is 57bpm.

Thought I would share that information with you. Do you think iphones are reliable for this measurement?

• Options

Tempo done, all good.

• Options

JJ, that heart rate sounds about right.  Don't need incredible precision, just direction.  It comes in most useful if you are overtraining / ill, or tapering, and also to show a long-term trend downwards, which is exactly what is happening with yours.

• Options

Well i didnt get in from work last night until 7.30pm so didnt run. Did the easy run this morning and did more of a tempo run. Did the first 5km quite quick and then 2.5km a little slower but the overall pace was just under 6mins.

I will be doing the LSR tomorrow hopefully.

• Options

Following on from the run yesterday i was shattered at 14km and stopped at 15km, 1km short of the target distance. Not a disaster by any means but the 2 runs in two days hurt.

Not sure i can cope with a recovery run tomorrow and intend to run again on Wednesday i think.

Are we on hills this week or something else?

• Options

Hills this week JJ

• Options

so wednesday hills, friday 60 mins easy and the LSR on Sunday will be how many km?

• Options

hills done, flet good tonight, compared it to my last run and overall was 4 mins faster and peak HR was lower. Not compared the hill times though properly as it seems to error when i try this.

• Options

JJ, good, definitely all heading in the right direction.  So Friday's run should be around 10k easy, Sunday's long run 16k, Monday 30 minutes recovery. 

Next Wednesday should be a time trial - warm up 3k easy, 3-4 x Strides, rest 2 minutes, run 1.5k flat out and take the time for that, cool off as you like.  Wear the HRM for that.  We'll use this time for the next few weeks 'sharpening' for your 10k race.

• Options

OMG the strides, sorry please remind me again what this is. Was it 80m at 80% of race speed, 80m at 85% of race speed and 80m at 90% of race speed?

• Options

yep that's right, gets your legs turning over ahead of the time trial

• Options

I seem to be losing pace discipline at the moment. Did the easy run but it was more like race pace in just under 60 mins i did 10km. I did feel good though. I will slow down for sundays LSR to 7.00 to 7.30 pace.

All looking good, cant believe how good i feel at the moment. All this training is definately helping.

Dont desert me know !!!

• Options

Not looking forward to that lol

• Options

Looking very good JJ image, take it easy on the long run though.

The time trial on Wednesday will give good info on new training paces, don't forget to wear the heart monitor.

I (finally!) have my ultrasound appointment tomorrow, hoping to get feedback next week. 

• Options

hope the ultra sound is ok, as you said in an earlier post if they do find something then at least you will know how to get the injury sorted and get training again.

• Options

Ultrasound done - no hernia.  Now just have to wait for MRI details, should be later this week.

• Options

Is that good news or bad news? Were you hoping it was hernia?  Do they have any idea what it is?

16km was good today.

• Options

Hernia would have been reasonably straightforward, good prognosis and quick recovery.  The alternatives are more difficult to treat and recover from, unfortunately. Hoping to hear on Wednesday.

• Options

Got my results.

Wait for it....

Stress fracture of the sacrum!  Either from too much impact exercise (ie running image) or Osteo Porosis   Or both, I guess.  Next step is bone density scan.

No running, cycling or ergo allowed, minimum of three months, so all the stuff I've been doing to stay fit has to stop.  Bloody hell.

• Options
    Oh no that is bad, will you be able to get back to running or exercise in other words is it going to repair?
  • Options

Hopefully will repair and then can gradually re-introduce exercise.

• Options

I hope so, a cracked bone will mend and you will be stronger for it, osteoporosis not so great.

• Options

image JJ, have you dropped the Monday session or just not uploaded yet? 

If you didn't do it, then DON'T run today you need to be fresh tomorrow for the time trial. 

• Options

Oh dear I am in trouble, I see a cross face - yikes.

Struggling with the Monday runs in all honesty time wise. I know that I have not done them the last couple of weeks and I need to slap myself for it and get out of that door.

A couple of reasons for it, first my legs feel heavy on a Monday (probably why you say I need a recovery run after the LSR) and also time (but time really is no excuse because I do have the time in reality as I am sat at home - OK POOR EXCUSES.

I know I need to be running 4 days a week according to your plan, I will take this as a slap on the ass and get out there next Monday.

I won't run tonight, everything will be on tomorrows time trial, looking forward to seeing what I do (will wear HR monitor) and what times I can expect or work towards in the Manchester 10km.

CONSIDERED MYSELF AS TOLD OFF - SORRY, but this definately one good reason why it is good to have someone like you helping me, to keep me on my toes. So thanks for the kick image

• Options

JJ's in trouble... JJ's in troubleimage

Louise, sorry to hear the results and hope they can sort you out soon so you can get back to any sort of training.

• Options

Louiiiiiiseypops,

Do you think I could run the Liverpool Half Marathon on the 23rd March - http://www.btrliverpool.com/#!liverpool-half-marathon/cjg9

Or do you think this is a step too far at this stage and would risk injury.

If you think it is feasible and will not interrupt the training programme you have in mind, I will give it a go. If you think I am not ready and/or will interrupt the training programme I am happy to give it a miss.

What are your thoughts and please be honest.

• Options

JJ,, I certainly think you are fine to RUN it, racing full on would be counter-productive.  But treating it as a long hard run we can manage.  Might be quite useful as longer distance pacing practice for the main event later in the year.  You already have the endurance to cover the distance.

• Options

now i am thinking shall i do it. I will see if i can get a place and maybe attempted it. Ready for my run tonight, just waiting for my watch to charge up.