Options

Are you and "in" or an "out"?

Comments

• Options

None of this shit is in the public interest mind you. Could you imagine any of this lot trying to stand up to Nazi Germany? image

• Options
    15West15West ✭✭✭

It's Germany who will be standing up to Nazi Britain.

• Options
    ZouseZouse ✭✭✭

If Theresa May is now our best hope, we are monumentally buggered. 

• Options
    15West15West ✭✭✭

Are her supporters called Mayists?

• Options
    Jesus fucking Christ, just read that article about Aaron Banks, the guy is really scary, he's adopted an American style campaign saying facts don't matter!!!! Sorry but facts DO matter.

I'm scared now if this guy ever buys power were royally screwed.

I've got an Irish grandad wasn't bothering about getting Irish passport but might just get one, but what about Mrs Worry and the kids?

Oh well got some shrubs to dig up will take anger out on them, probably get job done quicker now.
  • Options

More people need to know that this is going on behind the scenes Mr.W, but you know the ridiculous doublethink that is going on at the moment pretty much equates to lies = truth and truth = lies so what would be the point in telling them?

George Orwell must be up there now trying to explain that 1984 was only meant to be fiction...

• Options
    ZouseZouse ✭✭✭

Now this is a little more constructive: "Green party calls on Labour, Lib Dems, and Plaid Cymru to form a "progressive alliance" next election"

http://www.newstatesman.com/politics/staggers/2016/06/green-party-calls-labour-lib-dems-and-plaid-cymru-form-progressive

• Options

Great, glad quite a few are beginning to think along those lines.

• Options
    JT141JT141 ✭✭✭
    Gove essentially calling Boris incompetent. No shit... Most duplicitous least loyal politician in modern history? Word in from Judas, says Gove's a bit of a bastard.

Jeremy Hunt now backing May. May's premiership now looking 20% less attractive.

Tory MPs running round seeing how they can further their careers in this chaotic political mess. If this were a battlefield this lot would be robbing the corpses.
  • Options
    JT141JT141 ✭✭✭
    Do you reckon this relentless internal party politics that's going in is a kind of displacement activity because no one knows how to or wants to deal with the bigger issue?

Boris not to stand anyone?
  • Options

They would, yes JT.

Interesting to note that there is apparently a "stampede" away from Johnson and towards Gove now. The bookies now have him as second favourite behind May!

Would it not be both hilarious and utterly tragic of if Boris, after causing this f*cking disaster, never got to be PM after all?

And would it also not be a wonderful thing if he was given the poisoned chalice job of Minister for Brexit"?

May is talking the talk but I don't see how she could deliver on what she's said in the face of of any economic meltdown, even if she means what she says and who knows these days?

• Options
    JT141 wrote (see)
    Do you reckon this relentless internal party politics that's going in is a kind of displacement activity because no one knows how to or wants to deal with the bigger issue?
    Boris not to stand anyone?

Partly this, partly because they never expected it to come to this and partly because some form of cataclysm has been coming for a while because FPTP politics no longer works. The coalition merely held it off for 5 years.

• Options
    HappychapHappychap ✭✭✭

Oh goodness this is all so depressing.  My mate at the treasury reckons its gonna take 10 to 25 years to sort this mess out and at this current point no one there has a plan.

There is no doubt things needed addressing and I'm trying to be optimistic that things will be better in the long run but, I'm not sure chucking this bomb in and seeing what comes out of it is the best way to do it.

• Options
    JT141JT141 ✭✭✭
    Boris not standing. I've rewarded myself with a biscuit.
  • Options
    JT141JT141 ✭✭✭
    Still waiting on response from David Cameron, once he stops laughing.
  • Options

Just read that myself.

Don't know whether to think OMG of WTF!!! image

But what a spineless bastard - everyone knows he didn't have the balls to invoke Article 50 himself. Off to the Brexit Ministry to clean your mess up, twat!

• Options
    M..o.useM..o.use ✭✭✭

He's not spineless (well, he is but...) he's a clever, clever fucker.  Now he'll have no further association with this mess and will be able to come back victorious in years to come (because the public is fickle and they will forget it was his fault in the first place.)  He could still be PM at some point in his future career.

• Options
    Wow, so its Michael Gove or Theresa May - do you want a kick in the genitals or a punch in the face?

Gove was very unpopular with teachers when he was Education Secretary. At my children's school when he was moved the teachers had a party!
  • Options

I missed this bit from Theresa May's speech:

"She said that article 50, which triggers the two-year EU withdrawal process, should not be invoked before the end of the year."

She wants to stall/buy time. Very, very interesting...

• Options
    JT141JT141 ✭✭✭
    The political journos seem to think all the way to this morning Boris did intend to stand. But Gove has close ties to Murdoch and the Mail and got the nod this morning they wanted him as their man. So they fucked Boris.
  • Options

Fair theory but makes him the victim - I prefer to think that BoJo shat on the carpet and walked away.

• Options
    15West15West ✭✭✭

Jesus, anyone but Gove. Christ almighty. 

• Options
    JT141JT141 ✭✭✭
    Seeing and hearing the Brexit Tory MPs and right wing columnists discussing this. Oh my goodness the lies and bullshit dissemination. It's enough to make you giddy.

Keep checking up on The Daily Mash satirical website. A must read at the moment.
  • Options

I dislike May and Gove.......but iether would be better than Boris.but i think it should have been Boris left to pick up the mess

• Options
    15West15West ✭✭✭

Gove would be like Thatcher on crack. I really would worry about the NHS with him in charge.

• Options

Another theory someone has is that, having shafted London, he was never really going to  be able to show his face here, let alone live here.

You can't really go back once you have set your neighbours' houses on fire.

• Options
    15West15West ✭✭✭

I think Boris Johnson may have tried to get the less Brexity deal with EU possible...and he may have got away with it with the UK cause he's a likeable clown. Gove will do what Brexit says...we're out...and I think May will almost be the same.

• Options

if may is saying not doing article 50 till next year then maybe she is hoping that time will give an escape clause.....

• Options

so noone thinks crabb has a chance

• Options
    15West15West ✭✭✭

Oh, I didn't know she said that. That's interesting. That will piss off our European friends though. It will piss off Ukippers and Brexit tories too. And lots of people who voted Brexit.

What a mess.