Options

Chester marathon 2012

Comments

• Options
    15West15West ✭✭✭

Touché.

Down to do a tempo run today, probably on a treadmill. Last thing I want to do really as went to a curry buffet in a pub last night and feeling somewhat lethargic this morning.

• Options

Morning All,

Just clicked on the enter button for this marathon, so am now in!

It will be my 2nd marathon having just comleted the White Peak marathon in May, time of 3hrs 16 mins (not that flat!). Now gives the summer(?) some focus and aim to get close to 3 hours.

Be good to keep in touch with you all over the coming months to see how things are going.

Pete

• Options

JD - hahaha I laughed when I read you asking if Im doing Castles. No is the answer, Im far from being fast enough to ever be considered for anything like this. I havent run with PTH for ages or paid my subs. Hoping to start back there in next couple of weeks

Very hard 4.5 mile run for me today on seafront. The wind was so stromg that I had to lean 45degree angle to move. The wind was blowing me all over trying to stop me running in a straight line. My face was being blasted by sand. All good though and will ultimately make me a stronger runner. First time that Ive ever seen no other runners on the front hahah just one nutter - me

You guys are all looking for really good times at Chester, hopefully there will be some people on here looking for similar time to me

• Options
    jason djason d ✭✭✭

TF- you don't have to be fast- we're struggling to get a team of any sorts togetherimage Well done on the run- i've got a 10 miler planned and I'm not looking forward to it- looks like being a case of survival!!image

BARGAINS GALORE!!

Local Tesco seems to be having a clear out- whey protein mixes at £5 instead of £21 and SIS powder at £4 a tub!! Went round with 2 trolleys

image Only question now is where to store it all!imageimage

• Options
    jason djason d ✭✭✭

10.42m done with 10 x 100m strides on the track. Starting to get thereimage

• Options

Hey. whats going on with all the football threads. Distance.co.uk have got a sale on some items including trainers. Saucony womens trainers the same as ones currently got 57.99 and they are 80 something everywhere else. may be worth a look if anyone is going to need new trainers. JD you must have to have trainers every month with the miles you put in. Ive got a bit of an odd running style so the outer part of the heel on my trainers wears unevenly.

Having a rest day today, again but hoping to do maybe 7 or 8 miles in morning tomorrow

happy running everyone. hope castles was good jd

• Options
    jason djason d ✭✭✭

TF- Thanks, but my Castles leg is tomorrowimage

Just a 6.4m recovery plod this morning followed by a day in the Country Park adventure playground, beach and toboggan runimage. Oh, and lunch in Pizza Hut- where I had loads of  salad and a handful of tortilla chipsimage

• Options

Hi, 7.2 miles done this morning, furthest in a while. Felt like I could have gone further but dont want to push things to early on incase my leg or foot go bad again. Going to stick to my plan and be sensible image

• Options
    Just got back from a hilly 18 miles and definitely feeling it! Couldn't have continued much longer, 2 more miles maximum. Slightly disappointed with my time as I wanted to beat 2:15:00 but did it in 2:18:38. Do you all have set training schedules? I kind of just wing it slightly, club running Tuesdays and Thursdays either speed endurance or hill sessions, core exercises on Wednesdays and long runs on Sundays. With a couple of recovery runs thrown in over the week.
  • Options
    jason djason d ✭✭✭

TF and Andrew- well done on the runsimage

Andrew- I tend to stick to a schedule (ish) in the build up to a marathon

Ran the Castles Relay today- Brecon to Beacons Reservoir- 8.8m with 328m of ascent according to my Garmin. Reasons to be happy: 1) This time last week I wasn't running image 2) Time of 1.00.58 is around 2 mins quicker than I last ran this in 2010
    The good thing about 8.8m of constant up was when i ran back to my car after the event- i.e. 8.8m of DOWN. Did this in a leisurely 1.06 to make total mileage for today with warm up 18.1m and 78m for the week. (Bit of a jump from last week's 19, i know....) image

• Options
    compo 1compo 1 ✭✭✭

did Marsden 10 mile challange today in 1h16    2mins faster then last year  very tough hilly course  with 80% off road

• Options
    jason djason d ✭✭✭

compo- well doneimage

• Options

10km yesterday on the dreadmill including 7km tempo, felt cooked just after 6km but hung on for the last one.  

10 miler this morning - first time I've run that far since I moved to my present abode in the tropics.  Was able to keep within the right hand margin of LSR target pace without problems and even the vicious little hills near the end didn't bother me as much as usual (that is, I didn't entertain any thoughts of a quick walk!).

Fairly happy with that for a weekend's work.  Not quite as good as Compo though!  

• Options

Just caught up after being on holiday last week. Managed 3 runs while away, totalling 16 miles with 10 miler yesterday so I'm pretty chuffed with that. PF also calmed right down since using the sock.

TF - my target time seems similar to yours. Was aiming for sub 4:30 in Manchester but the crappy conditions put paid to that (well, that's my excuse anyway!) so my realistic target is 4:20 but sub 4:00 in my dreams....!

• Options

Well done Compo. Good running GK and Alison.

I ran the Liverpool Tunnel 10k yesterday in an OK-but-not-great- time of 42:21. 

• Options
    15West15West ✭✭✭

Hello all - some good runs/races this weekend.

For me was 5 mile recovery on sat, 15 miles on sun.

At least we don't have any heat/dehydration issues with the lovely summer weather we've been having.

• Options
    I did the tunnel 10k as well. 42:57. Bit disappointed with that. Got there late because of problems on merseyfail do started at the back. Not a good experience.

Race was good tho. Good 1 to do I think.
  • Options

Yep, I'd def. do it again if it fell in with my Spring marathon schedule. Start off a bit slower next time to have more left in the tank after hitting the incline coming out of the tunnel. 

• Options

Nice 10.5 mile hilly run yesterday, felt good, looking forward to upping mileage slowly and enjoying LSR through the summer

• Options

Day off running today, finished work early today and got a massive bag of crisps in front of me. Planning nice run before work tomorrow, if I can wake up early enough

AP2 keep me posted of your mileage and your runs. Itl be interesting to know what your doing as our targets are quite similar. Il prob crash and burn on the day, thats how it usually pans out for me as I set off at too quicker pace. maybe fourth time lucky this time

Well done everyone on your 10k runs, very fast

• Options
    jason djason d ✭✭✭

6m recovery run here tonight. Got a 10k lined up this Sundayimage

• Options

well done to all racers at the weekendimage

I started my Chester marathon training today in the rain! Whats that about hey, I wanted to do all my training in the sun. I did 6x1k reps avg 4:12 per rep, just put the times in a running calculator and it says I will get a marathon time of 4hrs, which is good but way off what time I wanted...

Jason d, good luck with your 10k this weekend, are you going all out or have you a plan that you will be sticking to?

• Options

Gazelle, 16 weeks out from Chester I wouldn't worry about what time 1km reps project for you. You're only going to improve inbetween now and October (hopefully!).

• Options

GazOC Yeah I know but it would be good to be able to be on target nowimage I did a progressive run on friday and put in two miles at MP at the end which seemed fine, I have had too much time on my hands today so was over analyzing things!!!!

• Options

Yeah, I know what you mean. I'm a bugger for that McMillan calculator thingie, "if I can do 10k in 40 mins what time will I get in a marathon?".image

• Options
    7m on Sunday, which felt good. Was hoping to go out today as well but work plans changed and scuppered that idea, also won't realistically be able to get out now until Friday, which is a bit of a bugger!
  • Options

Marathon training started yesterday hope to do 4 hrs if not better. Ran 8 miles before work on Monday and 4 this morning before work. Speed work on the dreaded treadmill tomorrow. I an trying to follow the Asics plan.

Alison Preecs2 let me know about the sock or how you get on with it as I have suffered with PF for ages now.

• Options
    16 miles today at 8:40 mins/mile, heartrate stayed under 70% but my legs were still heavy from Sunday. Not an enjoyable run.
  • Options

Good running GazOC. After your tunnel runimage

• Options
    15West15West ✭✭✭

GazOC - what schedule you following?